Digital scrapbook - but what about mementos?

OrangeBirdGirl

DIS Veteran
I've been traditional scrapbooking since 1998 and I took a break for about 3 years about 10 years ago. I think it's time for a break again.....

I really want to stay current, but just don't want to commit the time to traditional scrapbooking anymore. Even though I have a dedicated craft room, I still feel like in order to just do one layout I need at least a couple hour commitment (as I don't want to leave stuff laying out). Where with digital, I could just go onto the computer as I have a little time here and there and nothing to clean up.

I have done digital scrapbooks over the years for smaller things, such as a year in review album, family gatherings, weekend trip, etc. I did our weekend at D23 Expo as a 12x12 digital and it looks nice. But now I'm going to do an album for our trip to Germany all digital and see how that goes. I figured that will be a good test with an album I want to fit 350 pictures into. And, not have 20 pics crammed onto a page like you see with digital, I'd put the same number of pics per page like I would if it were traditional so the pictures stay a decent size to see.

But what about mementos? In my previous digital albums I've added a sleeve to the back of the album to store a few paper things. But now for the trip to Germany I have maps, a lot of different ticket stubs, fold out brochures from many attractions. When I'd do traditional, I'd just scrap the brochure right onto the page with photo corners so I could remove if I wanted to. I took pictures of some of the ticket stubs so I could use them just like a photo. I was thinking of making a note for which attraction so I could just photo corner in the brochures onto each page and have the space just a void when printed, but then I realized with the binding of a digital album, it won't give with the bulk.

DH's idea was for me to do a 12x12 traditional style album and put tabs in it. I'd have one section of Germany and I'd just have all the brochures, maps, orig ticket stubs, etc on the pages. I wouldn't do anything on the pages, just put adhesive onto them or photo corners. No journaling or embellishments, just a page header so I could easily see that it was Germany. Maybe if I found nice patterned paper, I'd do all the Germany memento pages onto the same patterned paper for uniformity. Then when I would add the next tab, do patterned paper that'd coordinate with that type.

My other thought was to get those plastic drawers and put in the closet and label each drawer mementos for a specific thing. But DH's rationale of the album for them is that they wouldn't just be sitting in a drawer and the album of mementos would be on the shelf with my other albums.

What is everyone else doing with this sort of stuff?

If I were doing digital, which I'm also dabbling in here and there, I would consider printing my digital layouts individually and slipping them into page protectors like a digital album allowing me to add my memorable on background paper in their own page protectors.

I have also thought about and seen other's how are better digital scrappers than myself, and they will scan their memorable in and then added it to the pages.

I have talked to others before and they will sometimes leave a measured open space to add tickets and such on their digital layouts after printed...

That's just a few of the ideas I have...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter