Dining Reservation Mistake

Larry Flannery

Earning My Ears
I was online trying to book more dining for our trip in Sept. I went through the process and the date somehow got switched to tomorrow, July 10. I booked this less than 24 hours out and I am not seeing a way to move reservation or cancel.
Any advice?
Call in morning?
I guess worst case, I eat $10

I think you can modify it to a date further out and then cancel. I’ve never done this before so I’m not sure if there’s a place to click “modify” or “edit” in MDE? I think if you call they should be able to take care of it for you.

I was online trying to book more dining for our trip in Sept. I went through the process and the date somehow got switched to tomorrow, July 10. I booked this less than 24 hours out and I am not seeing a way to move reservation or cancel.
Any advice?
Call in morning?
I guess worst case, I eat $10

First, the cancellation fee is $10 per person. Just wanted to make sure you were aware because you posted, “for our December trip.”

Because it is not yet midnight Orlando time, you should still have an option to cancel the ADR. Unless, you happened to book one of the dining experiences that come with the 48 hour cancellation policy such as Cinderella’s Royal Table, Hoop Dee Doo Review, etc.

If there is definitely no way to cancel at this point, look for an option to “Modify” your reservation. If you can, modify the ADR to a different day. Then, take a look at the new (modified) reservation. You should now see an option to cancel it.

If all else fails you can call Disney as early as 7:00am tomorrow morning (Orlando time) and kindly explain what happened. They'll cancel it for you and will most likely waive the fee.

Last edited:

Out of curiousity, is everyone listed on this dining reservation managed by you in your MDE account? Is there a chance that the person you named as “the lead” on this reservation has thier own MDE account?

I did this too. I called DIsney and the CM cancelled it for me without penalty. She said that it happens all the time when folks are making their ADR's. I was so darn excited to get my restaurant I booked it for the same day! She just fixed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter