"Direct Travel" flights from Manchester

brigadoon

Earning My Ears
Just back from this year's non-Disney holiday, on the spur of the moment (and because of a good price) I've booked a flight only from Manchester to Sanford with Direct Travel next summer. Previously we've flown with BA and Virgin from Gatwick and were less impressed with Virgin, which we reckon couldn't have been much better than a charter.

My questions are:
1) Has anybody here flown this flight and what type of aircraft is it?
2) What is the legroom like?
3) On principle, I don't intend to pay for pre-seating. Are we still likely to sit together if we turn up early?
4) Are food and drinks extra on the flight?
5) Are there seat-back TVs?

Any comments gratefully received.

Hiya

I'd be interested to know the dates you are going and how much you paid?

I've already booked with BA but had considered Direct Travel.

Anyway some answers to YOUR questions:

Flew with My Travel last October (2003). Flight was okay for a Charter (but then I rate Virgin (to LA) better than BA). Yes there were seat back TVs. You pay for drinks (which was expensive and irritating as it added to the time that the trolley took to reach you). You can pay in advance for meals rather than on the plane which was what we did (can't remember how much it cost). Legroom ok. Can't remember type of plane but I'm sure it was a 3, 3, 3 configuration. I don't think we paid to sit together but we all ended up together anyway?! There were 6 of us.

I recall that we were delayed on the return journey by about 90 minutes and My travel gavce us food vouchers which was enough for a burger snack and a drink so all in all they seemed to "care" about their passengers.

Put it this way I rated them enough to consider them for next years trip!

Hi Scottish Mouse, thanks for your encouraging reply.

Being Scottish myself I couldn't bring myself to pay the £2,700 flight only cost (2 adults/2 children) direct from Glasgow on 2nd July, so I jumped at the chance of Manchester for £1,100 less. The marginal cost of driving down is only about £70 or £80, so I'm quids in. I looked at BA but the prices seemed steeper than last year and I'm getting a bit fed up of always changing flights in England for holidays, so I thought Manchester seemed a relatively easy option. One problem with BA is that my 13 year old daughter is classed as an adult. At least Virgin gave her a reduction.

I agree wholeheartedly about Glasgow flight supplements. Its disgusting.

We're actually flying out on 30 June just to save the awful July price hike. Very impressed with the cost of my travel. Will definately consdier a diy package post 2005.

If I remember right, the Glasgow basic per adult was £200 higher than Manchester and then they had the cheek to charge £160 per person (inc kids) flight supplement. You'd have to be bonkers to pay the Scottish price, but lots of people obviously do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter