Disability phone number is no longer in service

abbyandangel

Mouseketeer
The main thread is closed so posting this here. I tried the phone number from the automated email I received but now it’s no longer available. Our only option is to email our questions. I did send an email but haven’t gotten a reply.

I chatted with a CM this morning and they said 2 adults with more than 2 kids will most likely get an exception IF the child is deemed eligible for DAS

The food at WDW affects my child’s blood sugar. I have requested a complete carb count as an accommodation. With DAS we could just rebook the same attraction if we had to leave the line. I don’t think it works like that with Genie Plus.

The food at WDW affects my child’s blood sugar. I have requested a complete carb count as an accommodation.
Yes we have 2 kids with severe food allergies and we do have to know exactly where we will be eating (even QS) at least 2 weeks beforehand and we have to submit the special diets form and then get contacted by each chef and come up with exactly what they will be eating. It’s stressful and time consuming but it’s also reassuring and safer.

I have requested a complete carb count as an accommodation.
They will not provide complete carb counts. Some may be available at QS if it’s a pre-packaged item. Otherwise suppliers change and ingredients change so they won’t give it. Your best bet is a good trusted estimator resource. We use Calorie King but there are lots of apps available today.

They will not provide complete carb counts. Some may be available at QS if it’s a pre-packaged item. Otherwise suppliers change and ingredients change so they won’t give it. Your best bet is a good trusted estimator resource. We use Calorie King but there are lots of apps available today.
When she was a child that worked for us. As a teen she wants to eat or drink things that calorie king never heard of. Disney was the one place we kinda relaxed the “rules” a bit. It was nice to give her one week out of the year to focus more on fun and less on diabetes.

As a teen she wants to eat or drink things that calorie king never heard of.
Understood — I have one of those as well. But WDW still won’t provide carb counts. Maybe look at menus and help her estimate carbs based on similar products/sizes that you do know or can find on other sources. She can create a note on her phone with the counts you’ve estimated.

The food at WDW affects my child’s blood sugar. I have requested a complete carb count as an accommodation. With DAS we could just rebook the same attraction if we had to leave the line. I don’t think it works like that with Genie Plus.
What would be nice is if there was an option with Genie+ to have it valid for X number of attractions instead of once per ride, as there a rides DH and I won't do and others we would repeat. Also, if they offered the ability to have the end time ignored for those with disabilities, then Genie+ could work for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter