Different Views at Wilderness Lodge

Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
I would appreciate an explanation of the different views at Wilderness Lodge. I will be going at the end of October and reserved the Woods View -- not because I know what it is; just because it was the mid level.

So, what is the difference among Standard View, Woods View and Courtyard View? (The FAQ for WL is a gazillion pages long and I just couldn't plow through it.)

Thanks!

The standard view will give you a view of parking lots or service areas. A woods view is pretty much what it says it is...a view of the wooded area. Some of the woods views will give you a partial view towards the MK with the ability to see some of the fireworks at night. The courtyard view is generally a view of the main pool area, courtyard and lake, although a view of the quiet pool facing the Villa's is also considered a courtyard view.

First of all, you are going to LOVE the WL! It is one of my favorite WDW resorts.

The WL is 7 stories high. The 7th floor houses suites and conceirg level rooms. There are rooms around the lobby, these are the standard level rooms which look out at the parking lot, roof tops or service areas. Then there are 2 wings north and south, they have 6 floors. The rooms on the inner part of both wings are courtyard view, which looks a the themed pool and bay lake. The outside rooms are the woods view. North side woods view is trees, otter pond and some have a view of the MK. The south side rooms, have a view of trees, the WL villas and the WL quiet pool.

All rooms have a patio (1st floor) or balconies w/ 2 chairs. Note the top floor has dormer style balconies. Meaning you only get a view when you stand up.

Hope this helps!

I just got back from a trip to WDW and 4 of the nights were at WL in a woods view room. I had requested a room at the very end of the wing between the Jr Suites because I knew some of them had an extra window. Both of the end wings face the lake but one has trees in front of it. I got one of the rooms I requested with the view of the trees and the lake could be seen through the trees. I was on a lower floor with the "granite" balconies. My balconey was much more enclosed and you could not see much unless you stood. I really liked it though as the moss draped trees were very atmospheric and I could see boats on the water, the geyser ( if I leaned out the balconey), and little bits of the electrical water pagent. As for the extra window. It was there but covered by the drapes with no way to pull the draped back to expose it and bring in more light!!!

Thank you. It helps a lot. I think the Woods View sounds nice. The north wing sounds especially good. I truly appreciate your help. We've always stayed at POR or POFQ (which are wonderful), but the Fairytale package was enough to get us to a deluxe this time. I can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter