December 2017 Car Rental Watch

We're doing a 5 day rental (12/14-12/18) and need a vehicle for a family of 6. Rates started around $300 but today finally went under $200 ($197!) for an Alamo minivan booked directly through Costco Travel. Happy to get it at least there, here's hoping it goes even lower in the next few days!

well,my $318 rate has risen to over $800 now....think I'll stick with the first one I made! (way Back in April!)

Just got back from our trip last night. Rented an intermediate SUV from the Car Care Center for the bulk of the trip. Was given a Nissan Murano. Car was clean, high mileage at near 25K but had no issues. Price for 6 nights was $189, taxes and fees included. Pick up and Drop off were easy. To get here, simply go through the MK parking gates but stay to the left as a small road will fork off to the left immediately after the booths. Then after the fork there are 2 lanes, stay to the right so as to cross the road straight into the CCC area. I refilled at the Speedway that is on the other side of the building before entering the drop off area. Do be aware the staff here is cranking through cars and don't seem to have the calm demeanor one may expect on Disney property. ;) They were excellent though.

Last edited:

Prices at Costco have been dropping for my week (December 31 - January 7). I already have 2 reservations, a standard size ($293), and a mid-size/intermediate SUV ($410), both at alamo. Today, I see they have the mini-van down to $457. I'd really rather the mini-van, but am not keen on paying that much for a week, although I guess its pretty close to the 410 for the SUV. My other worry is that I'll end up seeing a minivan in a cheaper aisle (e.g. get to pick the minivan with the standard or SUV reservation). Would hate to pay more if I could get it for less (obviously).

We haven't traveled at this time of the year, and I don't know what the pickings will be like on the 31st and in the morning. Can't decide which reservation to keep. I've already booked and cancelled a few times, as the prices have dropped.

I have been able to lower Alamo about $5 a day lately using Sw ID 7016141 and this free day code from Autoslash AF4396SDN. Can someone tell me how large of a deposit I can expect for my Alamo rental of a standard car? Thanks!

For those of you with a SunTrust bank account with credit card you can rent cars under the rewards section of your SunTrust credit card. You don't need to use any rewards you can pay by credit card. I saved myself $22 for the same vehicle. You do have to pay in full when booking, but it is refundable if you cancel at least 72 hours before

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!