Dedicated reservations at David's

kmc33

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever been able to rent out a dedicated reservation listed on David's Vacation Club rentals? I was just wondering if it gets much traffic from people looking to book a DVC rental or if you are better off canceling the reservation and just renting out the points?
Thank you!

Has anyone ever been able to rent out a dedicated reservation listed on David's Vacation Club rentals? I was just wondering if it gets much traffic from people looking to book a DVC rental or if you are better off canceling the reservation and just renting out the points?
Thank you!

It depends on when it is and how long to the end of your use year. If it’s for a time that there’s little availability, you might be better off renting as is. I would ask the agent for advice.

Dedicated reservations only tend to work on high demand dates like Christmas otherwise renters want to shave a day here or there, etc.

I rented a dedicated reservation at a non peak time only about 3 months from check in after my renter had to cancel. The reservation was rented in less than a week. It was BCV (high demand), but a 1br (not as high demand).

Hang out on the rental boards and you'll be surprised how many people ask about rentals close to check in (relative to the 11 and 7 month booking windows).

We rented a dedicated SSR reservation in 2015 for a last minute Christmas decorations trip. We were out of points and the dates lined up.

I think it depends on time of year, size of unit and length of stay. I had a 1 week reservation for early December of last year that we ended up having to cancel, so I contacted Davids. It was rented within about 2 hours of me submitting it to Davids to be rented. So, it can be done.

Good luck!

We had a studio at BW over a weekend in September (so during F&W), we found out about a month prior that we couldn't go and it was rented through David's in less than a day after listing.

I rented some of my points thru davids for a stay scheduled to start in a couple of days. The original renter had to cancel, Davids asked me if I would be willing to allow them to re-rent the reservation which I agreed to do (Davids has been great to work with) It took Davids about a month to find a buyer for my confirmed reservation (and this was for a reservation that we had both already been paid for) The reservation was for 2 night in a savanna view studio at AKV - Kidani. Talk to them I think they can/will help you out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts