Difficulties Posting

figment_jii

DIS Veteran
This just started about 30 minutes ago, but I'm having problems posting. The little progress bars appear in the upper right corner, but it just cycles for a while and then disappear. The post does not post to the thread. Sometimes an error message appears saying I have to wait some number of seconds to perform the action (assuming it's the delay between posts), but it appears even when I haven't posted anything for a while (multiple minutes). Occasionally if I close my browser (Chrome), it fixes the problem, but within a post or two, the problem starts up again.

Getting it too, has caused me to have double posts here and there, happening on both the Mac and the iPad

Getting it too, has caused me to have double posts here and there, happening on both the Mac and the iPad

Wow, yeah, I just had a post replicate maybe 6 times when I tried to post it. I've actually had this problem off-and-on for a couple of hours now.

I'm having this same issue, too. It actually posted, but never came back to me as posted. I opened the forum on another tab, and there my reply was. (The second time).

Sayhello

I'm having this same issue, too. It actually posted, but never came back to me as posted. I opened the forum on another tab, and there my reply was.

Sayhello

I can't post at all (it just cycles, then goes back to where I'm writing my post, & never shows up). Also, very hard to get my cursor moved on ipad, or to select things for copying/cutting. Not a problem before the update.

I'm having the same problem. I have to go under more options and then hit reply to thread a couple of times.

Same issues here. Trying to post and I get the bar just cycling through.... I'm using Safari and Opera on MBP.

I wasn't seeing this at home yesterday, but I am seeing it today at work. I use Chrome on both computers.

Similar thing happened to me using IE on Windows 8.1. Went to post and got the window to login again. I did and it came back saying that my login was no good. Could not login again. Changed to Firefox which let me login. Went back to IE and now it let me login. Also, system would not let me change password. I used Forgot Password but never received an email. Original post I was trying to make never posted so I gave up.

I've been getting it too. You may have seen me repeat myself a few times today. :-)

I suspected it was due to you guys working on the system as we were using it. Like I pressed 'Post Reply' as you were doing an update.

I hope that's it. Most of the time it's zippy, but I have see a couple of glitches today.

I feel so stupid. I am having trouble initiating a post. Is there a place that asks if you want to start a thread?
I can respond. I want to like the new software but I'm a slow learner.

There is a "Post New Thread" button in 2 places -- near the top right just above the colored bar with Title, Start Date, Replies, Views and Last Message. And also at the bottom of the page on the right, across from the page numbers. Depending on which style you are using to view, it may be dark blue or some other bright color.

I feel so stupid. I am having trouble initiating a post. Is there a place that asks if you want to start a thread?
I can respond. I want to like the new software but I'm a slow learner.
some folks are reporting that they can't see it until they wave their cursor over it. i suspect that was a theme issue and may have been or will be resolved.
But if you don't see it try pointing up there and see.

It seems like things are going more smoothly for me today...I'm still using the same browser and computer, so I'm guessing that meant whatever was happening yesterday (to me at least) was part of the board migration. Hopefully things continue to run smoothly for the foreseeable future...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter