Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

congrats on booking - I've been the same way - checking all the time and seeing prices fluctuate all over. latelt found an Aer Lingus flight that times work well for us, but one stop each way, for $647 total per person. Do I just go with that or wait and see if the Delta flights come down and/or if they add a non-Alitalia operated direct flight on the day I want. Definitely finding this all stressful!

Me too! I am not a very seasoned traveler so it's a stressful thing for me.

Been a while since i checked into this thread (Joe and Tricia). Been busy with various things over the past few months. Anyways, welcome abroad to anyone that has signed up recently :welcome: Looks like a big group. Need to get serious about booking our air and pre-trip itinerary. Still leaning towards the 3 night Tuscan wine country tour through Viking which likely means that it will be easier to go through their air package? That likely leaves us little to no time to see Rome unless we flew in a day earlier as well.

I still have not fully plan my activities for Rome yet. There is something interesting that might be available. It is a completely after hours Vatican tour for a group of 20 people approximately. It is pricey and runs approximately 270 euros/person. Clearly it is not regular after hours tour. It is not offered on Friday nights it would only be available either Wednesday or Thursday. If there is interest in something like I would be willing move forward.

On a different note depending what happens with the above will depend on when I do a tour of the streets/piazzas of Rome or other things I might have mentioned earlier in the thread

Just Booked Thank you Kevin for your help... Jenn and I are so Excited to be going with you all to Italy. First Time Cruisers..
First time going to Europe. This is a life long dream for both of us.
:welcome:
Sounds like you've got a lot of "firsts" on this trip. You'll have a great time!

My husband and I got TSA Pre √ a few years ago and have found it to be beneficial. Is Global Entry worth pursuing?

I still have not fully plan my activities for Rome yet. There is something interesting that might be available. It is a completely after hours Vatican tour for a group of 20 people approximately. It is pricey and runs approximately 270 euros/person. Clearly it is not regular after hours tour. It is not offered on Friday nights it would only be available either Wednesday or Thursday. If there is interest in something like I would be willing move forward.

On a different note depending what happens with the above will depend on when I do a tour of the streets/piazzas of Rome or other things I might have mentioned earlier in the thread

Trish and I would be interested as long as it doesn't interfere with the Twilight Trastevere Tour

My husband and I got TSA Pre √ a few years ago and have found it to be beneficial. Is Global Entry worth pursuing?

It may depend how much you travel. And keep in mind some credit cards (such as some Amex cards) will reimburse the ~$100 Global Entry fee.

Pros:
1) It allows you to "Fast Pass" past the line to US Passport control. Every once in a while there's a surprisingly long Global Entry line, but that's unusual. If you've checked luggage, you'll probably get through Passport Control so quickly, you'll be waiting at the carousel for your bags. So, while it eliminates waiting in line, sometimes you still have to wait for bags.
2) It allows you to "Fast Pass" past customs. Every once in a while, after you collect luggage in the US, there are still long lines to get through Customs. Houston (IAH) often has surprisingly long custom lines. IAH always has a Global Entry line to skip past it.
3) GE gives you a Known Traveler ID. With it, I've always gotten Pre-Check including domestic flights. But as you probably know, you have to be sure the Known Traveler ID is included on your reservation.
4) Because you can get through Passport Control/Customs faster, sometimes it makes making a tight connection easier (International flight into the US connecting to a domestic flight).

I think it's worth it, even with checked bags, as it's less stressful than waiting in line especially if you're traveling internationally 2-3 times over the next 5 yrs. Keep in mind, it only applies in the US. Doesn't help with passport control lines in Europe.

Kate and I would be interested as we long as we can still do the Trastevere Food tour later or another night.

This sounds interesting. Depending on dates/times we would like to be part of this

It was mentioned a few (many) pages ago at this point, but for those that missed it, some of us are doing the early entry tour of the Vatican on Saturday morning - obviously not the exact same thing but you do get in before the general population so much less crowded and at a lower price point - so, figure an alternative for people as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter