"Deluxe" rooms--where are they??

Julia H.

Earning My Ears
I found on Disney's site a type of room that would work perfectly for our family of 5 (3 teens, 2 adults). It's a Deluxe room at WL w/2 queens in the bedroom and a sofa bed and wet bar in the living rm. Problem is we want to stay at Poly, GF, BWI, BC, or YC because our DDs are in wheelchairs and from these resorts we only have to use the bus for some parks, not all (monorail and walking are so much easier than the bus w/lift!) Do any of these resorts have the Deluxe room, and, if so, do you know how much it costs? The villas at BC and BW won't work because it would take a 2-bedroom unit for 5 of us, which would be more than our budget would allow. For now, I have a room at the Poly, but I'm afraid the day bed is going to be pretty small for our DS who's 6 ft/1 in. Thanks!

Our DD uses a walker at home most of the time but a chair at WDW so I know what you mean about the monorail vs. buses. We love the poly for our family of 5 but our DD is only 5' and she gets the daybed when we're all there. It is as big as a twin bed though so if your son is comfortable in a twin he'll be fine. The parking is so convenient there too if you'll have a car. And as you probably know it is a very short walk from Rapa Nuie (less than 5 minutes) to the Epcot monorail at the TTC. I believe most of the accessible rooms are in that building. Other than one short stay in Hawaii we've been in Rapa Nuie for many years now when we're at the Poly. The rooms are very large, too. We have no problem with the walker, wheelchair and 5 people in the room. We have also stayed at the GF. It was beautiful and we will return but parking is not as convenient and you can not walk to the Epcot monorail or the ferry to MK. Never stayed at BWI but I believe the regular rooms are smaller. We have stayed at the BC and the rooms are quite a bit smaller than the Poly or GF. It makes a big difference with a chair(s).

You might also check into renting DVC points for a 2 bedroom villa. We have not done that but people seem to get very good deals doing that ...much cheaper than rack rates from Disney. There's a Disboard just for that if you scroll down the boards.

The Contemporary rooms all also hold 5 comfortably - the day bed is about the size of a regular twin bed. My DD, 13, was very comfortable using it, but she is only about 5'3". I know they have handicapped accessible rooms - we stayed in one in the North Garden Wing -Rm 7188, it did have a wide door bathroom and bars for the toilet - but tub with grab bars instead of a roll in shower. I don't know if you need the roll in shower, but I am sure that there are rooms with them available. A quick elevator ride up and you are ready to board the monorail right inside the main building!

You may want to check on the DISabilities board for more detailed info on good easily accessible rooms.

Good Luck and have a great vacation!

Thanks for the replies! I didn't realize the daybeds at Contemp & Poly were a "full" twin size. Sounds like it may work out at the Poly after all. Hope so--it really is our favorite resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter