DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning Guys.

Getting some much needed rain up here today. Sucks that is is on the weekend but it hasn't rained much here this summer so bring it on.

Looks like today will be a quiet day, hope you are all having the same.

Have a good one.

Happy Saturday. Tennis this AM. Toe almost recovered. Played ok, but need to eat better and lose weight. Home for Premier League Stoke City vs Arsenal. Who we like, 007?

Morning Guys.

Getting some much needed rain up here today. Sucks that is is on the weekend but it hasn't rained much here this summer so bring it on.

Looks like today will be a quiet day, hope you are all having the same.

Have a good one.

Rained here as well. Too wet to cut the grass, so I'll wait to the hottest time of the day to cut it.

Just let me know when you are planning on being in Atlanta. I think more of the Gone with the wind would be found in Savannah, but I'll be happy to assist in ATL any way I can.

As far as things to see in ATL, it's not a big touristy type town. Travel hub and one of the busiest airports in the world, but not a lot of tourist things.

What type of things are you interested in?

Things I can think of off the top of my head:
Atlanta Aquarium
Stone Mountain
Kennesaw Mountain battlefield
World of Coke
CNN tour
Atlanta Zoo

Looking online, I found some others...
Fox theatre - I've seen several shows here, but didn't realize it was a "tourist" item
Atlanta Botanical Gardens
Swan house. I've lived here 21 years and hadn't heard of this, so no idea.
Centennial olympic park - I'm not sure there's much to it, but it's on the list
Atlanta History center
High museum of art
College football hall of fame
Walking dead big zombie tour
Atlanta's southern food tour
Swan House - you'll need to look this up. I've lived here 21 years and didn't know what this is
EDIT: I was trying to look this up to see what it is and came across an Atlanta Historical homes tour.
So, this might be the gone with the wind type thing she's looking for.
Centennial Olympic Park. In my opinion, not a lot to see here, but it's listed.
Atlanta History Center
High museum of Art
College football hall of fame
Walking dead big zombie tour
Atlanta's southern food tour

Several cathedrals, but I would think they'd pale in comparison to European cathedrals. Don't know.

There's also the Shakespeare Tavern Playhouse, if you want to see how poorly (or possibly how well) we do British style. :tongue:

If there's something in particular you're interested in, let me know and I'll try to find out more information for you.

I do not see The Varsity on your list. :sad2:

https://www.thevarsity.com/

Happy Saturday. Tennis this AM. Toe almost recovered. Played ok, but need to eat better and lose weight. Home for Premier League Stoke City vs Arsenal. Who we like, 007?

Stoke. Arsenal fans are famous for believing their team will win everything until January when it patently obvious they will win nothing. Man U are the team to watch this year. As much as I hate to say it. Enjoy the game mate.

Afternoon all. Got my two programs off and running this morning at the church. Everyone came out alive, so that is always good. Spent most of my time on paperwork, which always stinks, as forms are required that no one will ever review and have generic information like consent to swim. We don't have a pool and will never take them swimming. Hoorah for forms. I decided not to cut the grass out of pure laziness yesterday, and managed it today. Now, I just have tomorrow to deal with eclipse traffic, and then life can return to semi-normal.

Stoke. Arsenal fans are famous for believing their team will win everything until January when it patently obvious they will win nothing. Man U are the team to watch this year. As much as I hate to say it. Enjoy the game mate.

Stoke ended up winning it 1-0. They got a goal at the 2nd minute mark of the 2nd half, and then laid back in defense mode. Arsenal attacked the whole 2nd half, and the goal they had was called back on offsides. It was offsides on the replay in slow motion freeze frame, but then they didn't give them a PK on a foul in the box. I want the referee to be consistent either way. Still, a good match to enjoy the day off.

I'll cheer for West Ham for you until I see a team put together. The Chelsea team that won it a few years back featuring Hazard, Ozil, and Costa was fun to watch. Leicester City had a good year with Darcy wearing a Jamie Vardy mask, but it was more a Cinderella story as to that dominant Chelsea team.

Last edited:

forms are required that no one will ever review and have generic information like consent to swim. We don't have a pool and will never take them swimming. Hoorah for forms.

Good grief.... :sad2:

Now, I just have tomorrow to deal with eclipse traffic, and then life can return to semi-normal.

Define.... "normal"
(and good luck with the traffic!)

Top O the Mornin Dads! Happy eclipse day here, drove back from moving DS into school yesterday and traffic was normal (no eclipse tourists impact) thank goodness. Had a nice weekend getting the boy all settled in and enjoyed a couple of good meals with the 3 of us. Now back to the empty nest which is kinda nice though we miss the kids. They come back and when you get used to them being around all the time the place goes empty again. Enjoy the eclipse, it's kinda neat but not that into it like others.
Ok boys. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. It feels like an Old fashioned evening. Last one in the bar has to take Malificent home. And let me tell ya, she horny.
:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:
I'm on vacation, that is all.
Enjoy and safe travels

The Monday morning apocalypse has arrived. And, the crazy impacted my oldest, who is complaining that she couldn't breathe at HS this morning. They had a youth group last night at the church and she was playing with balloons, and of course, she has a latex allergy. She took Benadryl last night, so I can't imagine a 12 hour delayed allergic reaction. Now, the school is requiring a note from the Doctor before she can return. And, the doctor refuses to see her in case it is life threatening, so she has to go to the ER. :furious: I'm guessing the end story on this is a test or homework assignment she wanted to get out of. Or, perhaps allergic reactions do occur 12 hours later when an eclipse is involved. :headache: And, I'm an hour away on campus so DW gets to deal with all this craziness. Is it Tuesday yet?

Define.... "normal"
(and good luck with the traffic!)

Normal is going to a daily, life sucking job with no chance for advancement or fulfillment, distracting yourself with food, alcohol, and activities, while trying to save up enough money to go on vacation. Wow, that's majorly depressing.

A vacation after watching sports for the past two weeks, especially women's beach volleyball? Darcy figured it out with a real good career choice. Way to go!!! I'm still available for that highly paid, telecommuting, do nothing assistant position. :lmao:

Story of our lives there Normie.
You may want to address that before you try gettign Old Fashioned with Angelina. You are liable to pull something.

Nah. She needs to be prepared for the best 3 minutes of her life ..... :scared1:

Top O the Mornin Dads! Happy eclipse day here, drove back from moving DS into school yesterday and traffic was normal (no eclipse tourists impact) thank goodness. Had a nice weekend getting the boy all settled in and enjoyed a couple of good meals with the 3 of us. Now back to the empty nest which is kinda nice though we miss the kids. They come back and when you get used to them being around all the time the place goes empty again. Enjoy the eclipse, it's kinda neat but not that into it like others.

Glad to hear you missed the traffic. I'm ready for this apocalypse to be over. Or at least I could have been closer and rented out my house to really profit from it. But, it is nice that campus is providing everyone (students, staff) with solar glasses with lanyards (advertising) so that we can waste some time this afternoon. Yeah, tax money. I really need it to be Tuesday.

And it's cloudy and raining here. Looks like we'll have to postpone the eclipse. How does 2024 sound?

I've saw that thing going around on FB already. The path of the 2024 eclipse intersects the 2017 eclipse with an X over the USA on the earthquake fault line, which is a biblical prediction to the end of the world (eclipse, earthquakes). The only good news is that I hope to be retired by 2024, and even better if I'm in that Florida condo.

Well I'm taking my first official vacation day since starting my new job in June. Partly because I had a dentist appointment this morning and I just didn't want to bother going back in to work. Taking DW and youngest DD to a nature park for the afternoon. Hoping to see moose, caribou, and of course the elusive beaver - that's hard to find these days :-)

Enjoy the eclipse for those watching and those who can see it. It rained here this morning but clouds are thinning, might see a little darkening this afternoon but we're only getting about 30% cover here so nothing to get too excited about.

Well enjoy that, buddy. I'm sure you need a break from stretching your neck watching the women's volleyball.
Nah. She needs to be prepared for the best 3 minutes of her life ..... :scared1:
Twice? She's a lucky girl....

And, I'm an hour away on campus so DW gets to deal with all this craziness. Is it Tuesday yet?
Very nearly mate over here.......sorry for all your grief, hope the DD is OK
I'll cheer for West Ham for you until I see a team put together.
I wouldn't wish that on anybody mate, but thanks for the vibes.....
Correct. Once you've eaten there a time or two, the status of being a landmark is long lost with the trips to the restroom.
I take it from that that it may be wise to steer clear. We were looking to go through Athens, and it says there is one there. Stage one of the trip done, booked the Verdue in Charleston as a base for 4 nights. Then checked the flight prices. oof.

Have a magical day dads, and may your dole whip be as high as your dreams.

Well I'm taking my first official vacation day since starting my new job in June. Partly because I had a dentist appointment this morning and I just didn't want to bother going back in to work. Taking DW and youngest DD to a nature park for the afternoon. Hoping to see moose, caribou, and of course the elusive beaver - that's hard to find these days :-)

Good luck on the moose and caribou hunt. You're married now though, so it will more difficult to get ahold of that beaver. :sad2:

Twice? She's a lucky girl....

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

Very nearly mate over here.......sorry for all your grief, hope the DD is OK

Done with ER. She's fine. Dr said it could have been a leftover allergic reaction, or potentially the beginning of a virus. But, she didn't need epinephrine or anything like that. She's also a super hypochondriac. Now, the battle will be with the school. The school nurse says that she needs an epi-pen prescription to keep at school. The doctor said she didn't. She's never had a reaction bad enough to latex to need a epi-pen. She showers and takes a Benadryl and she is fine. We did the epi-pen prescription in the beginning, but we just had to keep going to dr and renew the prescription after they expired.

I take it from that that it may be wise to steer clear. We were looking to go through Athens, and it says there is one there. Stage one of the trip done, booked the Verdue in Charleston as a base for 4 nights. Then checked the flight prices. oof.

Have a magical day dads, and may your dole whip be as high as your dreams.

Well, some people love the varsity and I suspect it might be more for the cultural or historical aspect (it was one of the ONLY hangouts in Atlanta for kids years ago). It was the place to be years ago, but when I can get GOOD food for the same price or less, it's not what I'd want people to remember about Atlanta. I've been there twice in 21 years in ATL and it's not someplace I take visiting relatives or friends (or those I want to be friends) :rotfl2:

I put it in the same category as the big chicken in Marietta. Food is nothing special (still KFC), but it's a historical and/or area landmark and once you've seen it, you're left wondering what all the hype is about. Much easier to save gas money and just see: https://www.google.com/maps/@33.950...4!1swIM2DcsDNl8odwzHHRMdGQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Last edited:
The Monday morning apocalypse has arrived. And, the crazy impacted my oldest, who is complaining that she couldn't breathe at HS this morning. They had a youth group last night at the church and she was playing with balloons, and of course, she has a latex allergy. She took Benadryl last night, so I can't imagine a 12 hour delayed allergic reaction. Now, the school is requiring a note from the Doctor before she can return. And, the doctor refuses to see her in case it is life threatening, so she has to go to the ER. :furious: I'm guessing the end story on this is a test or homework assignment she wanted to get out of. Or, perhaps allergic reactions do occur 12 hours later when an eclipse is involved. :headache: And, I'm an hour away on campus so DW gets to deal with all this craziness. Is it Tuesday yet?

Ouch. And... sure! Let's call it a day. Everyone can leave work now.

Normal is going to a daily, life sucking job with no chance for advancement or fulfillment, distracting yourself with food, alcohol, and activities, while trying to save up enough money to go on vacation. Wow, that's majorly depressing.

Depressingly familiar.

Hoping to see moose, caribou, and of course the elusive beaver - that's hard to find these days :-)

:rolleyes1

Hey guys, I'm back from vacation. Hope you didn't trash the place too much in my absence. Had a great time meeting up with @cj9200 and @GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes along the way!

Well I'm taking my first official vacation day since starting my new job in June.

Congratulations! Sorry about the dentist appointment, but the rest of the afternoon sounds lovely.

Enjoy the eclipse for those watching and those who can see it.

I plan on taking a peek outside and noting, "Huh. Seems a little darker." Then going back inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!