DECEMBER 2017 DISCOUNTS AND CODE WATCH

What is a UOC? RO means room only... but no idea what UOC could mean & it is not in the acronym guide. Y'all use so many I can't keep up!

Unique offer code (otherwise known as a PIN code). I dont' get them (wish I did!), so it's RO offers for me, it seems!

Have you tried going in MDE and planning a trip but not checking out? I do that at least once a week.
I have! I think they know that we're good for a trip every year based on past behavior. We planned a trip with my parents who have never gone, but they canceled due to health reasons, and now they're on the list and receive them. Too bad I doubt she'll be able to come--would love to use her discount!

Noticed that there is an AP room discount for December that has been announced in August the last few years. Does anyone know what the availability was like for those? Can't seem to find detailed information online. Availability as in how hard it was to get and what the exclusions were. Thanks!

I'm booked for Dec 7-14 - first time in over 10 years for me and first time EVER for my boyfriend. Very excited! We didn't pick dates until long after FD was gone, so hoping for a RO discount. Currently at All-Star Movies but may switch to Pop... wish we didn't have to wait so long!

I just called Disney to book my stay at Pop for December and the cast member on the phone told me I had a unique offer code on file! I was so ecstatic! I have never received one before and I had no idea I had one. Definitely worth it to call and ask. I only called because the website was giving me issues when I tried to book it myself.

I just called Disney to book my stay at Pop for December and the cast member on the phone told me I had a unique offer code on file! I was so ecstatic! I have never received one before and I had no idea I had one. Definitely worth it to call and ask. I only called because the website was giving me issues when I tried to book it myself.

That's awesome! This is my first time booking a trip under my name (I haven't been since my parents took me) so I doubt there's anything in my name, but that's so great! Congrats!

Congrats- Did they say what the UOC was- the valid dates etc? What percentage for the value resorts? I hope this means fall codes will be out soon for all of us that normally get them

Congrats- Did they say what the UOC was- the valid dates etc? What percentage for the value resorts? I hope this means fall codes will be out soon for all of us that normally get them

No they did not and I was actually shocked it was applicable for my December dates (12/06/17-12/12/17). Based on my own math it was a 15% discount. I'm almost temped to call and add an extra night or upgrade to preferred since I hadn't budgeted for the discount. It saved me $130.

I know I'm going to regret asking this question, but here goes; why book yourself when you can have a travel agent do it? Just curious. I used to do all of my bookings for my family and decided to try a travel agent and they handled everything faster than I could.

Again, just curious. Would love to hear if you all use TA's or handle everything on your own. Thanks in advance.

P.S. - No, I'm not a travel agent (nor related to one).

I know I'm going to regret asking this question, but here goes; why book yourself when you can have a travel agent do it? Just curious. I used to do all of my bookings for my family and decided to try a travel agent and they handled everything faster than I could.

Again, just curious. Would love to hear if you all use TA's or handle everything on your own. Thanks in advance.

I can't speak for anyone else but I personally love the planning stage. It gets me excited for the trip and I find it more satisfying when I figure things out and find discounts on my own. So it just makes more sense for me to book myself.

I can't speak for anyone else but I personally love the planning stage. It gets me excited for the trip and I find it more satisfying when I figure things out and find discounts on my own. So it just makes more sense for me to book myself.

THIS.

Not to mention that I have yet to receive a quote back from a TA that was a better deal than I had already managed to do myself. :confused3

I want control over my vacation. I both want and need (we have special needs and therefore have a variety of requests that need to be made) to be able to talk with Disney directly instead of having to go through a TA intermediary. And, I don't mind doing the research and planning myself.

SW

I want control over my vacation. I both want and need (we have special needs and therefore have a variety of requests that need to be made) to be able to talk with Disney directly instead of having to go through a TA intermediary. And, I don't mind doing the research and planning myself.

SW

Wow so it sounds like the pin is out

Thanks for the responses everyone! It's nice to have honest responses instead of grumpy "what's the problem with that?" responses! I'm glad I asked and I appreciate you telling me.

Thanks again.

The day Free Dining was released, a lot of TAs were swamped with the number of requests they were asked to make, and they can only make them one at a time. The later you asked a TA to book a Free Dining package on your behalf, the worse the odds were that you could get one. Whereas if you called yourself, you could decide to do it a minute before calling and have just as good of a chance of getting through as the person at the front of a TA's list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter