DISBOARDS APP - Please Read

WebmasterCorey

corey@disneyinfo.com
Administrator
The DISboards App will no longer work with this new software. The reason we offered the app was to allow everyone to view the boards on a mobile device. The app was not created or controlled by us and we were getting zero support when issues started to happen with it, and there were lots of issues. If you have it, please delete it.

Now that the boards are responsive (adjusts to your screen), you are able to view the entire site on your mobile device through any browser. You can also add a shortcut to the home screen of you Android or iPhone for easy one-click access.

Thanks for the update. For those of us who are clueless, how do you add a shortcut to the home screen of your iPhone? Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the update. For those of us who are clueless, how do you add a shortcut to the home screen of your iPhone? Thanks for your help.

When you have a webpage open hit the button on the bottom of the screen that looks like a square with an arrow pointing up. Then choose "add to home screen" and there ya go!

Yes. This is so much better than the app. I'm suddenly liking this server a whole lot better than the old one.

The DISboards App will no longer work with this new software. The reason we offered the app was to allow everyone to view the boards on a mobile device. The app was not created or controlled by us and we were getting zero support when issues started to happen with it, and there were lots of issues. If you have it, please delete it.

Now that the boards are responsive (adjusts to your screen), you are able to view the entire site on your mobile device through any browser. You can also add a shortcut to the home screen of you Android or iPhone for easy one-click access.
Thank you! I was wondering what was wrong.

Except for the poor performance of the app, I am disliking the boards on a browser a lot more. Scrolling keeps bumping me into unintended threads. Fonts are weird sizes. Some are huge, and some are almost unreadable. Also, the edit windows are behaving strangely when I copy/paste or try to place the cursor in a spot.

I also like the participated and recent threads options on the app. I don't see anything like that now.

I am disliking the new experience so much, that the board is pretty much unusable on my phone. iPhone using Chrome. I don't have issues with other sites. This message took forever to type out and was pretty painful.

When you have a webpage open hit the button on the bottom of the screen that looks like a square with an arrow pointing up. Then choose "add to home screen" and there ya go!
After reading Corey's post I said out loud to myself - how do I add a shortcut! Thanks for the instructions. I really need to start learning all the things my phone can do.

Except for the poor performance of the app, I am disliking the boards on a browser a lot more. Scrolling keeps bumping me into unintended threads. Fonts are weird sizes. Some are huge, and some are almost unreadable. Also, the edit windows are behaving strangely when I copy/paste or try to place the cursor in a spot.

I also like the participated and recent threads options on the app. I don't see anything like that now.

I am disliking the new experience so much, that the board is pretty much unusable on my phone. iPhone using Chrome. I don't have issues with other sites. This message took forever to type out and was pretty painful.

I had a similar experience. I am hoping that it is a matter of getting used to it... ...

I had a similar experience. I am hoping that it is a matter of getting used to it... ...

I am a (very!) big hater of change for change's sake, and I would be the last person to defend any updates which are just trendy new looks with no useful substance (the whole of Windows 8 springs to mind) however I'm very much in favour of pretty-much everything that I've seen so far in this new forum software. It works very nicely if you allow it to, and has a lot of useful new functionality - and it works far better on my Android Galaxy Note 3 than the old version did, it's very usable in fact.

Just give it a bit of time for the teething issues to be sorted, and for you to get used to it.

Andre

I am a (very!) big hater of change for change's sake, and I would be the last person to defend any updates which are just trendy new looks with no useful substance (the whole of Windows 8 springs to mind) however I'm very much in favour of pretty-much everything that I've seen so far in this new forum software. It works very nicely if you allow it to, and has a lot of useful new functionality - and it works far better on my Android Galaxy Note 3 than the old version did, it's very usable in fact.

Just give it a bit of time for the teething issues to be sorted, and for you to get used to it.

Andre
I definitely will give it some time -- I don't fear change!! ;) good to hear your experience -- I'm hopeful... :) Still have to sort out my avatar when I'm at my home computer next...

Does this work for iPad, as well???

Does this work for iPad, as well???

Yes it does.

I'm having very similar issues on my iphone, especially the cursor issues and especially when I'm multi-quoting. It's so frustrating that I will really not be able to use the quote function at all on my phone, which is where I do most of my disboard posting.

I do agree that the app was buggy though and especially with the redirecting site ads lately. But I still enjoyed the ease and layout of it better than using the browser page.

My favorite use of the App was to quickly navigate to participated threads. In the new web interface it is easy to get to unread watched threads, or even all watched threads, but I was wondering if anyone has found a way to view all of the threads that you have posted in. I suppose one workaround would be to watch each thread after you post, but I was wondering if anyone had found anything else neat.

ETA: I found under Your Account / Browsing Preferences there is a checkbox to automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply. Then your watched threads page will be similar to the App's current / participated screen.

Last edited:
My favorite use of the App was to quickly navigate to participated threads. In the new web interface it is easy to get to unread watched threads, or even all watched threads, but I was wondering if anyone has found a way to view all of the threads that you have posted in. I suppose one workaround would be to watch each thread after you post, but I was wondering if anyone had found anything else neat.

ETA: I found under Your Account / Browsing Preferences there is a checkbox to automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply. Then your watched threads page will be similar to the App's current / participated screen.
That's what I've done. But also you can get to all the threads you've posted to via your profile.

Is there any even slight possibility that a new app will be made? I hate mobile websites and miss the app so much (bugs and all!)

Is there any even slight possibility that a new app will be made? I hate mobile websites and miss the app so much (bugs and all!)

but there really isn't a need for an app when it's a responsive website. Adding a bookmark sort of acts as the same concept.

but there really isn't a need for an app when it's a responsive website. Adding a bookmark sort of acts as the same concept.

I don't agree. An app is very different from a mobile website. You can go in and out of it without constantly taking away the page or worrying about the pages. And all apps navigate better and easier than mobile sites. Just as with any other app ie target or Walmart you can do a mobile site yet they still have apps.

According to Pete, no. They have no intentions of making a new app. The old app was written by an outside company, and was totally unsupported, causing them all sorts of headaches. And they have no control over ads on an app like that.

I don't agree. An app is very different from a mobile website. You can go in and out of it without constantly taking away the page or worrying about the pages. And all apps navigate better and easier than mobile sites. Just as with any other app ie target or Walmart you can do a mobile site yet they still have apps.
I found the old app extremely hard to navigate. I always used the mobile site because of that (and for other reasons). I think saying "all apps" is quite the generalization. Maybe "all good apps".

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts