Didn't receive resort charges email?

K9pal

<font color=green>Just call me Miss Patient!
Just back from a split stay at two different resorts - didn't receive our resort charges by email from either resort even though I confirmed our email address. Anyone else have trouble?

The last couple of times they have failed to email it to me. You can get it by either calling Disney Research and Billing Team at 407-828-5630
or you can email guest.services.billing@disneyworld.com.
Include as much info as you have: for example, your name, resort, room #, your travel plan #, your dates, etc. Also provide your email so they can send it.
When I emailed, I got an answer the next business day.

Also, they usually wait for 3-4 days after your stay before sending it to allow any straggling charges to come in from the parks or Disney Springs. If it has been 7 days or more, I would use the channels in the first paragraph.

Am I correct in assuming that you charged things to your room? We never get such an email, because we never charge anything to our room. When we charge, we charge directly to the credit card. Is there an advantage to charging to your room? We don't do it because we kind of like not getting any charges on check-out. But boy, when that next credit card bill comes!

Is there an advantage to charging to your room? We don't do it because we kind of like not getting any charges on check-out. But boy, when that next credit card bill comes!
If you use a rewards CC, there may be an advantage depending on what percentage of rewards are offered.

For example: my Costco Citi Visa gives 3% for travel (which room charges would fall under) and dining, but only 1% on all others (except gas which is 4%). If I charged merchandise directly to the CC, it would only be 1% rewards. If I room charged those same purchases, it would be 3% rewards.

Am I correct in assuming that you charged things to your room? We never get such an email, because we never charge anything to our room. When we charge, we charge directly to the credit card. Is there an advantage to charging to your room? We don't do it because we kind of like not getting any charges on check-out. But boy, when that next credit card bill comes!
Same here as for @erionm. I have a rewards card that gives me 5.1% cash back for travel, so when I charge all meals, souvenirs, etc. to my room, it all counts as travel.

Yes, we charge to the room via Magic Bands, which I like for the convenience. Still goes to our credit card, which is a rewards card.

Here's another reason I charge to the room instead of directly to my credit card.

At the time I go (usually mid-to-late November or early December), Disney typically has a gift card offer that includes a free trading pin. The most recent offers were for $75 gift cards, and there were 4 different card designs with 4 different matching holiday character trading pins - Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy.

I buy enough of the cards to pay off my Disney hotel bill (meals and souvenirs) and end up with a bunch of free pins. Great trading stock or even stocking stuffers.

If you plan to do this, make sure you pay off your hotel bill the evening before checkout (or earlier) so your credit card doesn't get charged before you have a chance to use your gift cards.

Here's another reason I charge to the room instead of directly to my credit card.

At the time I go (usually mid-to-late November or early December), Disney typically has a gift card offer that includes a free trading pin. The most recent offers were for $75 gift cards, and there were 4 different card designs with 4 different matching holiday character trading pins - Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy.

I buy enough of the cards to pay off my Disney hotel bill (meals and souvenirs) and end up with a bunch of free pins. Great trading stock or even stocking stuffers.

If you plan to do this, make sure you pay off your hotel bill the evening before checkout (or earlier) so your credit card doesn't get charged before you have a chance to use your gift cards.

Good idea, but just a reminder that Disney gift cards cannot be charged to your MB, they have to be charged to a credit card.

I prefer to charge to my room using the Magic Band to avoid handing my credit card to random cast members, particularly at restaurants where they may take the card to a remote cash register to complete the transaction. Everything then shows up on my room statement and I can choose to charge it to the credit card on file (for the rewards, typically) or settle the bill with cash. I will use the CC directly if I must to qualify for a Disney Visa discount at one of the shops, but recently the AP discount has been the same as the DV discount so I use that instead.

I prefer to charge to my room using the Magic Band to avoid handing my credit card to random cast members, particularly at restaurants where they may take the card to a remote cash register to complete the transaction.

Very good point! You reminded me of one time when DH gave the CM his credit card for the bill, and she didn't return the credit card to him. He had to get the restaurant manager involved and finally they "found it in the back". A little unsettling feeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter