December 2016 - Christmas in Disney - We're Planning Already

JewelsG

Mouseketeer
With rates for 2016 coming out soon wondering who else is getting ready to spend Christmas in the Happiest Place on Earth?

Going with our best friends again - can't wait!!!

Congrats.

I'm following and we might be be heading back to THE WORLD at that time too. We've been down 3x for December and have had an awesome time each time.

Hello there! I'm following along. :) We're headed back July 20, 2016...e were there in Dec. and it was a beautiful time to visit, well most of the time. :) The weather was a bit iffy, but even with a fair amount of rain the temps were usually pleasant. I would advise a hoodie or jacket for all in your party though as the nights had a chill to them. The Christmas decorations are quite exquisite and worth a hop around on the monorail to see them! The castle was decked out in lights too, so it made nighttime in Magic Kingdom extra magical! I hope you all have truly wonderful trips!
IMG_3721.JPG

We are deciding between the two US Disney's but we are always down there at Christmas time for 2 weeks! Love that time of the year!

I am going to be there Dec 17 - 28 and my family will be there Dec 17-23 .. the party will be Me Hubs then My 2 kids DD 23 and DS 20 and then my Parents.. it's my Dad's first trip since 1971 !!!!!! my mom hasn't been since Oct 2004 and my kids haven't been with me since 2006!! I am sooo excited!! I gotta get a ticker!!!!!

Dec 2 thru 9th for wife and I. Concluding what should be a very eventful year for us. I turn 65 in April; I'm retiring first of May....45th anniversary June 26th...Wife turns 65 in July...she retires in early August...AND CELEBRATING IT ALL WITH A TRIP TO DISNEY. Here are our tentative plans (driving from southeast Virginia)...

Arriving Friday Dec 2 ~ 9am. Two nights at POFQ / 5 nights at Contemporary Resort

Fri Dec 2 - Animal Kingdom / Rivers of Light Show
Sat Dec 3 - Epcot / Boat from POFQ to Disney Springs for the evening
Sun Dec 4 - Move to CR / Tour CR / Tour the monorail resorts / Dinner at CA Grill
Mon Dec 5 - Magic Kingdom (looking forward to walking to MK)
Tue Dec 6 - Hollywood Studios / Fantasmic Pkg at Hollywood & Vine
Wed Dec 7 - Keys to the Kingdom Tour at MK / MK / Spirit of Aloha Luau at Poly
Thu Dec 8 - Epcot / tour of Boardwalk / Back to Epcot for Illuminations
Fri Dec 9 - Relax at CR and begin trip back home

We are here! November 30th-December 9th. Resort is TBA due to waiting on a few confirmations.

We were originally going to go December 30th, but looking at the crowd calendar and also due to the fact that we love, I mean LOVE Christmas time, we've moved the trip up almost a month. Our extended family who we're traveling with is all on board even with the moving of dates.

Tentative plan --
November 30th - Fly into MCO in the AM and take DME to our first resort (R/O).... TBA - MK and/or Epcot
December 1st - MVMCP (if party dates follow the same pattern as last year)/Morning: Touring resorts and seeing Christmas decorations
December 2nd - Animal Kingdom .. PM Rivers of Light
December 3rd - Hollywood Studios/Fantasmic
December 4th - Epcot (Candle light Processional package - either Tokyo Dining or Rose and Crown Lunch)
December 5th - Magic Kingdom
December 6th - Animal Kingdom (catch Rivers of Light again?)/ Night safari... ;)
December 7th - Key's to the Kingdom Tour/Epcot - My birthday!
December 8th - HS morning/DTD
December 9th - MK/Fly home in the PM

Hey everyone! We are going Dec 10-17 to celebrate my 30th birthday! We were originally going to try Disneyland for the first time but with a lot of closures going on right now there I convinced my hubby to go back to WDW instead! It looks like it will just be the two of us and our 2 year old daughter again this year. I can't convince anyone to go with us :( Oh, well their loss :) I've never been in December, we were just there this past November so some Christmas decorations were up already before we left but I'm excited to see all the resort decorations this year!

Just booked at Art of Animation, Mermaid for 12/30/16 to 1/9/16...I am SO excited. New Years Eve, Christmas Decorations..swoon!!!

Congrats on your booking. I think the best part of your trip will be that after Jan. 2nd, you will have a week where the parks will be so empty, you could throw a rock in any direction and not hit anyone.

Hi there! We will be in WDW from 11/30 - 12/8 staying at Beach Club Villas! I've been there more times than I can count, it'll be my son's 3rd trip (he'll be 7) and my boyfriend's first trip EVER. So excited to show him the 'world and why we love it so much! Especially with all the Christmas decorations up, it's going to be magical :love:

Good luck to everyone on whatever day is ADR day! Mine is Sunday and I am a little nervous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter