December 2017 Car Rental Watch

any new codes? I still haven't seen a price change since last May for my trip.....

Just booked Alamo compact for $124 for 6 days in early December. Coscto contract + discount code mentioned earlier in the thread.

There are lots of reports of people getting vans in the full size aisle at MCO lately. I have booked a standard car (no aisle at MCO) and we plan to go check the aisle prior to going to the front desk and seeing if there is vans in that aisle. If so I will take the cheaper of my reservations. I have a van reserved for $225 for Dec 7th to Dec 14th. So for us we will go with what ever is cheaper. I also get a free additional driver because I book through Costco. Costco prices have been better than any I have found.
There's no standard aisle at MCO? If not, what section should I be looking in?

Do you have to be a Costco member to use their discount? I know you don't have to use the Bjs car rental.

Do you have to be a Costco member to use their discount? I know you don't have to use the Bjs car rental.

I would think so, yes. We only recently got a Costco locally so I was happy to be able to finally use that code. I know that when I made the reservation on Alamo I had to enter my Costco membership number. YMMV

I would think so, yes. We only recently got a Costco locally so I was happy to be able to finally use that code. I know that when I made the reservation on Alamo I had to enter my Costco membership number. YMMV

Ok, no Costco near me. I could ask one of my friends for their number but I'm sure it has to match up with the renters name.

Technically yes as they could ask for your membership card. We are members and use the code often but have never once been asked to prove I was a Costco member.

Ok, no Costco near me. I could ask one of my friends for their number but I'm sure it has to match up with the renters name.

As Stated yes you are suppose to have your membership card with you at time of pick up but I went through abut 8 months of renting cars about twice a month and I not once was asked for my card. I even booked for relatives and they where never asked for the card. If you have a family member who has one I would book it and maybe ask them to send you a picture of it incase they ask or if they ask say you forgot it and if they say sorry then have a reservation without it and just use that one incase.

Sorry to be snarky, but I pay for that discount and you do not. I don’t think it’s right for you to use the Costco code unless you are a Costco member.
agreed. And you can;t make a res. without the number.

Sorry to be snarky, but I pay for that discount and you do not. I don’t think it’s right for you to use the Costco code unless you are a Costco member.

No problem, I was thinking "out loud." I have a BJS membership, however, anyone can purchase Disney card through them at the discount and anyone can book car rental through their site. I booked through them recently and I was never asked for my membership number. I was simply wondering if Costco was similar.

I pay for that discount too and I don't mind at all. If she had a Costco near here and could use it I am sure she would but since she doesn't have one near hear it makes zero sense for her to get one. I am sure almost every single person who has a Costco card at one time or another bought something for someone or took there friend or family member to Costco to buy stuff. I say the more people who can benefit for the thousands of dollars I spend at Costco a year for my $120 membership the better. Just my thought.

I pay for that discount too and I don't mind at all. If she had a Costco near here and could use it I am sure she would but since she doesn't have one near hear it makes zero sense for her to get one. I am sure almost every single person who has a Costco card at one time or another bought something for someone or took there friend or family member to Costco to buy stuff. I say the more people who can benefit for the thousands of dollars I spend at Costco a year for my $120 membership the better. Just my thought.
In my mind it’s not the same at all. The car discounts are for members. Shopping with friends is advertising for Costco.

I’m sorry that it doesn’t make sense for her to buy a membership because she lives too far away. I won’t buy a Sams membership because I disagree with the way the Walton family runs their businesses. That doesn’t mean that I am entitled to use a Sams Club discount and she is not entitled to Costco discounts.

Oh, and FWIW, I have been asked to show my Costo membership card when picking up a car.

I'm not certain how it works with Alamo and what, if anything, Costco pays but I think it's more likely to be a promotion offered by Alamo. Marketing thru large travel sites.

agreed. And you can;t make a res. without the number.

The Costco contract ID is posted on every one of these monthly car rental discount threads. No membership number required. One can use it directly on the Alamo site although I've noticed the pricing is a bit different compared to directly with the Costco site in the past year or two. It used to be identical. But on the Alamo website you can then use it conjunction with a coupon which usually gets the cost lower than directly thru the Costco travel site.

No problem, I was thinking "out loud." I have a BJS membership, however, anyone can purchase Disney card through them at the discount and anyone can book car rental through their site. I booked through them recently and I was never asked for my membership number. I was simply wondering if Costco was similar.

While true, note that I booked my current mid sized SUV through BJs link as a member and it gave me a substantially lower price than before when I had not logged in (see start of thread). Currently the two prices for members and non-members are the same, but they do diverge at times. My current reservation through BJs still stands at 6 days for just under $190 including taxes, fees and a free extra driver. Unfortunately, my oldest kid is still too young to be added on as a free driver (although I will ask at the exit.) I hope their link soon matches what Costco has ... would be nice. Until then, I'm okay with what I have and will bring my BJs card to hand to the cashier.

Last edited:
I'm not certain how it works with Alamo and what, if anything, Costco pays but I think it's more likely to be a promotion offered by Alamo. Marketing thru large travel sites.

The Costco contract ID is posted on every one of these monthly car rental discount threads. No membership number required. One can use it directly on the Alamo site although I've noticed the pricing is a bit different compared to directly with the Costco site in the past year or two. It used to be identical. But on the Alamo website you can then use it conjunction with a coupon which usually gets the cost lower than directly thru the Costco travel site.

Thanks for this tip, I just saved another $5 doing this instead of booking right on Costco's site. Still hoping rates continue to drop, I'm not used to paying over $200 in early December for a Full size car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter