Did anyone combine the cruise with their DVC trip?

Cinderella

DIS Veteran
Did any of you combine the cruise with your DVC trip? Thinking of doing the Disney Cruise, but i read somewhere that the three day one was too short. Problem is that i would use two lots of weekend points at the resort if i chose the four night cruise. Did anyone do this, and which way was better - four night cruise and use the two lots of weekend points, or three night cruise using less points for the resort at the weekend? If so, was the three night cruise long enough?

We are doing the 3 day because of the weekend points we are going a Sun-thurs then the cruise then back for another Sun-Thurs after the cruise. We have never been on a cruise and I really don't care to go but it is a large family trip so I will participate there will be 21 of us going in Dec 06 and I can't wait to get everyone down there again.

:scratchin I would love to know more about this as well!...Great point about the points and the 3 day vs 4 day THAT didn't occur to me until now!

Heather

I have never done this but I plan to do exactly this in May 2007. I wish those 2007 rates would come out. I thought this would be the best of both worlds. But if it is too short you will just have to come back for a 7 day the next time. :flower:

Just my opinion, but I do feel a 3 day cruise is too short. We did it with a combo of 7 days in Disney. We also did the 4 night with, I think it was 4 nights in Disney. This was better. My favorite was the 7 night cruise with 3 days before at Disney. Nothing beats a 7 night cruise. It gives you the time to really experience and enjoy the ship. If points are an issue, I'd eliminate the days at Disney altogether and just take the 7 night cruise.

This December 22 cruise exactly fit the bill for DVCers. It is a 4 night cruise that leaves on Thursday, Dec 22. And the cruise is actually less expensive than staying at a 1 BR DVC resort during the Christmas season. We're on it!

We do a DVC stay, a 7 night cruise, then back to WDW for another DVC stay. We went on the 3-day, but thought it was just a tease! ;) Too short, and we didn't want to get off the ship! :boat:

We have done this three times - after each 7 night cruise we have added a three/four night stay with our DVC points. Twice in WDW and one in DL, CA.

This is what i'm planning to do in Aug next year so also interested in any info.
. 4 nights at OKW( renting points) 3 night cruise and then 2 night at AKL(booked direct) it does mean the acc cost are less by staying sun- thur and its cheaper(for me renting points ) to book AKL direct than to rent points. Would love to hear others views. Best wishes Ruth

We pay cash for the cruise as the points for it are to much IMHO especially for 21 people.

We did a 7-night cruise, on cash (it's a better value than points) and used points for a pre-cruise stay at WDW. This gave us more points for our stay, and the cruise is pretty inexpensive if you pick a lower category cabin, and go in value season.

Some pesky family health issues have emerged, but assumming the status quo holds:goodvibes ...we're doing our 1st visit as DVC'ers & 1st DVC 3 night cruise. We're already burning points for a Saturday stay; but couldn't have DS miss too much school.

Despite the week-end point issue, I'm afraid I might get sea sick...figure 3 days hanging over the railing would be better than 4...

CharlesTD said:
We are doing the 3 day because of the weekend points we are going a Sun-thurs then the cruise then back for another Sun-Thurs after the cruise. We have never been on a cruise and I really don't care to go but it is a large family trip so I will participate there will be 21 of us going in Dec 06 and I can't wait to get everyone down there again.

Excellent idea! :sunny:

I highly recommend the 4 night cruise over the 3 night cruise. On 4 nights you can experience each of the rotating resteraunts plus have one night for Palo. It also gives you one full day at sea (which, next to castaway cay, is the best day on the whole cruise). This past year we did 3 nights and I was really wishin' for the 4th!

We doing a 4 day cruise on cash this March. "Burning" tons of points by staying Fri-Sat at VWL, and then Thrs - Sun at BWV with a Boardwalk view. This trip will have three "first" for us - first cruise, first VWL stay, and first Boardwalk view.

Thanks everyone - booked the 4 night stay with 6 nights SSR after cruise. But can't get the 3 nts pre cruise either thru dvc or CRO for any resort. Something will turn up no doubt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter