Dining at USO

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
Again, showing my USO greenie-ness here...do the table serve restaurants at USO require reservations or are they walk up? If you are staying onsite are there any advantages given when going to a restaurant, such as being given priority seating (ahead of those who aren't onsite) or being able to book reservations in advance?

I'm kind of digging the idea of not needing reservations and just being able to wing it.

Again, showing my USO greenie-ness here...do the table serve restaurants at USO require reservations or are they walk up? If you are staying onsite are there any advantages given when going to a restaurant, such as being given priority seating (ahead of those who aren't onsite) or being able to book reservations in advance?

I'm kind of digging the idea of not needing reservations and just being able to wing it.

This is a great thread to check out - lots of information here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...do-including-menus-updated-regularly.2681315/

Reservations are not generally necessary if you are flexible but if there is somewhere you really want to go, you might want to make a reservation but generally only a week or so out is necessary.

Guests staying at PBR, RPR & HRH get "priority seating" at select restaurants. You just walk up and show your key card. Most DISers report this cutting their wait time significantly.

Orlando Informer also hosts a good Universal Restaurant page: https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/dining-reservations/

I can give one tiny experience that we had Sunday night of Labor Day weekend.

We walked up to Cowfish at about 9:15 p.m. the parks had just closed at 9. We were told it was a 40 minute wait, when I showed my key card from PB that dropped to 30 minutes. The actual wait time ended up being 26 minutes.

So not too bad but not exactly walk in.

Thanks for the link and info! We are staying at CBBR so it seems we will wait with the masses but it's a fairly quiet time and it's just me and DH so we don't mind waiting.

You can totally wing it. Wait until meal time, then choose what you are in the mood for. This is a very different experience over the WDW planning. I have come to appreciate it.

I'm in Ga and having issues with connecting to the internet
Way behind in some of the threads to offer tips
Sorry

If you eat at off times, wait time is streamlined
Potter places has breakfast to 11 each day
Lunch menu begins at 10:30

I never have a line doing lunch at 10:45

Another time period where you avoid lunch crowds in the parks is about 1:45
And around 4.45 especially if park closes at 8:00

City walk is open to 2:00 am
Most eateries stop menu orders at midnight

If you want Toothsome, go before 5:30 for short waits

A few places have a fee for 9 pm
for dining
To avoid that order food before 9 pm
and you can stay free during entertainment period
Pat O'Brien and Bob Marley has the fee
City walk party pass covers those restaurants and rising star karaoke

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter