DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning Guys.

Charity golf tournament today, my first golf game of the year. Glad it's a best ball.

Have a good one.
Good luck and best ball is always beneficial to getting back into it. I have also not swung the sticks yet this year. Waiting for the oppressive heat to back off to get back at it though. Just do not enjoy playing in 95 and humid.
‘Morning all…
Kid’s car fixed and paid for, weekend trip canceled, but at least last night’s dinner was entertaining…

View attachment 262681
Looks like a good time being had :thumbsup2
Sometimes “the foot” is about the only option.
May the operation run as smoothly as possible.
Thanks and why is it that the foot is still needed at this age?
And it won’t be any better today.
I prescribe shade, A/C and as much leisure as possible.
Hopefully this stuff will break in another day or two.
Great prescription but looks like we will be executing the move in in 90+ temps.[/QUOTE]

Top O the Mornin Dads! Short work week wraps up today with moving the boy to school tomorrow. DD made it back to her hubby in San Diego so all good there. Day job is becoming a real PITA these days as ya just can't fix stupid. Gonna likely miss Dan's call tomorrow so have a drink for me. Enjoy your weekends.

Wow, you just said what I was thinking. My boss literally just told me it doesn't matter what's in the logs, it's what the customer thinks.

So, I guess if I'm flying on a plane, it doesn't matter that all the evidence says I'm flying, if the customer thinks it's not flying, that's what matters.
I don't think there's an emoji strong enough to show the level of frustration and stupidity.

Happy Thursday. Management is triple dog daring down on eclipse stupidity. Apparently, there is an email from one manager to another manager back in June or July that said there would be no issues with traffic for the eclipse. Two months later, media outlets are advising people not to travel as hotels are filled, resources gone (food, gas), and 500,000 people expected to arrive in a town that has less than 100,000. But, they can use this email to get the other manager in trouble. So, I'll be stuck in traffic for school girl fights. Your government dollars at work.

I have no tips but it sounds nice. I promised my DW a 40th birthday trip but haven't been yet. Her 40th was last year. I guess I should work on that. I keep holding out hoping she'll agree to a Disney cruise, but she refuses any kind of cruise, doesn't like being out on the water.

It's frustrating when they leave their room in a mess. We've had more than one run in with DD17 about it.

At least you get out of spending $ for the big present? :lmao:

I've given up on clean rooms. DW didn't have to when she was younger, so she won't enforce that rule. She humors me by allowing me to make our bed and keep my half of the bedroom clean. She will insist we show clean when others come over for a visit. Me, I'd prefer it nice for me.

Just let me know when you are planning on being in Atlanta. I think more of the Gone with the wind would be found in Savannah, but I'll be happy to assist in ATL any way I can.

Things I can think of off the top of my head:
Atlanta Aquarium
Stone Mountain
Kennesaw Mountain battlefield
World of Coke
CNN tour
Atlanta Zoo

If there's something in particular you're interested in, let me know and I'll try to find out more information for you.

So, you're the official ATL disdad travel guide? Can you direct me thru traffic when we drive to WDW? :lmao:

Atlanta was way too big for me to live. Maybe i could have been adjusted to it 20 years ago. Now, i don't think i could handle it.

I liked both HHI and VB. HHI has a better ocean experience since it's a gradual transition and mostly sand. VB has more rocks and steeper slope of the shore.
Two things I didn't like about HHI
Have to take a shuttle to the beach (or a rather long walk)...the property is a bit inland.
The stains on my feet. The sand dollars are everywhere and when you walk on them (inevitable), your feet get stained purple - minor annoyance

The sea turtle nesting sites at VB are pretty cool if you're there during the right time.
Avoiding them on the jet ski was a bit nerve wracking.

We never did the jet ski, but we preferred VB to HHI. That walk is too far, and we were able to drive from the main house to beach house. Still, with VBR, no driving, just a short walk to beach access. I agree that HHI had a nicer beach, and we dinner at the beach house one night which was fun. But, waking up on the ocean is just better. And, that view from Green Cabin Room is the best.

‘Morning all…

Sorry…
Should have warned you to avert your eyes.
At least the women folk improve the scenery considerable.

You are truly mad…
I’ll give you more warning next time.

I wasn’t cooking (this time)… just picking up the tab.
Gathering of random strangers at a brew-pub where I live.
Make sure to order the Schnitzel sandwich when you do come down.

I suspected y’all were headed to the Panhandle.
Y’all be right in between the two major tourist centers there; should make for a relaxing stay
(and good prices are hard to pass

Glad you enjoyed dinner with Mark. Were all his kids there or did he keep them locked in the car? :lmao:

Yes, that spot of panhandle area isn't too touristy yet. If all goes well, maybe in an talk DW into buying a condo there. Gets us as Florida residents and 8 hours closer to WDW.

Last edited:
Alright boys, I'm trying to book the missus' 40th Birthday shizzle. She wants to do the Carolinas/Georgia as a bit of an Antebellum/Gone with the Wind thing. Any top tips? I was thinking fly into Atlanta, then Charleston, Savannah, Hilton Head and then into Orlando for a couple of nights before back out of MCO. Good? Any things I can't miss?

This sounds like a good trip. You have a couple of decent drives in there but it shouldn't be too bad. It's 4-5 hours from ATL to HHI and then from Savannah its about another 5 hours to Disney.
Savannah:
In Savannah I would stay near the river in the historic district. I think on the main side there is a Marriot and a Hyatt, across the river is a beautiful westin with a great view of the city and a ferry across to the main attractions.
Paula Deans sons have a restaurant called the Mother and Sons ( I think its pretty popular)
My parents did one of the pirate tours and found that very interesting
My kinds love stopping for treats at River City Sweets

HHI:
Disney HHI is nice, but there is no sit down restaurant on property. It's also about a mile bike ride or walk to the beach. You'll have a car and there is parking at the Beach house too. We liked Disney HHI, but you might want to look into an ocean front hotel. While the theming won't be the same as Disney it might have a neat ocean view and will probably be less expensive.
We've only been a couple of times.
I would plan on renting a bike. The whole islands is very bikeable and you can ride on the beach in the evenings.
Salty Dog is the most well known restaurant on the island. It's not bad but the locals will tell you better places to get seafood.
We really enjoyed our kayaking excursion.
We also enjoyed the walking tour of HHI in the morning.
Depending on how much time you have I might looking at taking a boat excursion from one of the marina's here.

Charleston:
I got nothing. DW has been there a couple of times on girls weekends and loved it.

Thanks very much guys, I'll PM you if that's OK when I've got a bit more of my head round it. I think the plan is to land in Atlanta, stay a night or so and then go to Savannah & Charleston as bases to see stuff from while we work our way down to Orlando and then fly out from there.
That will work; just holler when you're ready.
The Charleston/Savannah region is basically in my neck of the woods.
We've been down there plenty and I've got tons of notes on the area, but it would be best to know what y'all want to get out of it before I start burying you in the details.

'Cause they still haven't outgrown the brain-damage of youth yet.
Some of 'em never do outgrow it, sad to say.

Glad you enjoyed dinner with Mark. Were all his kids there or did he keep them locked in the car? :lmao:
It was an excellent evening indeed; kids and all.
I purposely picked a spot with enough activity and mayhem to make it so the young'ens couldn't stand out much.
And they did fine indeed (mostly I believe they were just glad to be out of the van for a spell).

Hey guys. Crazy right now getting stuff done before I leave for Myrtle Beach. Have to run some errands and packing to do tomorrow and then off on Saturday. If I don't check in, hopefully everyone has a good weekend.

Hey guys. Crazy right now getting stuff done before I leave for Myrtle Beach. Have to run some errands and packing to do tomorrow and then off on Saturday. If I don't check in, hopefully everyone has a good weekend.
You too CJ. We'll be here when you get back. Hope you have a great time in darkness.

Thanks very much guys, I'll PM you if that's OK when I've got a bit more of my head round it. I think the plan is to land in Atlanta, stay a night or so and then go to Savannah & Charleston as bases to see stuff from while we work our way down to Orlando and then fly out from there. Trying to get 2 and a bit weeks out of it all. I was pushing to make it 3 and get down to Miami, but I think we are gonna struggle to do that.
:thumbsup2

It was an excellent evening indeed; kids and all.
I purposely picked a spot with enough activity and mayhem to make it so the young'ens couldn't stand out much.
And they did fine indeed (mostly I believe they were just glad to be out of the van for a spell).

That's always a winner - get out of the cramped van. :lmao: Maybe one year we will drive over ourselves on a DisDad tour.

Have a great weekend. My last chance to win the lotto this weekend so I don't have to drive into the eclipse. Maybe I'll get some powers like in that tv show Heroes. :sad2:

You too CJ. We'll be here when you get back. Hope you have a great time in darkness.

:lmao:

Happy Thursday. Management is triple dog daring down on eclipse stupidity. Apparently, there is an email from one manager to another manager back in June or July that said there would be no issues with traffic for the eclipse. Two months later, media outlets are advising people not to travel as hotels are filled, resources gone (food, gas), and 500,000 people expected to arrive in a town that has less than 100,000. But, they can use this email to get the other manager in trouble. So, I'll be stuck in traffic for school girl fights. Your government dollars at work.
So, because the one manager thought there would be no issues, be ostriches? Wow, just wow!

So, you're the official ATL disdad travel guide? Can you direct me thru traffic when we drive to WDW? :lmao:

Atlanta was way too big for me to live. Maybe i could have been adjusted to it 20 years ago. Now, i don't think i could handle it.
I would be happy to be the official ATL disdad travel guide. I already told y'all my house is open as a pit stop if you need it.
As for traffic...3am. No more need be said.

We never did the jet ski, but we preferred VB to HHI. That walk is too far, and we were able to drive from the main house to beach house. Still, with VBR, no driving, just a short walk to beach access. I agree that HHI had a nicer beach, and we dinner at the beach house one night which was fun. But, waking up on the ocean is just better. And, that view from Green Cabin Room is the best.
We took the shuttle, to/from the beach.
Green cabin room?

I have no tips but it sounds nice. I promised my DW a 40th birthday trip but haven't been yet. Her 40th was last year. I guess I should work on that. I keep holding out hoping she'll agree to a Disney cruise, but she refuses any kind of cruise, doesn't like being out on the water.
My missus is the same mate. But to be fair, so am I. I know Mike loves a cruise, but I can't get my head round it. My uncle loves 'em, he's been all over the place with them. I just don't think its for me.
Hilton Head Island has a Disney Resort that works off those DVC points
That's what I was thinking mate, it looks like its about 18 points a night. That'll work.
Really? I have another 15 years of moaning about cleaning up after themselves?
Hey guys. Crazy right now getting stuff done before I leave for Myrtle Beach.
Let us know how it is mate, that's on the hit list for the April trip. enjoy your time up there.

Thanks for all the tips boys, it really is appreciated. Have a good afternoon, and I'll try and call it early tomorrow.
London out.

Safe travels and enjoy the eclipse. Company is making a thing of it with pizza for everyone and buying protective glasses so everyone can watch it..
Really? I have another 15 years of moaning about cleaning up after themselves?
Yepper! It only gets worse when they go away to school where they can do what they want cause you're not there to hound them so when they come back home they think they can still do what ever they want :sad2:

Morning Guys, welcome to Friday.

Had a nice day at the golf course yesterday. We still haven't be given the total raised for our KidSport Charity but the crowd seemed to be spending some money.

Really looking forward to the weekend to get caught up on some rest. It's been a hectic 4 weeks and it's starting to catch up to me. Hopefully there won't be along list this weekend. Headed out for a few days of vacation on Monday; planning on heading into southern Maine and maybe New Hampshire for cheap booze. You have to have priorities, right?

Have a good one all.

Wow, you just said what I was thinking. My boss literally just told me it doesn't matter what's in the logs, it's what the customer thinks.

So, I guess if I'm flying on a plane, it doesn't matter that all the evidence says I'm flying, if the customer thinks it's not flying, that's what matters.
I don't think there's an emoji strong enough to show the level of frustration and stupidity.

:sad2:

Apparently, there is an email from one manager to another manager back in June or July that said there would be no issues with traffic for the eclipse

:sad2:

I fear for our race.

Ok boys. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. It feels like an Old fashioned evening. Last one in the bar has to take Malificent home. And let me tell ya, she horny.

Last one in the bar has to take Malificent home. And let me tell ya, she horny.

Smileycoffeespit_zps78mxykvg.gif

Happy Friday. I get to enjoy a day before the mayhem begins. Religious Education programs start back up Sunday. Eclipse traffic nightmare Monday. I may call it by Tuesday.

Good luck and best ball is always beneficial to getting back into it. I have also not swung the sticks yet this year. Waiting for the oppressive heat to back off to get back at it though. Just do not enjoy playing in 95 and humid.
]

Oppressive heat at 95? C'mon man! Let's go warmer so there's no more snow.

Maybe your management is both father and grandfather of my management? :sad2: :lmao:

We took the shuttle, to/from the beach.
Green cabin room?

Green Cabin Room is bar/lounge at VBR.

Ok boys. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. It feels like an Old fashioned evening. Last one in the bar has to take Malificent home. And let me tell ya, she horny.

:rotfl:

Thanks Dan. Me and Angelina go way back. I'll go Old Fashioned with her. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!