Did your waitlist come through?

There seems to be a fairly consistent pattern to peoples posts - it mostly seems like waitlists come through when they are limited to 1-3 days. I haven't seen a post yet here (admittedly a small sample size) that claims they got a full week on the waitlist. I am tempted to start a thread "What is the longest waitlist you've ever successfully gotten." Be curious to see what the answer is.

I had a 4 day 2 bedroom at Beach Club come through for the first week of June

I had a waitlist come through for a week at the Poly (Sun-Sat) for the last week of June this year, and I had only waitlisted maybe 3-4 months in advance. I didn't expect it to come through so I was absolutely thrilled! And now Poly has become one of our favorites.

I have a waitlist for Poly 9/15-9/18. There’s been a lot of movement lately as we’re getting close to that 31 day mark. I was able to switch from a 1 bedroom at CCV to BWV for those dates yesterday. Haven’t stayed at CCV or BWV yet, have stayed at Poly. Hoping for Poly because it’ll probably be our last studio stay and we love the resort.

Moved our entire vacation up upon news of adding to our family. Not one, but two! That’s what I get for agreeing to a 3rd, God goes and throws us this curve ball.

I made someone very happy releasing a 5 night October 2 bedroom value at AKV and a 1 bedroom 3 night standard at BWV.

I have a waitlist for Poly 9/15-9/18. There’s been a lot of movement lately as we’re getting close to that 31 day mark. I was able to switch from a 1 bedroom at CCV to BWV for those dates yesterday. Haven’t stayed at CCV or BWV yet, have stayed at Poly. Hoping for Poly because it’ll probably be our last studio stay and we love the resort.

Moved our entire vacation up upon news of adding to our family. Not one, but two! That’s what I get for agreeing to a 3rd, God goes and throws us this curve ball.

I made someone very happy releasing a 5 night October 2 bedroom value at AKV and a 1 bedroom 3 night standard at BWV.

Congratulations and welcome to the world of the 2-bedroom. (Or you could still do two adjoining studios at the Poly assuming a few are older.

We just had our first waitlist experience. We were booked into OKW for the last week of August, but thought we’d like to try the Poly. Three days out of the week was available, and we’d have happily stayed at OKW, but thought we’d give waitlisting a try. The waitlist came through in under a week, which was a big surprise! By the way, this was only last week that we did this, so we really didn’t think it’d happen that close to the trip.

We are heading out for Marathon Weekend Jan 11th to the 19th. When I booked Poly was not available for the night of the 11th so I booked OKW the 11th to the 15th and Poly Lake view studio the 15th to the 19th with a waitlist put in for the poly for both standard and Lake view studios. As of two Days ago the waitlist came through and now we are saying at the Poly Lake view the whole trip. Pretty excited to finally stay at a Monorail Resort

Our waitlist for 4 nights in January for a CCV studio with walk-in shower came through today. However, since DVD is still in process of declaring additional units at CCV, it’s not really an accurate reflection of how difficult or easy it will be to book there when it’s sold out.

Our waitlist just came through at BWV for a studio for Dec 30 - Jan 3. We have had good luck waitlisting and have had most of our waitlist come through.

WOW! That is awesome! 4 of the busiest nights of the entire year at WDW! Good job! :thumbsup2

In 25 years of ownership, and many, many waitlists, the majority of my w/l have come through as well. :goodvibes

I just canceled a reservation at GFV for Thanksgiving weekend, so someones WL just came through, lol.

In 2010 we waitlisted a 2br at HHI for the last week in June. I called right on the 7 month date-it came through the next day. I’m hoping to do the same thing this year but I know how hard it is to get HHI during the summer. We’d love to bring my daughter and her family but if it doesn’t work out I’ll reserve a 1br in September for my just my husband and I. (She and her husband are teachers-I’m retired! No more school schedule for me!)

I waitlisted one night last year, the Thursday before Thanksgiving week. It was for BW view 2br and it never came through. This year I am still waiting for that same room for one night, Dec. 14th and I also think this won't come through (I have blt booked for that night though).

I have a trip to AUL in a week. After I booked the reservation (7 months 1 Bed OV) I needed two additional nights (1 at the beginning & 1 at the end) because the fares on the flights I could get were much lower for staying 2 extra days. I booked a Studio for the first night and waitlisted a 1 bed OV which came thru. I had planned to spend the last night in at Volcano house on the big island but when the park closed I waitlisted the last night and it also came thru. So at this point I'm batting 1000 but I think single nights have a much higher likelihood of being filled.

I can finally join this club!!! I had a 2-bedroom Savanna view booked at Kidani for nights 1-3 in January. Night 4 was in a standard view 2-bedroom because the savanna view wasn’t available. I had to WL the 4th night. It’s been almost 3 weeks, but it came through!!! I was very impatient about this one (checking all the time, paying for the alerts, etc.), but I’m very happy it worked out!

FYI, it never showed on the RAT as available, so the system really did pull it for the WL.

I just had a wait list fill. We decided to try to do the RunDisney 5k in April. It was kinda last minute (at least in the realm of DVC). We are still in the 11 month window, but I wanted a studio at BCV. The only night available when I decided was Saturday night. I booked it and waitlisted Thursday and Friday (2 nights together). I picked up Thursday on my own and changed my waitlist to just the Friday night. That just came through yesterday.

I haven't had the greatest luck with the waitlist.

We decided only a couple of months ago to go to Disney for October. I pieced together a 6 night stay split (by choice) between BCV & BLT by staking the website. I had multiple single day waitlists set up for the best chance to catch rooms as people canceled them. Not one waitlist came in. Every night was added by stalking the website despite several perfectly matching my waitlist in size and category. I was able to get the last needed room this morning.

Now my husband tells me he wants to go to Bermuda instead that long weekend, but that's for a whole other thread.:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter