Direct Price Increase! 1/30

Cabins at 225 will be very hard
Have we ever not said that after a price increase?

Different levels of prices and incentives have varying impact on sales pace. But the slow and steady approach still pays dividends...especially when Disney can rent undeclared inventory. Riviera has been selling for 4 years, but rooms aren't sitting empty. They're fetching $600+ per night. People will pay for the cabins, too.

Different levels of prices and incentives have varying impact on sales pace. But the slow and steady approach still pays dividends...especially when Disney can rent undeclared inventory. Riviera has been selling for 4 years, but rooms aren't sitting empty. They're fetching $600+ per night. People will pay for the cabins, too.
I think eventually people’s inability to take on more credit card debt will make these cash prices drop back to earth… we shall see….

Saw this ... I am starting to wonder if they even ever care if they sell out of Riv...maybe they just want it to sell forever like Aul to always have inventory to sell.

Personally, I take this to mean CFW sales starting no later than March of 2024. If I am right, there will probably be a master declaration during January-February.

Finish current RIV promotion in January, raise price end of January, wait a month or so, then start CFW sales.

Except I do have 75 direct points for VDH 😂 must not be good enough LOL
Check your communication settings in the DVC member website and in your M D E profile - drill as far down as you can. I was amazed at how many settings there were for different Disney entities.

And unfortunately the truth is you still might not get the emails. But you need to try!

Yep this is the approach they're taking, maximize profits, even if it means decreased sales velocity. There's a reason VGF went on a fire sale, they can't sell those rooms for the prices they want. I have a friend who was going to stay at the Contemporary next month and got a call last week for a free upgrade to Grand Floridian. Riviera on the other hand? People are paying cash for those rooms and the resort is booked. Why sell faster when you can earn more through people paying cash for the time being especially when it's supposed to be their newest resort?

Yep this is the approach they're taking, maximize profits, even if it means decreased sales velocity. There's a reason VGF went on a fire sale, they can't sell those rooms for the prices they want. I have a friend who was going to stay at the Contemporary next month and got a call last week for a free upgrade to Grand Floridian. Riviera on the other hand? People are paying cash for those rooms and the resort is booked. Why sell faster when you can earn more through people paying cash for the time being especially when it's supposed to be their newest resort?

Yup. Availability of cash rooms is exactly why DVC felt greater urgency to sell VGF. All of the units were declared into the condo association very early, meaning there was no unsold inventory to rent for cash. Breakage was likely rare due to high demand for VGF studios (yes, even the Resort Studios). Plus Disney has 650-850 cash rooms to sell before any of that turns into a profit center.

At Riviera, there are about 125 undeclared rooms available for cash. Rooms which are anecdotally quite popular with cash guests. Certainly more popular than one would believe reading posts here, which are influenced by things like resale restrictions and a narrative that RIV is a lesser resort because it neighbors a Disney Moderate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter