DECEMBER 2017 DISCOUNTS AND CODE WATCH

I am dying for the new pin to come out..ugh

Me, too. I don't get them, but my mother does and we plan to go together after Thanksgiving. I'm confused--I read in this thread some folks here had UOC, but I didn't think there were any for this period of time (December). Is the current UOC for just free dining? We're hoping for a room only... for 11/28- 12/3. When does that usually come out? Also, my mom is pretty old and counts on me to do everything--one CM says I can book rooms for us with her UOC on her behalf, but another said she has to do it herself. My mom will be totally overwhelmed by that--she's elderly and doesn't know the ins and outs of Disney reservations, etc.

Me, too. I don't get them, but my mother does and we plan to go together after Thanksgiving. I'm confused--I read in this thread some folks here had UOC, but I didn't think there were any for this period of time (December). Is the current UOC for just free dining? We're hoping for a room only... for 11/28- 12/3. When does that usually come out? Also, my mom is pretty old and counts on me to do everything--one CM says I can book rooms for us with her UOC on her behalf, but another said she has to do it herself. My mom will be totally overwhelmed by that--she's elderly and doesn't know the ins and outs of Disney reservations, etc.
If you scroll up it lists the dates and what the discount is - the UOC is only through August. We aren't sure when the new one comes out. Some people have free dining through the regular promo offered to everyone. The Room only for Nov/Dec isn't out yet either.

We booked FD at WL for now but might change depending on the room only. The difference between POFQ and WL for the 3 nights is $445, so I feel like it's worth it for now. Our family of 4 will spend $445 in 3 days on food for sure.

Last edited:
We booked FD at WL for now but might change depending on the room only. The difference between POFQ and WL for the 3 nights is $445, so I feel like it's worth it for now. Our family of 4 will spend $445 in 3 days on food for sure.

I really hope we hear something ... I got excited when someone said the UOC came out the same week of FD last year !

I booked two rooms standard at CBR with FD for Dec 8th to Dec 13th. I upgraded to the Deluxe Dinning on one room so we can get apps. I am worried about the construction at CBR though and am looking everyday for another option since we are bringing my grandson who will be 23 months at the time of the trip.

We booked a bounceback for December. The second week. Anyone have experience with the crowds at that time? I know it's MVMCP and also free dining, but am hoping that it will not be as ramped up and crazy as the weeks before and after Christmas itself!

We booked a bounceback for December. The second week. Anyone have experience with the crowds at that time? I know it's MVMCP and also free dining, but am hoping that it will not be as ramped up and crazy as the weeks before and after Christmas itself!

It's great week to go. We're not free dining people, and I have noticed the weeks with free dining tend to be a bit more crowded than those when it's not offered, but it's hard to time things just so. December is my favorite month, hands down, to visit, though I refuse to go Christmas week!

It's great week to go. We're not free dining people, and I have noticed the weeks with free dining tend to be a bit more crowded than those when it's not offered, but it's hard to time things just so. December is my favorite month, hands down, to visit, though I refuse to go Christmas week!
Thanks for your thoughts. No way would I go that close to Christmas either!!! Well, maybe if somebody else paid for the trip......:rotfl:

Any idea when do Room only discounts come out for the late fall/winter? I have a package booked for Dec 7-15 at the grand Floridian for theme park view. Would love to get the price knocked down! Appreciate any insight provided

Any idea when do Room only discounts come out for the late fall/winter? I have a package booked for Dec 7-15 at the grand Floridian for theme park view. Would love to get the price knocked down! Appreciate any insight provided

Historically in July.

We were there that week in 2010...

I think 10 minutes for splash and BTM- no more than 1 to 2 minute waits for most other rides- that was 7 years ago though.

We were there that week in 2010...

I think 10 minutes for splash and BTM- no more than 1 to 2 minute waits for most other rides- that was 7 years ago though.

It's a wonderful week to go, but I will be suprised if your waits are 10 min for popular rides and 1-2 for others. That would be awesome, but very unlikely. The last time we had 10 min waits for headliner rides and walk on for most others was when we went in 2011. Wait times are, of course, relative to what time of day, which day, etc. Do take some time to check out either Touring Plans or Easywdw to see their charts on what actual wait times are for certain months.

We are booked 12/3 to 12/9 and waiting for a pin or discount code. Free dining doesn't fall within our dates and those dates aren't flexible, so we make payments and wait. pirate:

We are booked 12/3 to 12/9 and waiting for a pin or discount code. Free dining doesn't fall within our dates and those dates aren't flexible, so we make payments and wait. pirate:

Same here, but we are at WL which was already booked up during our stay. We grabbed the airfare while it was reasonable. We may switch to GF but the RR is killing me but I don't know yet...waiting for a pin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter