DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Sorry guys for confusion or coming across negative. We still love WDW and especially DCL. Possibly part of me shaking my head at some things at DaWorld is because DCL service is so over the top and high end. We had a blast this last trip and the newer things like TS Land, Pandora and HEA are great additions and top notch and the resorts are great. It can't be bad as we have two trips booked and looking at getting a third on the board next June to take full advantage of APs and TIW. Even when there are some head scratching things can't think of another place to spend a family vacation.
Not sure I understand what you're saying Mike.

Do you mean on this last trip, you noticed cost cutbacks at Disney and things being smaller than they used to be or things going on the cheap there?

Or

Are you saying you had to enact cost cutbacks and doing things smaller or doing more on the cheap?

Personally, I am getting more and more to the point of wanting to move to FL (many reasons) and then I can do the AP (DVC or FL resident - same price) and go in evenings or on weekends without much of the exorbitant prices for staying on property and meals. Doubt seriously any of the special events are still on the table (except I'd still like to do the keys tour). I don't mind increasing prices, per se, it's normal. What I object to is the exponential increases way outpacing inflation or cost of living factors. As I get closer to CJ's status, I think the cost hikes at Disney far outpace my desire and/or ability to keep up with them. After typing that, I guess what it boils down to is not so much whether I could afford it, but more whether I want to afford it at those prices. I hope I'm making some modicum of sense and not just wanton rambling.
My bad. I noticed a lot more of Disney cost cutbacks. Some examples are low staff at the QSRs, some days the AP dedicated entry line not being manned / opened, had to almost hunt down photo pass cast members and reduced character meets. Again nothing major just noticed several areas of apparent cutbacks.
I didn't mean to start a negative runaway on Disney. But, I'm glad I'm not the only one.
I'm with ya, not trying to be negative either but maybe those of us that have been going for a long time notice more things and have a very high bar to reference so when the prices go up and offerings / superior services drop off some it makes you think a bit.

I didn't mean to start a negative runaway on Disney. But, I'm glad I'm not the only one.
I'm sure they'll live.

We all love the place, without stating the obvious that's why we all talk every day (for which I am thankful). It doesn't mean they are above criticism. I think they are at the point where capacity is starting to bite, and your Large Cap fund is demanding more returns. That means increasing the ATV of every guest at the park. So the bean counter way is to skim the top (service and freebies) and skim the bottom (staff).

It's getting better, and just not in a black knight flesh wound sort of way. I'm considering cancelling the surgery. I may not get back to my previous level, but I'm getting older. Would I get there anyway? It might be better to jut focus the energy on losing some weight and enjoying what I can do now.
'Tis but a scratch.

One day we can play doubles at the "Vaguely Crippled Disdads Senior invitational". We'll wipe the floor with 'em.

One day we can play doubles at the "Vaguely Crippled Disdads Senior invitational". We'll wipe the floor with 'em.

I emailed Aaron (Disdad Podcast) and told him I would coordinate and play in a disdad tennis tournament at a future ddcc. There's more likely to be a beer drinking tournament.

Last edited:
You too? My work laptop claimed today that Wi Fi doesn't exist, and my desktop refused to connect to our new Comcast router. Finally fixed it by connecting to my hotspot and then reconnecting to the router.

You too? My work laptop claimed today that Wi Fi doesn't exist, and my desktop refused to connect to our new Comcast router. Finally fixed it by connecting to my hotspot and then reconnecting to the router.

Here is was a provider issue. At first they denied having a problem but after I Tweeted it and more and more people said they same thing they admitted there was an issue.

Happy Wednesday. Somehow, i got roped into coaching youngest dd's JTT <14 Tennis team in their tournament this weekend. Looks like both she and one other boy are good, so I should get two singles wins. We play Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I guess we know where I will be all weekend.

Morning boys from a humid and overcast London.
Booked a cheeky 5 nighter to Rome last night, a couple of weeks later than the start of the Florida trip, so my achilles should be in a much better place by then.

Internet go.....ing in and.....o...u...t.
Hopefully you got the next weeks Canadian lottery numbers that I sent over by email yesterday morning. Along with my plans for the new Officers Square re-development. Remember me when you win the lottery.

We play Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I guess we know where I will be all weekend.
You're a good dad.
HAKUNA MATATA!
What a wonderful phrase.
I emailed Aaron (Disdad Podcast) and told him I would coordinate and play in a disdad tennis tournament at a future ddcc. There's more likely to be a beer drinking tournament.
How about combine the two and film it?

Have a good day boys, and remember, there's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow, shining down on every single day.....

Last edited:
How about combine the two and film it?

Have a good day boys, and remember, there's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow, shining down on every single day.....

Good news on the trip, and have fun in Rome. Who gets to record the DisDad Club Convention Tennis Inebriated Tournament Stars? Oh look, I created a new acronym & tshirt. :lmao:

Good news on the trip, and have fun in Rome. Who gets to record the DisDad Club Convention Tennis Inebriated Tournament Stars? Oh look, I created a new acronym & tshirt. :lmao:
:rotfl2:It shown be displayed prominently across the chest.
It certainly works a lot better than when you tried to set up the Disdads In Central Kentucky Society.

Last edited:
Hey Guys, hope everyone is doing well:goodvibes. I've been in remodel bathroom hell for the last 2 weeks, have had plumber's over the last 3 days with start time of 7am:faint:, seems that since the house was built in the 40's all the plumbing needs to be changed to bring it up to code:eek:. Bathroom is completely ripped out down to beams, and all the new stuff is sitting in the living room:scared1:. Needless to say the wife is not really that happy right now ( was to be done by this Sat now it's looking like Tues)
I let DW pick out ALL the tile and bath fixtures (budget went down the drain:sick:). guess they didn't have anything cheaper then Hansgrohe fixtures:confused3:rotfl2:. I can't wait 15 days till WDW , maybe it will be done by then:confused3

Last edited:
Top O the Mornin Dads and Happy Friday Eve! Have a good one gents - "Happiness is the richest thing we will ever own." -- Donald Duck
Happy Wednesday. Somehow, i got roped into coaching youngest dd's JTT <14 Tennis team in their tournament this weekend. Looks like both she and one other boy are good, so I should get two singles wins. We play Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I guess we know where I will be all weekend.
Sounds like a Dad weekend duty - nice job and enjoy
Morning boys from a humid and overcast London.
Booked a cheeky 5 nighter to Rome last night, a couple of weeks later than the start of the Florida trip, so my achilles should be in a much better place by then.
Good deal, at least you and the family get some down time together.
And tomorrow's just a dream away..............
:rotfl2:
Hey Guys, hope everyone is doing well:goodvibes. I've been in remodel bathroom hell for the last 2 weeks, have had plumber's over the last 3 days with start time of 7am:faint:, seems that since the house was built in the 40's all the plumbing needs to be changed to bring it up to code:eek:. Bathroom is completely ripped out down to beams, and all the new stuff is sitting in the living room:scared1:. Needless to say the wife is not really that happy right now ( was to be done by this Sat now it's looking like Tues)
I let DW pick out ALL the tile and bath fixtures (budget went down the drain:sick:). guess they didn't have anything cheaper then Hansgrohe fixtures:confused3:rotfl2:. I can't wait 15 days till WDW , maybe it will be done by then:confused3
Major home remodeling projects never seem to go to plan. Good luck and at least you're in a 2 week countdown mode :thumbsup2

It's time for American Ninja Warrior!!!

I get that Disney is a business and needs to increase profits. And, they are in my Large Cap Mutual Fund, so appreciate the money. However, building more resorts and the gondolas and NEVER ADDING MORE RIDES, despite all the price increases has really gotten to me. Sure, there is Toy Story Land and Pandora, but they closed other rides to open them.

IMO the gondolas and new resorts are eyesores, Starting with Bay Lake Tower it basically looks like a building you can find in a city. They are going off the track of Disney theming and quite frankly without the theming it's like staying at a resort off property. I really liked staying at Coronado Springs but now that they added a DVC section and that giant building that will have hundreds of rooms, it takes away from the resort and will add a way bigger line to get on the busses to the parks, the same will be for Caribbean Beach:rolleyes1

Just checking in to say...we're starting the drive to our favorite place this afternoon. Should arrive at Coronado Springs by dinner time tomorrow. Let me know how many Dole Whips you guys want and I'll put some in the mail for you. Expect delivery in 7-10 business days.
Enjoy buddy. Hit that Castle. Do you ship internationally?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter