Deni's goal: 50 by 50

FLDeni

Earning My Ears
Hi, my name is Deni (short for Denise).

I found this forum while looking for info on celebrating my 50th birthday later this year, at Disney. :bday:

This is a great idea for support.

I have some health concerns and really want to drop some weight before something else happens.

In 2007, at the age of 46, I shocked my doctor by having to have quintiple by-pass surgery. I had no common symptoms. Just gas.

I saw the doctor regularly, had passed a stress test a few years prior. Blood work was fine. Because of my mom's heart problems we were proactive in my health care.

Fortunately, he decided because of my mother's medical history to send me to a cardiologist. He in turn sent me to the hospital for a blood test. Next thing I know I am told I needed a triple by-pass. Once inside they found two more smaller blockages. Everything went well and I am fine now.

I was very lucky, they found all of this without me having a heart attack. My doctor has told me since then that I was headed for a heart attack that I most likely would not have survived.

After the surgery I lost quite a bit of weight, but I have recently put on so much weight I am actually 22 lbs heavier than when I had surgery.

I started eating out more often when my mom's health took a downward turn. We almost lost her twice in a month. She is fine now, but I have not gotten back into the swing of our normal life. Thus the weight gain.

This in turn has raised my blood pressure and surgar levels.

My husband and I have decided to start Nurtisystem. I am placing the order tonight.

I noticed several people on this forum use the Wii. I also use wii and just purchased the new version.

Maybe keeping a journal will make me more accountable. It's worth trying. I really don't want to end up in my mother's health condition.

So here goes.

My goals for the first week:

Order Nutri System
Work out on wii every day
Eat at home at least 4 dinners this week
Buying food and bringing it home will not be counted as an eat at home dinner :goodvibes

Any tips or suggestion are welcome

I turn 50 in November, so I have time to do this

look forward to seeing you all online:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter