deck 2 cabins

denise5374

<font color=CC0066>Dares to say CRUISE out loud<br
I know this was discussed before but I just found this board and wondered if you would give me some feedback.

I cruised on the Wonder for 4 days in 10/03 and stayed in an inside cabin (7537 I think) and thought it was a decent cabin. I am thinking about going again 8/21/04 and was thinking about upgrading to a Cat 9 outside cabin would be on deck 2. Do you think the $200 extra is worth it? I have been reading some things about the noise on Deck 2. Is it that bad?

Thanks for you help.
Denise

We were on Deck 2 on the Magic for our first cruise, and loved it so much we requested the same stateroom for our December cruise this year. We were near the elevators (about 10 rooms down). NEVER heard any noise. Great location. Myself, I could never have an inside stateroom - too claustrophobic for me. I loved the huge porthole - was great for light in the am, and we liked looking out on the waves. I am saving up for a veranda for a future cruise, but for now, Deck 2 is perfect.

most definitely go with the cat 9 stateroom on deck 2...you will be pleased

My family and i prefer aft b/c of location....we particularly like 2120, 2118, 2114....our 3 favorites

Hi,

Have cruised on DCL several times and I have always been on Deck two with a Oceanview (except the 1st time I ever went and got deck 8 w/ a balcony). I have never had a problem with Deck Two and have sailed on both sides of the ship and both front and back areas. I think it's worth $200 extra for the view (it's a huge round porthole window) and it's really nice to watch the ships pull into port each morning. However, if you don't think you'll be in your stateroom hanging out to watch the water go by or get up really to watch port dockings then that extra money could be used for alot of other things like shore excursions, spa treatments etc. Personally, I am a room dweller and since I have been there and done that so many times on DCL I enjoy doing nothing else but sitting on my sofa watching the waves go by.

Happy Sailings....
Mmketeer

Thank you all for your replies. I never really thought about sitting in the room watching water go by. Because the first cruise was only 4 days and my first ever cruise I didn't think about spending time in my cabin. But I didn't really like the no window thing, either...a little too dark.

So there wasn't noise on Deck 2? I didn't notioce anything on Deck 7..I thought it was really quiet. and of course I never thought to venture around to other cabins.....

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter