Deck 11 Concierge

kathi

DIS Veteran
Tell me your Deck 11 Concierge experiences. We are booked in a 1BR in November and I'm concerned I'm not going to like the closed in veranda. Will it be noisy? Will it be hot? I've only stayed on Deck 12 previously.

We stayed on deck 11 with the enclosed verandah. Given it was April-so not summertime July hot, it was fine. In fact, it was a bit showery that trip and we could enjoy the verandah and outside without issue. As for noise- just at the very beginning of the cruise, before we left the dock, we had a noisy group beside us. I thought I was going to be unhappy. But, they never used the verandah for the rest of the trip, so all was quiet. I can't say having the enclosed verandah is my favorite, but I wouldn't worry too much about it either.

Tell me your Deck 11 Concierge experiences. We are booked in a 1BR in November and I'm concerned I'm not going to like the closed in veranda. Will it be noisy? Will it be hot? I've only stayed on Deck 12 previously.
We stayed on deck 11 1 bedroom and booked 12 from then on. We were next to the bump out and heard everyones conversation. It was like an echo chamber...imo.

I'm keeping an eye out for a Deck 12 to open up. We had initially booked a Deck 12 Cat V with the bump out, but we added my dad to the cruise and moved to a Cat T. Only Deck 11 was available. I'm stressing. It's super expensive and I'm afraid the balcony will not be a peaceful place to sit (which is super important to us).

We were on Deck 11 Fantasy in a bump out Cat T verandah - it was lovely. There were maybe 3 times during the cruise that there was echoing conversation or reduced privacy. It was a lovely spot overall and would return to Deck 11 in the future.

I'm keeping an eye out for a Deck 12 to open up. We had initially booked a Deck 12 Cat V with the bump out, but we added my dad to the cruise and moved to a Cat T. Only Deck 11 was available. I'm stressing. It's super expensive and I'm afraid the balcony will not be a peaceful place to sit (which is super important to us).

There's no need to stress. I've stayed in a 1BR on Deck 11 and it was great. I didn't have any issues at all with the semi-enclosed verandah.

We've always stayed on 12, but we're moving to 11 in October because I can't stand people dragging deck chairs and walking over my head at 7 in the morning. We're looking forward to being directly across from the Rainforest Room and not being underneath an open deck. We are in the stateroom right next to the bumpout, but I don't care about hearing our neighbors talking while on their verandah.

I have one of these booked for fall 2018. There were still one bedrooms available on deck 12 but not on the bumpout and I wanted the extra space. My youngest will be 4 when we go and he's always been a very athletic spontaneous child with virtually no fear so the enclosed balcony will actually be great from a safety standpoint. The kids can actually hang out on it as opposed to me hovering over them constantly or making them stay in the stateroom while we are getting ready etc. I'm following this thread hoping I made the right decision!

Summer 12315- the railing height is the same on deck 11 and deck 12, it just has a plexiglass cover over the balcony on Deck 11. You will definitely have more space, but the "jumping off the ship" potential is the same on either deck. Also, please keep in mind that the Deck 11 balconies are an echo chamber for your cabin and all the cabins surrounding you.

Summer 12315- the railing height is the same on deck 11 and deck 12, it just has a plexiglass cover over the balcony on Deck 11. You will definitely have more space, but the "jumping off the ship" potential is the same on either deck. Also, please keep in mind that the Deck 11 balconies are an echo chamber for your cabin and all the cabins surrounding you.

I'm not sure what you mean. How would it be the same? My kid can't jump through plexiglass? I mean I'm not planning on letting him try or anything, but it's definitely not the same. And no, I'm not a jerk, I wasn't planning on letting my kids scream on the balcony and annoy other people. I think it'll just allow me to relax a little more than a true open balcony would.

I'm not sure what you mean. How would it be the same? My kid can't jump through plexiglass?

I think what they meant is that there is no additional safety to the enclosure. It's merely there because it's an aesthetic thing due to the spa on the other side. The wall is the same height. It just feels more enclosed on deck 11 because you have an awning as well as the plexi wall. It's no safer and it's louder.

The issue I see with having a bump out cabin is you have no privacy if you take advantage of all the space. You can see into verandas on both sides and they can clearly see and hear you.

I have one of these booked for fall 2018. There were still one bedrooms available on deck 12 but not on the bumpout and I wanted the extra space. My youngest will be 4 when we go and he's always been a very athletic spontaneous child with virtually no fear so the enclosed balcony will actually be great from a safety standpoint. The kids can actually hang out on it as opposed to me hovering over them constantly or making them stay in the stateroom while we are getting ready etc. I'm following this thread hoping I made the right decision!

The verandahs on 11 aren't fully enclosed and wouldn't be any safer than the verandahs on 12.

See photos in the link below of a Deck 11 Cat T. I think it will make more sense with the photo. I definitely think having the bigger balcony on Deck 11 will be much better for you and your son, I just didn't want you to think that he had no access to "overboard".

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...with-tons-of-photos-video-done.2650672/page-5

Those photos are incredibly helpful! I have looked up tons of pictures and I thought it was fully enclosed. I didn't realize there was open space between the top and bottom! Well that will be wonderful. But yes I'm definitely going to have to be six inches from my little guy at all times! Still I think this will be nicer for the breeze and to enjoy as a family.

Lol now I feel dumb. But honestly there's such a big deal made about these verandah being "enclosed" online that I really thought they were enclosed. They just have covered roofs. Doesn't seem like a big deal at all.

Lol now I feel dumb. But honestly there's such a big deal made about these verandah being "enclosed" online that I really thought they were enclosed. They just have covered roofs. Doesn't seem like a big deal at all.

I agree, it's not a big deal at all. Like a lot of things DCL related, it gets blown way out of proportion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter