DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning all,

Little bit of everything you would expect with the fall weather up here this morning. Not a bad day to be in the office going over resumes.

Have a good one.

'Morning all...

Wednesday.

And... that just about sums it up, for me.
Hope y'all have more interesting things going on in your world.

Maybe we should start a big argument about forks and pizza.
No - on second thought - that'd be silly.

f2abb266763ceacca25065bff1af30c1--monty-python-funny-people.jpg

Silly indeed.

I've gone to Lou Malnati's in Chicago for a deep dish pizza (think 3-4" thick) and didn't use a fork there.
So why on Earth would I use one anywhere else?

Fancy schmancy place? Please. I'm too old to give a crap what the next table thinks.

The new job is still challenging but calming down a little. I guess I'm getting used to it. I do miss the longer stretch of downtime when I'm home - the weekends go by way too fast. But at least I'm with my family every night. I don't miss spending two days a month in airports. But kind of miss seeing other parts of the world. Overall can I say I'm happier?...I don't know honestly. Maybe in time I'll figure that out.

Sounds like it's....wait for it...a job.

I still think being with the family was the right call. And we all go to work just so we can pay for the next vacation (and see more of the world).:thumbsup2

About 15 minutes drive from my house. It's a local park called Manuels River, really interesting from a geology perspective. The lower trail towards the coast has shale and trilobite fossils. The upper part with the falls is granite. So you get a transition from basement to sedimentary layers. Yeah, ok, I can hear you. That probably means a lot more to a geologist. Anyway, website if anyone is interested.

http://manuelsriver.com/

Cool, thanks! Looks like a really nice place for a hike.

Temps warm enough for biking, but forecast 60mph winds put the kybosh on that thought!

:eek: Ride like the wind, Bullseye!

Maybe we should start a big argument about forks and pizza.
No - on second thought - that'd be silly.

Oh, for the love of...

That horse is dead. We've beaten the corpse. We've beaten the workers that came to clean up the corpse. We've beaten the wagon that transported the corpse. We've even beaten the incinerator.

I've gone to Lou Malnati's in Chicago for a deep dish pizza (think 3-4" thick) and didn't use a fork there.
So why on Earth would I use one anywhere else?

Fancy schmancy place? Please. I'm too old to give a crap what the next table thinks.

Nice work. :thumbsup2

I went to Lou Malnati's in Chicago once to meet a couple of DIS Dads. Took 2 hours to get seated and get a pizza. But they gave us a free salad for our trouble. :headache:

One of the dads was my "nemesis", and I've never let him hear the end of it. Maybe that's why he doesn't come around anymore.

That horse is dead. We've beaten the corpse. We've beaten the workers that came to clean up the corpse. We've beaten the wagon that transported the corpse. We've even beaten the incinerator.
But...
Have we beaten the glue the horse was made into?
Have we beaten the body bag the corpse was put in?
Have we beaten the wives of the workers?
Have we beaten the other horses that drew the wagon?
Have we beaten the guy who supplied the fuel for the incinerator?

Seems like a lot of room left in this debate.

My executive summary:
The objective is to get the pizza into your mouth. Any method you choose to accomplish said objective is okay with me.
More than one way to skin a cat.

Speaking of cats, did you skin the cat that scratched the horse before it was beaten?

I think I'm gonna watch the Cubs from outside tonight to enjoy the chill as if I were there
Did you leave the patio early like everyone else at Wrigley? That was a shocker.
Yeah, ok, I can hear you. That probably means a lot more to a geologist.
You lost me at tribulites, Jeff.
I've gone to Lou Malnati's in Chicago for a deep dish pizza
I got drunk there, and decided to bring back the rest of my Pizza to the hotel room. And then forgot to put it in the fridge. My room did not smell good the next day.
I remember posting a play by play commentary on an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger once.
:rotfl:
It's done. Believe me, it's done.

Afternoon chaps, from a drizzly London. PTA meeting this evening. Playdate for the curly haired ninja this afternoon. That's all I got.

:eek: Ride like the wind, Bullseye!

I prefer not to be airborne unless it's on purpose.

I went to Lou Malnati's in Chicago once to meet a couple of DIS Dads. Took 2 hours to get seated and get a pizza. But they gave us a free salad for our trouble. :headache:

wow. awesome.
<sarcasm>

One of the dads was my "nemesis", and I've never let him hear the end of it. Maybe that's why he doesn't come around anymore.

You're fault!

But... was the pizza worth the wait?

But...

Beats me.

The objective is to get the pizza into your mouth. Any method you choose to accomplish said objective is okay with me.

I'll agree with that. I won't use a fork... but I really don't care how you, misinformed and uncouth though you may be, do it.

:rolleyes1

No. There's only one right way.

How to skin a cat

Oh, for the love of...

That was my point.

I was expecting all y'all to ignore it.

But...

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I stand corrected.

My executive summary:

Works for me. I typically go sans fork with NY-style pizza, but with fork for Chicago-style.

Speaking of cats, did you skin the cat that scratched the horse before it was beaten?

I firmly believe that the act of punting a football can directly trace its origins back to people who owned cats.

wow. awesome.
<sarcasm>

A salad. They were just piling on the insults at that point.

You're fault!

But... was the pizza worth the wait?

Sadly, no. Even our Chicago Dad said they were having an off night. My wife and I tried Giordano's on a different Chicago visit and liked that one better.

A salad. They were just piling on the insults at that point.

Cruel and unusual.

Sadly, no. Even our Chicago Dad said they were having an off night. My wife and I tried Giordano's on a different Chicago visit and liked that one better.

Hmmm...
I must say my first visit was amazingly good. My second... so-so. Will try Giordano's next time.

Oh, for the love of...

But...

My executive summary:

Yet someone will pop up with something to stir it up again. The first couple of times it was humorous but enough already. A couple of people still think it is funny. Huh?

Afternoon chaps, from a drizzly London. PTA meeting this evening. Playdate for the curly haired ninja this afternoon. That's all I got.

Drizzly and overcast down here. Cold front is moving through and the temp is expected to drop a couple of degrees. Should be a good weekend.

I firmly believe that the act of punting a football can directly trace its origins back to people who owned cats.

That is sooo true.

Before a Northwestern game when I visited Chicago last year, we brought home a pie from there. Man was that good, sorry yours wasn't. They will ship frozen pies to you but unfortunately, I don't have the space in the freezer.

They will ship frozen pies to you but unfortunately, I don't have the space in the freezer.
Wonder if they ship to Canada.......
Hmmm..... or.... I wonder if I can bring that through customs.
Must look into this.

Yet someone will pop up with something to stir it up again. The first couple of times it was humorous but enough already. A couple of people still think it is funny. Huh?
Actually...

No
I don't think its funny.
I think the whole thing is right asinine.
What I also thought was that we would just roll our eyes and wouldn't get into it like that over here.
I was wrong about that and apologize for bringing it up.

I'll be keeping my mouth shut around here for a while now.

Actually...

No
I don't think its funny.
I think the whole thing is right asinine.
What I also thought was that we would just roll our eyes and wouldn't get into it like that over here.
I was wrong about that and apologize for bringing it up.

I'll be keeping my mouth shut around here for a while now.

Evidently, it was me that should've shut my mouth. I was trying to make light of Captain Oblivious' comment about it being a dead horse and such. I stated it should not matter how you get the pizza into your mouth and more than 1 way to skin a cat. I'm not sure how something so trivial could result in an actual argument.

I'm sorry CJ (or others) if this was viewed as trying to stir up the argument...definitely NOT the case.

I'm a bit lost here.
You mean the forks and pizza thing caused a problem?
I assume this was on Facebook?

Don't see it as a problem here.

Everyone seems to be apologizing, which seems is a pretty decent response. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter