• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ddp advice and ?s

Hessie628

Mouseketeer
hi everyone! one of my best friends and i are going to wdw aug 16-22 for our annual trip. we are trying to decide if we should do the ddp. we will be staying in a studio at okw (thanks to my parents who are dvc members and had points to spare.) we will be renting a car and plan on doing some things off disney property- family birthday party and a day at universal. last year we had a rental car and went offsite to get a few groceries and fastfood since we both had little money. we did do a character meal and 1 or 2 ts meals. this year we still have little money (but we got a free roomand a pretty cheap flight!) i know we will want to do a character meal again and at least 1 ts meal. i am not a big eater. however, i am a snack person and i LOVE ice cream and dolewhips. if i don't do ts or cs meals can i use credits toward extra snacks? i know a lot of our groceries went to waste last year but i was also sick for a few days and i'm not sure how much i would have eaten. i know i need to figure out how much we would actually spend to best decide, but i'll take input from you all. also-- another friend of mine may come for a few days. could she share meals w/us or would she have to get her own plan? that might make my decision. thanks!!!!!!!

-jessica

I personally love the DDP.You have so many choices of where to go and its already paid for so you dont have to worry about what you order and the price.And yes you can use your TS and CS fo snacks if you want.Its nice if you decide you all do want more ts meals and are going to be in the park more or even if you wnat to get a CS and take it to your room you can its very flexible.

If you're not going to eat all your meals on property, I think you'd lose money converting too many credits to snacks. There's nothing better than looking at the menus and figuring out if the cost of the plan is lower than what you'd normally eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter