Different types of tickets, 2 days of park hoppers, 2 days basic, how to handle?

eyeblaura

Mouseketeer
So my family of four were given 2 day tickets with park hoppers after some issues with our last trip. We are thinking of taking a short trip in April. DH is attending a conference and will only do a couple days of parks. Girls and I will spend 1 or 2 more days in parks that I need to purchase. I'll just purchase base tickets without hoppers. If I purchase these before hand and they are all linked to MDE can I specify which ticket to use at the gate, ie park hopper or base? Would it be easier to just purchase tickets at the gate for the days we don't park hop and not link those tickets?

So my family of four were given 2 day tickets with park hoppers after some issues with our last trip. We are thinking of taking a short trip in April. DH is attending a conference and will only do a couple days of parks. Girls and I will spend 1 or 2 more days in parks that I need to purchase. I'll just purchase base tickets without hoppers. If I purchase these before hand and they are all linked to MDE can I specify which ticket to use at the gate, ie park hopper or base? Would it be easier to just purchase tickets at the gate for the days we don't park hop and not link those tickets?

Do you know if the tickets you have are eligible to be extended? That would be my choice, but you can't do that until you get there.

If you wait and purchase at the gate for the days you don't want to hop, you can't make FP+ for those days. If that is okay with you, then for simplicity sake, I would wait, but you may still have to prioritize for that day or not use your magic bands for that day and just use the tickets.

If there is a way to plan it so all your park hopper days are together and all your basic days are together, then I'd buy before hand and just prioritize the tickets that need to be used first.

Do you know if the tickets you have are eligible to be extended? That would be my choice, but you can't do that until you get there.

If you wait and purchase at the gate for the days you don't want to hop, you can't make FP+ for those days. If that is okay with you, then for simplicity sake, I would wait, but you may still have to prioritize for that day or not use your magic bands for that day and just use the tickets.

If there is a way to plan it so all your park hopper days are together and all your basic days are together, then I'd buy before hand and just prioritize the tickets that need to be used first.

I didn't even think about extending the tickets, that's a good thought. The fast pass issue is definitely one I have considered, if I don't purchase ahead of time. We are looking at the 4/12-16 traditionally not the busiest time of April but FP are always nice to have. I think you're right though. Planning hopper days vs not and prioritizing or extending will probably be the easiest. Honestly we will probably only hop one day anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter