Dis Unplugged and Me

EllaEverAfter

Earning My Ears
I haven't post all that much on the forum but this is something I want to share. It is a post of thanks.

I suffer with an anxiety disorder and depression. Mostly it is well controlled however of late things have been tough and it culminated in my having a mental breakdown 11 days ago.

I have the Dis app on my phone and for the last couple of months I have been listening to podcasts to help with my grounding during panic attacks. So much so that you all feel like friends in my phone! Not in a stalker way!

The sense of humour that you have as a team is so matched to mine. The dry humour of Pete and the team helps me focus on keeping calm but also provides me with an IV of Disney passion.

I am working my way through the Connecting with Walt series which Michael and Craig are bringing to life. The history or Walt and his entire empire reminds me that you can achieve anything...even though most days that feels beyond reach.

Disney is very much my escape and I am desperate to be immersed in that world. The only time I feel relaxed and truly at ease is in Disney world....even with kids in tow!! An you have no idea just how much I love to hear Dreams Unlimited Travel!

I just wanted to say a big thank you to Pete, Ryno, Craig, Kevin, Julie, Kathy, Steve, Corey, John and Michael from the East Coast. I am sure I have missed some of you who have helped me without even knowing. I can honestly say, hand on heart, that your work has saved my life.

I hope that I have the pleasure of bumping into you next time I am in Flordia...again not in a stalker kind of way! Can't wait until you make Dreams Ultd Travel a worldwide brand and take on UK reps...my CV will be in that pile!

I just re-read this! I'm not a freak, I promise!!
@EllaEverAfter I don't think you're a freak in the slightest, and wanted to welcome you, and say I'm glad you found this place, and my beloved podcasts, and are enjoying them so much. And I think it's actually daggone ingenious to use them to help you through some rough times, actually - I did the same thing to help me through some very trying personal, health, and work times. I hope you continue to be able to navigate a more steady path for yourself, and to feel better. So - no judgement - only acceptance, and welcome, from me! :)

The Disney World is the one place we can go to to "escape" from the world around us especially when things get a little tough. I only found the DIS Unplugged on YouTube fairly recently but am already an avid follower - even miss the daily fix when they take a break at the weekend! So welcome to this place of happiness and I hope that it helps you on a daily basis.

I think of this as one of the few places I can visit. The sense of family and the wit and wisdom from the podcasts draw me in too.

I often think that Craig is me, but I have changed... @DisneyKevin is much closer. There is a sense of family in this group, a feeling of acceptance. Yes I threw the spaghetti on the wall, but only to make sure it was done.

There is a warm feeling around people who are so open and honest about life. These are the people I want to protect, flaws unabashedly exposed.

I agree! I look forward to it every Tuesday. That is why I like it when they skip the news and go right on to the fantasy. :tinker:

I hear you EllaEverAfter. I had some pretty tough years when my WDW trips were like a beacon of light off in the distance. If I could just stay afloat until I reached the light I would be OK and on dark dreary November day's (like today) listening to the podcasts helped me stay afloat with hope.

I hear you EllaEverAfter. I had some pretty tough years when my WDW trips were like a beacon of light off in the distance. If I could just stay afloat until I reached the light I would be OK and on dark dreary November day's (like today) listening to the podcasts helped me stay afloat with hope.
Yep - I've always said that as long as I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, something I'm looking forward to, I'm OK, as you said. Peeps at work used to make fun of me when sometimes my "Disney countdowns" used to be a year, sometimes more, away. But - like a prisoner - I'd X off every single day, until the trip was here. And even though they made fun of me, they'd always come in to see how many days I had left. Now, unfortunately, I haven't had a WDW countdown in a LONG time, but I've made do with smaller "beacons of light" to row towards. :)

The DIS has done more for me than I could ever have imagined when I started listening four(ish) years ago, and I'll just leave it at that.
Yeah, I hear it's also let you meet some real "out there" types of folks, too. Present company totally excluded, of course. :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!