"Deluxe Rooms" at WL and BWI--have you stayed with a party of 6?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
Both of these room types have 2 Queen beds plus a pull out sofa. Both are club level access.
I prefer the location of BWI, but from looking at the floorplans, it seems the WL Deluxe room is more like a 1 bedroom suite, whereas the BWI is just one large room. I was thinking if Dh and I could sleep on the sofa bed in the WL one, we'd actually have a bit of privacy.

Our party would be me, Dh, and our 4 sons who would range from 11-17 at the time.

Has anyone here stayed in one of these rooms as a party of 6? Thanks!

be aware that's a party of 6 adults. a lot of rooms only allow 5 adults or kids w 1 infant......honestly 2 rooms would work best. 2 bathrooms and 4 beds. I know most teenage boys wont sleep together so figure that in...

Both of these room types have 2 Queen beds plus a pull out sofa. Both are club level access.
I prefer the location of BWI, but from looking at the floorplans, it seems the WL Deluxe room is more like a 1 bedroom suite, whereas the BWI is just one large room. I was thinking if Dh and I could sleep on the sofa bed in the WL one, we'd actually have a bit of privacy.

Our party would be me, Dh, and our 4 sons who would range from 11-17 at the time.

Has anyone here stayed in one of these rooms as a party of 6? Thanks!

Both of those particular room categories accommodate 6, so that's not an issue.

I stayed in a WL Deluxe Room back in November, there were four of us (two adults, two kids). My wife stayed in a BWI Deluxe Room back in Feb.

Yes, you are right - the WL Deluxe Room is a bit more like a 1BR in its configuraton. The BWI Deluxe Room is just a longer standard room.

I will caution that for me, the floor plans for the WL Deluxe Room make it look larger than it really is. While it may sort of be like a 1BR, I would not use the word "privacy" at all, although you can close the doors between the two rooms. The rooms are, cozy, to say the least. The WL furniture is relatively large, bulky, and takes up a lot of space. We felt cramped with just the four of us! That being said, it's still the largest room you can get without going down another path like a suite or Villa.

Here are some pics of the WL Deluxe Room. Happy to answer any questions!

IMG_0889.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

be aware that's a party of 6 adults. a lot of rooms only allow 5 adults or kids w 1 infant......honestly 2 rooms would work best. 2 bathrooms and 4 beds. I know most teenage boys wont sleep together so figure that in...
I'm pretty sure that even though they are adults at age ten for ticket and meal prices, for the hotels they are still children until age 18--just like they wouldn't allow two ten year olds to be alone in a room, they would need someone over 18. :)

Last edited:
We did our family of five at BWI and our kids were younger than yours at the time and I thought it was too crowded for my taste!

Both of those particular room categories accommodate 6, so that's not an issue.

I stayed in a WL Deluxe Room back in November, there were four of us (two adults, two kids). My wife stayed in a BWI Deluxe Room back in Feb.

Yes, you are right - the WL Deluxe Room is a bit more like a 1BR in its configuraton. The BWI Deluxe Room is just a longer standard room.

I will caution that for me, the floor plans for the WL Deluxe Room make it look larger than it really is. While it may sort of be like a 1BR, I would not use the word "privacy" at all, although you can close the doors between the two rooms. The rooms are, cozy, to say the least. The WL furniture is relatively large, bulky, and takes up a lot of space. We felt cramped with just the four of us! That being said, it's still the largest room you can get without going down another path like a suite or Villa.

Thank you for the photos! I can see that drawer space would be limited in either room, but especially in the WL one...definitely something to consider.

Thank you for the photos! I can see that drawer space would be limited in either room, but especially in the WL one...definitely something to consider.

:thumbsup2 There are definitely some pros/cons of each I guess. I really enjoyed CL at WL, for what that is worth. They recently renovated the lounge and it's a wonderful space. The food/beverage offerings are my favorite of any recent CL trip. The Deluxe Rooms are a bit of a hike from the lounge, but that's the only minor nit.

My wife really liked BWI CL and said the food was fantastic. Her room was also a bit of a hike to the lounge, until she found a 'secret staircase' that made getting around much easier.

Again, happy to help if I can answer any questions! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 There are definitely some pros/cons of each I guess. I really enjoyed CL at WL, for what that is worth. They recently renovated the lounge and it's a wonderful space. The food/beverage offerings are my favorite of any recent CL trip. The Deluxe Rooms are a bit of a hike from the lounge, but that's the only minor nit.

My wife really liked BWI CL and said the food was fantastic. Her room was also a bit of a hike to the lounge, until she found a 'secret staircase' that made getting around much easier.

Again, happy to help if I can answer any questions! :goodvibes
Thanks! Dh and I stayed in one of the garden suites at BWI last January, so we got used to the long trek to the lounge. It didn't bother us--maybe it helped us work off some of the calories? ;)
I've never stayed CL at WL though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter