Dining Reservation/Cancellation

KEW

Mouseketeer
Mainly wondering about restaurants in the theme parks, but citywalk restaurant advice welcome as well.

1) I can see how you can make reservations online on my laptop, but can you make a reservation through the Universal app? On the app I only see a phone number and when I click it it goes to the phone function for me to make a call.

2) Is there a penalty for cancelling or no shows? is there a grace period (15 min?)? What if the number in my party changes? For example, will they honor my reservation if it is off by 2 people?

I assume for counter-service restaurants the only option will be to get in the physical line (no reservations and no mobile ordering like Disney has).

I never made reservations at Uni. If I wanted to eat at Mythos I would though.

I assume for counter-service restaurants the only option will be to get in the physical line (no reservations and no mobile ordering like Disney has).

The only counter service at Disney that had reservations is BOG and that’s weird lol.

So no, no reservations at CS at Uni.

KEW, you can easiily make a reservation the morning of the day you plan to be at a specific eatery for later that day or evening.

If I have plans and including 6 others to eat with me, I just call and reserve in the morning

Most of the time it was never really needed in a regular season period for us.

For Mythos, Lombards in the park, i stop by the eatery in the morning and have my name put on the list for the afternoon

Not heard of any issues if peeps are no shows for a ressie.
If the party does not check in, they will wait a bit and then scratch that name off the list
No Shows happen.
Families get involved in the park or stay longer for rides and miss pre planned reservations.

Palms would be one place that reservations would be necessary or helpful

I did last year have a reservation for 2 in City Walk eatery and added 4 more to it when we arrived.
Had to wait additional time for all of us to be seated.

It is easier to keep the original dining reservation if your group number decreases rather than increases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter