DIS really slow/lagging this morning, or just me?

Ditto. This thread even took a long time to open. I'm on my phone now but I often notice on my browser, that the site gets stuck . Not sure if it's related to all those ads and videos that try to run on the sides.

my high speed internet is loading at Dial-up speed ...

Last edited:
Having pages take 30-40 seconds to load is inexcusable and makes the site unusable. I am on my PC, not mobile, and I know it isn't my computer. It is only this site.

Been slow for several days now plus I get those fake update your browser pop up messages.

:earsboy: Bill

VERY SLOW today.

I don't think it's network related:
upload_2017-9-18_11-39-21.png

But the website takes quite a while to respond. Opening this thread took 10 seconds. Going to page 2 took 9. Saving drafts is taking between 5 and 12 seconds.

(Adding this reply took 7.5. Opening it to edit took 8.5)

The issue isn't the network connectivity, it's the webserver itself. The server is located in San Antonio (with no edge caching!) and it's responding to pings just fine, so we know the DC is ok. When analyzing the traffic between my client and the server, I see that there's a huge gap of 15-20 seconds following my SSL connection before I get the first response from the server. This time to first byte is 100% an issue with the application that's acting as a webserver (it looks like litespeed) that's hanging for some reason. Could be the application is out of memory, dumping lots of errors, handling too many requests, or who knows what else. What we know is that it's the very first response from the server that's problematic. None of the external resources or other site content are taking too long to load once disboards responds.

What's disappointing is the lack of communication here. Sysadmin competencies are questionable when an ongoing issue impacting users goes unaddressed for days.

The issue isn't the network connectivity, it's the webserver itself. The server is located in San Antonio (with no edge caching!) and it's responding to pings just fine, so we know the DC is ok. When analyzing the traffic between my client and the server, I see that there's a huge gap of 15-20 seconds following my SSL connection before I get the first response from the server. This time to first byte is 100% an issue with the application that's acting as a webserver (it looks like litespeed) that's hanging for some reason. Could be the application is out of memory, dumping lots of errors, handling too many requests, or who knows what else. What we know is that it's the very first response from the server that's problematic. None of the external resources or other site content are taking too long to load once disboards responds.

What's disappointing is the lack of communication here. Sysadmin competencies are questionable when an ongoing issue impacting users goes unaddressed for days.
Agree that lack of communication is extremely disappointing. Maybe DIS should hire you... .... :)

Well, it was running real slow again this morning, but perked up late morning and has been running great all day.

But, now it's back to taking 20+ seconds to go from page to page. :headache:

This is ridiculous now.
  • Slowed to a crawl multiple times throughout every day for days now
  • No response on here or elsewhere that I have seen from any admins
Unlike years ago, there are MANY options these days to get Disney news. The above two points (along with already decreased traffic on this site) is getting close to making this board an option that I won't seek out much longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!