dining alone at Ohana

jeminni

It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Has anyone here ever dined alone at Ohana's? Making a solo trip in September and I'd really like to try it but not sure how it would be to be there alone. What's anyone's idea of some of the best table service places to eat at alone?
Thanks

yup, i did it earlier this month, it wasnt bad. the food is so good that you will forget you are alone. they gave me my own table, with all the food to myself. and they gave me a great seat overlooking MK, maybe cause i was solo? its a little strage because there are all families there, but it wasnt too bad.

I can't tell you anything about eating alone at Ohana's. Last time I was there was back in 1985 and it wasn't called that..I don't think.

But the reason I am posting is to ask...When in Sept? If it is Sept 3-10, I am traveling solo again and would be happy to meet you for a meal if you want company.

WDWR :earsgirl:

Thanks wdwr but I'll be there sept29-oct 4 , planiing on going to Ohana either Sept 30 or Oct1. Hope you have a great trip. :)

I did Ohana's solo in January and it was great. I had the same table that I had in the fall with my mother and sister (it was a three top) that faced the castle. My cousin made sure I had a great experience while I was there...he even sat down with me at one point. I will be down around the same time you are there and I plan on hitting Ohana's again.

'Ohana is great solo--there's always something going on; lots to watch. I love it there! :flower:

I ate solo at 'Ohana last month.

I had a great meal and enjoyed the whole experience. The worst part about dining solo is that it's over quicker than when you dine with a group.

The servers paid plenty of attention to me; I never had to ask for anything and they talked with me a bit and made sure I had plenty of shrimp, since that's my fave.

I'll be dining there solo in Oct, if my trip was a few days earlier, I could of joined you. Ohana, Boma, Fresh, Crystal Palace, CRT (lunch,) Akershus (lunch,) and 1900 Park Fare (breakfast,) are all ones I'm doing solo. Any opinions on these solo would be great. Since these are all character meals, and / or buffets. I'll also be dining at Jiko, Artist Point, LTT (lunch,) Kona, Le Cellier, and Brown Derby solo. :flower:

I have not, but I did see a couple of solo diners during our visit last Oct. There also were plenty of couples -- like dh and myself.

jeminni said:
Has anyone here ever dined alone at Ohana's? Making a solo trip in September and I'd really like to try it but not sure how it would be to be there alone. What's anyone's idea of some of the best table service places to eat at alone?
Thanks

Me and my sister are dining on Sunday the 25th of Sept. If you feel lonely and dont mind dining with 2 crazy folks who at 33 joined the Hula lessons in O'hana last April.. You're welcome to sit with us :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter