Dining Plan Question

Mickey-4-Me

Grandmother, Mother, Wife
This upcoming vacation (August 21st - 28th w/ Free Dining) will be our family's (Me :surfweb: , DH ::cop: , DS11 :goofy: , DS05 :stitch: , and DS01 :mickeyjum ) first trip to WDW. As I understand it, we are 3A/1C. So, we have 21 A credits and 7 C credits.

The problem is we have more ADRs booked than we have credits for. So, we will have to pay OOP for some meals. Okay, no problem. But... I was wanting to choose which meals to pay OOP for and/or perhaps share a meal or two. I read a thread recently about all OOP or all DDP credits and another about no sharing.

Please help me with our ADRs. Are the character meals and Fantasmic meal all DDP credits or all OOP? Are there any meals that I can't share or pay OOP for while others use dining credits? I know there is no sharing on buffets or family style (except with my DS01 -- right?) But, what about other TS plated meals?

Dinner: Les Chef de France (Thinking about ordering from DDP for DH, Myself, and DS05. Wanted to order OOP for DS11 because he doesn't enjoy this type of food <especially not an appetizer, entree, and dessert>.)

Dinner: Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater (Wanted to share between DH and myself and perhaps share an A credit between DS11 and DS05. We plan on eating lunch about 3 hours before this meal at Toy Story Pizza Planet <a must for DS's> and I just don't think we will be very hungry)

Breakfast: 'Ohana w/ Lilo and Stitch
Dinner: Fantasmic Package at Hollywood and Vine
Dinner: Grand Floridian Cafe
Breakfast: The Crystal Palace
Dinner: Chef Mickey's
Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe
Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern

No thoughts regarding any of the other meals. Although, I thought I would pay OOP for DS05 at two of his less expensive meals and save those credits for his other meals that are more expensive.

Thanks in advance for any help given :goodvibes

I would say the easist thing to do would be to share and pay out of pocket at the same meal and at that meal, don't mention you are on the DDP.
What I would do is look at the menus and prices and use the DDP for the most expensive ones and pay out of pocket for the others.

Linda 441 said:
I would say the easist thing to do would be to share and pay out of pocket at the same meal and at that meal, don't mention you are on the DDP.
What I would do is look at the menus and prices and use the DDP for the most expensive ones and pay out of pocket for the others.

:thumbsup2 Honestly, that hasn't occurred to me. That makes perfect sense and would alleviate some stress. Thanks for your help.

Any other suggestions?

Are the character meals and Fantasmic meal all DDP credits or all OOP? I am asking because we have several character meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter