Deluxe Dining Plan

crazykids

Mouseketeer
Hello,
We are visiting in August this year and are using the Deluxe Dining Plan. In the past, we have always been allowed to purchase an adult meal for a child or use some of our credits to treat other people that join us for dinner. Is this still allowed? I vaguely remember reading on the Disney website a while back that this was ok for 2017 DxDP, but I know Disney does make a lot of changes If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it Thank you!!

In general, you should not expect to be able to buy an adult meal for someone under 10 using DxDP credits. Some places may let you do it, but I wouldn't count on it.

You are definitely allowed to use credits to buy meals for other people, though.

We did this in November with no problem. My 8 year old was able to order adults meals everywhere we ate, including appetizers. We were also able to use our credits for other family members with us.

Hello,
We are visiting in August this year and are using the Deluxe Dining Plan. In the past, we have always been allowed to purchase an adult meal for a child or use some of our credits to treat other people that join us for dinner. Is this still allowed? I vaguely remember reading on the Disney website a while back that this was ok for 2017 DxDP, but I know Disney does make a lot of changes If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it Thank you!!

At the moment you should be okay. The brochure does still state that kid's must order from the kid's menu, but most of the restaurants are not holding you to that. Using your credits to treat other people is definitely allowed.

We have always been able to have the kids order from the adult menu for the past 4 years. The DxDDP does not distinguish adult/child.

Stacy

We have always been able to have my under 10 year old child order from the adult menu on the deluxe plan (past 3 years). The credits are not distinguished between child and adult. The only time I've heard of it being an issue is at non-Disney owned restaurants, but I have no first hand experience of it. Technically the literature does say that a child orders from the child's menu, so they could enforce it, but I highly doubt it because all you would really have to do to get around it is have the adult order 2 meals for themselves. Also, it is to the benefit of the server to allow it because it drives their tip up with the higher $ value food.

You can use a child's DXDDP credit for an adult to get an adult meal. Using it for an adult meal for a child was hit and miss.

We were able to order adult meals for our child everywhere on the deluxe plan. We had an under three too so it worked nice for them to share.

We had a party of 8. 5 adults and 3 kids. At every table service restaurant we only ordered 5 adult meals and no kids meals. It was more than enough food. App entree and dessert. There were 2 adults and 3 kids on the plan so we were able to share. It worked out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!