Dinner for 15 at Ama Ama & photographer there?

ngl

DIS Veteran
We will be visiting Aulani for the second time in March. This time we are having a family reunion of sorts and celebrating my mother in law's 80th bday. There will be 15 of us. While we were hoping for a private dinner location, given the minimum spends at both Aulani and Four Seasons probably does not make sense since we have 6 kids in the group.

Has anyone had dinner at Ama Ama for this sized group? Do they put you in a more "private" area or really anywhere in the restaurant? Also, could we get a Photopass Photographer to take photos?

Thanks so much for any information!

We just returned from a week's stay at Aulani (it was heaven!) and were traveling with a party of 10, adults and teens. We had dinner at Ama Ama one evening and had a great table with a view of the lagoon. I didn't notice any "private" areas.... I think because the appeal of the restaurant is it's open air concept. You could certainly ask though! Some of the other places we dined that were easily able to accommodate our large party were Monkey Pod and Roy's. Both are within walking distance and both had fantastic food and service. I think Ama Ama took reservations at 180 days out but the others were 60 days.

Oh, and I didn't see any Photo Pass photographers in the restaurant itself but there was one every night on the lagoon beach at sunset time. We got some fantastic photos of the whole group as well as the individual families.

Have a great time!:)

They do have a (pricey) option for a Disney photographer to take pics for $100 if they don't have photographers there at the restaurant. Sounds like it will be a wonderful family celebration - enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter