Difference of RCI and DCL

Grammy4Lizzy

DIS Veteran
I have been on 8 DCL cruises, 3 Carnival, 1 Celebrity and we are going on the Oasis in September. Please tell me the differences. I don't understand the Labradee port.
My DH uses a scooter to get around. We probably won't get off the ship. But I would like to know if it is even possible at Labradee. We were looking into a cabana and it looks like all are for a different class than we are. Maybe one of those beds.
Thanks for the help.

I have been on 8 DCL cruises, 3 Carnival, 1 Celebrity and we are going on the Oasis in September. Please tell me the differences. I don't understand the Labradee port.
My DH uses a scooter to get around. We probably won't get off the ship. But I would like to know if it is even possible at Labradee. We were looking into a cabana and it looks like all are for a different class than we are. Maybe one of those beds.
Thanks for the help.
Labadee is like Castaway Cay. You dock at the island and there are paved roadways for a scooter. There are several different beach areas on the "island", and you get a free lunch just like on DCL.
Denise

There is a cabana area for suite guests only, and there is another cabana area open to anyone to rent. Besides the cabanas, there are the beds, which are a flat, padded platform with a bit of cover, clamshells, which are the round tent things that fit over two lounge chairs, and now bungalows, which are kind of a cross between a cabana and a bed. They are open on two or three sides (can't remember) and have a padded couch for seating and lounge chairs in front. The beds and clamshells are on the rockier beach, and the bungalows are on Columbus cove, which is calmer and has softer sand.

When I check my cruise planner it lists Nellie's Beach at $395 and the smaller bungalow on Columbus Cove at $250. Both of those are open to all guests.

Also, all the things to do (water park, water slide, etc) are an extra fee. So not everything is included like at Castaway Cay. There also are excursions you can do from Labadee for a fee.

Also, all the things to do (water park, water slide, etc) are an extra fee. So not everything is included like at Castaway Cay. There also are excursions you can do from Labadee for a fee.

Lots of stuff on Castaway Cay is not included: bike rentals, snorkel equipment rentals, boat rentals, shore excursions, specialty drinks, cabanas, etc. Our family finds Castaway Cay pretty boring, since we're not big lay on the beach people, and think there is a lot more to do on Labadee.

OP, if you're looking to relax for a short time you will, in my opinion, find Labadee to be just as suitable as Castaway Cay.

Lots of stuff on Castaway Cay is not included: bike rentals, snorkel equipment rentals, boat rentals, shore excursions, specialty drinks, cabanas, etc. Our family finds Castaway Cay pretty boring, since we're not big lay on the beach people, and think there is a lot more to do on Labadee.

OP, if you're looking to relax for a short time you will, in my opinion, find Labadee to be just as suitable as Castaway Cay.

This is good to know. I was wondering how Labadee compares to Castaway Cay. We am hoping to rent a cabana and enjoy the suite beach as much as we enjoyed Serenity Bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!