Did anyone stop at Disneyland or ??? on way to/from Aulani?

scottmel

<font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina
We did Adventures By Disney Backstage Magic a few years ago and fell in love with DL. Being WDW people for tons of years it was a nice change! last summer we returned and found it just as charming. This up and coming July 2018 we are headed to Aulani for the first time.

Since we fly in from the east coast seems SO tempting and easy to stop in Disneyland AGAIN. We have 9 nights planned in Hawaii and thinking 3 nights in Disneyland.

Anyone do this before? Easy enough? Would you stop somewhere ELSE instead?

Hi Melissa! Consider San Francisco or Seattle as well. Both are great cities. But, as we've talked before, Aulani is very different from DL/DCA. Since you're really a Disney lover it would be hard to pass up another visit to the left coast park.

Following!

We are going to Auluni July 22, 2018. I am considering staying a week at Disneyland first. I would love to know people's tips and advice.

I went to Aulani for the first time this summer. I flew to LA, went to Disneyland for 2 days, and spent 3 days at the D23 Expo (5 days total). We did this before we flew from LA to Oahu. It definitely helped with adjusting to the time change.

Like OKW said, San Francisco is a great option for a Disney fan. That is because the Walt Disney Family Museum is there. Even if I have never been there, I have heard that it is amazing!

if you are curious, you can fly to San Francisco for a day and go to the museum. Then on the way back, you can stop at Disneyland for a couple days.

If there is anything I thought was rough about this trip, that is we went from Oahu to our city in the central time zone all in one day. I was not the same for a couple days since we jumped 5 time zones.

Following!

We are going to Auluni July 22, 2018. I am considering staying a week at Disneyland first. I would love to know people's tips and advice.
As someone who grew up around Disneyland, I'll be honest and say that I don't know if you need a week at Disneyland. Disneyland is not Walt Disney World where a week is usually the recommended trip length for WDW, because you have a better chance of seeing most of what you want to in that time. For Disneyland, I would spend 3 or 4 days. I've been able to finish both parks in 2 days before, but that was me going non-stop. That's why I recommend 3 days. That gives you a chance to experience every ride, see every nighttime show/parade, and experience anything you want for a 2nd time. Either way, you will have fun since Disneyland is by far my favorite Disney Theme Park.

We have done the stop at Disneyland coming back from Hawaii and @AMusicLifeForMe is spot on as far as it helping with the time change.

What I liked about doing it that way is it really helped with the sadness I feel leaving Hawaii. I had something else to look forward to and it also breaks up how long you are in the air.

We are going to Hawaii for the first time in November and we're stopping over to visit DL for 2 days on the way there. We decided for this instead of on the way back because we figured that our DL days would be go-go-go and then we can have a nice relaxing Hawaiian vacation afterward :) But of course, stopping on the way back would help with the time change. It's supposed to be worst going from west to east.

Hi Melissa! Consider San Francisco or Seattle as well. Both are great cities. But, as we've talked before, Aulani is very different from DL/DCA. Since you're really a Disney lover it would be hard to pass up another visit to the left coast park.

THanks Jeff!! It is hard to pass up....San Fran and Seattle seem to overwhelming to tackle....Disneyland feels like a comfortable old shoe...I just need to find airfare that makes sense. I am guessing it is booking separate flights? One to SNA or LAX via Southwest then HA to Honolulu....Not pretty...

We have done the stop at Disneyland coming back from Hawaii and @AMusicLifeForMe is spot on as far as it helping with the time change.

What I liked about doing it that way is it really helped with the sadness I feel leaving Hawaii. I had something else to look forward to and it also breaks up how long you are in the air.

Funny you said that is what my husband is saying as well. He says save the best for last! As you can see he is going into Aulani with a fake smile plastered on his face...BUT I know he will enjoy. I am booking DL both ways on both ends and then once the airfare gets closer see how it plays out on getting best flight deal and see which end we do first. I feel you on the sadness part....

As someone who grew up around Disneyland, I'll be honest and say that I don't know if you need a week at Disneyland. Disneyland is not Walt Disney World where a week is usually the recommended trip length for WDW, because you have a better chance of seeing most of what you want to in that time. For Disneyland, I would spend 3 or 4 days. I've been able to finish both parks in 2 days before, but that was me going non-stop. That's why I recommend 3 days. That gives you a chance to experience every ride, see every nighttime show/parade, and experience anything you want for a 2nd time. Either way, you will have fun since Disneyland is by far my favorite Disney Theme Park.

Agreed. Last summer as a surprise for DH I hired a plaid for the day for us. We did the entire park , both of them, with ease in 8 hours. Under normal circumstances 2 days is plenty. The first time we ever went was with Adventures By Disney and they gave us a 4th day free to use at the parks, we did not even go. Instead we drove to Laguna Beach etc. Honestly 2 days is fine 3 if you are slow and don't like to get up early but a week...I can't imagine that long would be necessary unless you did day trip to LA etc.

Funny you said that is what my husband is saying as well. He says save the best for last! As you can see he is going into Aulani with a fake smile plastered on his face...BUT I know he will enjoy. I am booking DL both ways on both ends and then once the airfare gets closer see how it plays out on getting best flight deal and see which end we do first. I feel you on the sadness part....

@scottmel I'll bet he ends up loving it!

Two Summers ago we stopped at DL for 4 days (flying from the East Coast) before continuing for 2 weeks at Aulani. We wanted the relaxation after the hustle of DL. We stayed onsite (though offsite could be really close too) to take advantage of early entry for Disney guests.

We stopped at DL for 4 days in July 2014 on our way to Hawaii. We also are from the east coast and this really helped with our jet lag. My husband still talks about how great it was when our DL vacation was over we still had a whole 'nother vaction to look forward to.

:beach:

We are planning on stopping at Disneyland on the way back from Aulani next month. We find the flight back to be much worse then there with jet lag. We also hate overnight flights and it's basically impossible to get all the way from Hawaii to the east coast in one shot without them.

San Fran and Seattle seem to overwhelming to tackle
True. There is so much you could see/do in both places that you could be stressed out just deciding on that. Perhaps save those cities for their own, separate visit?

True. There is so much you could see/do in both places that you could be stressed out just deciding on that. Perhaps save those cities for their own, separate visit?

you know me well, Jeff. I need to stick with familiar territory!!!

My husband and I are doing this next week!! We leave Thursday morning from PA and are doing Disneyland for 3 days before heading to Aulani for 7 days! It's our first time to either and I cannot wait!! I choose to do Disneyland first because whenever we go to WDW we're constantly on the go. I figured if we spend the first couple of days running around the parks like crazy people then we have a whole week at Aulani to relax :) I'm thinking it'll be the first Disney vacation where I come not not totally exhausted ahaha

My husband and I are doing this next week!! We leave Thursday morning from PA and are doing Disneyland for 3 days before heading to Aulani for 7 days! It's our first time to either and I cannot wait!! I choose to do Disneyland first because whenever we go to WDW we're constantly on the go. I figured if we spend the first couple of days running around the parks like crazy people then we have a whole week at Aulani to relax :) I'm thinking it'll be the first Disney vacation where I come not not totally exhausted ahaha

I'm from PA too. How Are u flying and how long until u be oiled airfare?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!