DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning all. Not feeling particularly spry today, and will skip the gym for tennis tonight. Time for another haircut. My life is wonderfully boring right now, and looking forward to a week on the beach in October.

So, what you're saying is it's like Charlie Brown...
All she hears is waaa wwwaaa wwaaa wwaaa wwaaa.

If that. She just wants to get in the last word, so she's busy thinking and not listening.

Morning Gents.

May you Wednesday be humpy.

That's a nice offer, but I'll decline it from you. :lmao:

Morning. Last day of 6 shifts in 5 days. Then a day off... maybe... then a shift. Then a day off, then back to the regular grind.

So... Wednesday? What the heck is a Wednesday?

Got it. Back to those long days. I remember you posting before about extra shifts and little time off. Good luck, and hope it's temporary. Just focus on how much money you're making and can enjoy when you're dead. :sad2: :lmao:

Got it. Back to those long days. I remember you posting before about extra shifts and little time off. Good luck, and hope it's temporary. Just focus on how much money you're making and can enjoy when you're dead. :sad2: :lmao:

Hopefully just a speedbump.

Afternoon Centurions.

So, anyone remember how it feels when the prettiest girl at the gym walks over to talk to you? YUP! That happened to me today. What an ego surge.
Then, she asks me if i know when HS swim season starts. Ego deflated. :sad2:
It's better now. :lmao:
:rotfl:That's what's known as an opener, Norm. She was proper hitting on you.
Mine is still to be pulled off.
You and me both mate. As Cliff said, sometimes the jokes just write themselves.
seriously?
Yep, a couple from New York moved in. Their daughter lives round the corner, I think she married an English guy. They are about 65ish, I looked at them and said "You chose this over Florida?". I'll try and find out what his teams are over the weekend, we gonna try and do the neighbourly thing and invite them in for a drink.

‘Morning all…
Mind the heat today gents. It’s reaching abusive levels down this way.

I’m hosting a bunch of random strangers for dinner tonight.
If you can make it down here by then, I might just pick up your tab as well.
Limited time offer, so ya’ best get to traveling.

Sorry about the boys car and messing with your plans. I was shaking my head this weekend saying these kids will be 35 or 40 and I will still be taking care of them in some way - doesn't seem to end does it :rotfl2:
Nope…
And it’ll be quite some time before we even come close to catching up.
Once he’s got his own source of income it’ll help a bit, but even that is off a ways into the future.

Morning. Last day of 6 shifts in 5 days. Then a day off... maybe... then a shift. Then a day off, then back to the regular grind.
Good Lord Man!
That makes me exhausted just reading it.

My life is wonderfully boring right now, and looking forward to a week on the beach in October.
Sometimes boring ain’t all that bad.
Which beach?
We’re hopefully headed for to the coast a spell ourselves in late September.

Don't worry I wasn't offering it to anyone here. Good group but not that kind of group.
Thanks for the clarification.
I was getting just a mite worried.

I'll try and find out what his teams are over the weekend, we gonna try and do the neighbourly thing and invite them in for a drink.
You’d make a good South’nr (honerary, of course)…
I might have to look into retiring to y’all’s neighborhood myself.

You and me both mate. As Cliff said, sometimes the jokes just write themselves.
I guess the joke's on me...I was talking about my surprise for my mom is still to be pulled off (not done yet).

Yep, a couple from New York moved in. Their daughter lives round the corner, I think she married an English guy. They are about 65ish, I looked at them and said "You chose this over Florida?". I'll try and find out what his teams are over the weekend, we gonna try and do the neighbourly thing and invite them in for a drink.

No offense to any New Yawkahs, but good...two less snow birds in FL. :lmao:
Actually, getting away from NY city, it's beautiful contryside. I would prefer FL (as most on these boards would, I suspect), but maybe they don't like hot weather?

Last edited:

Dang! You're in SC.... that's a 24(ish) hour drive..... I think I might be late...

(Given a bit more lead time.... I'd probably do it.)

‘Morning all…

You’d make a good South’nr (honerary, of course)…
I might have to look into retiring to y’all’s neighborhood myself.
Why thank you sir. Y'all would be most welcome. We only need a few more and we'll have a Super Bowl party going.....
I'll fire up the smoker and the pizza oven.

Alright boys, I'm trying to book the missus' 40th Birthday shizzle. She wants to do the Carolinas/Georgia as a bit of an Antebellum/Gone with the Wind thing. Any top tips? I was thinking fly into Atlanta, then Charleston, Savannah, Hilton Head and then into Orlando for a couple of nights before back out of MCO. Good? Any things I can't miss?

Alright boys, I'm trying to book the missus' 40th Birthday shizzle. She wants to do the Carolinas/Georgia as a bit of an Antebellum/Gone with the Wind thing. Any top tips? I was thinking fly into Atlanta, then Charleston, Savannah, Hilton Head and then into Orlando for a couple of nights before back out of MCO. Good? Any things I can't miss?
There's a whole lot of possibilities there. As for what may or may not be "can't miss", that can vary a mite depending on what interests you. I know what I love getting into in those cites but that doesn't necessarily mean that y'all will love those exact things.

I take it from the GWTW reference that She'd be interested in seeing a historic plantation or two and maybe some of the period residences. After that are you interested in some time on the shore, major parks, cultural or social icons, military or revolutionary historical sites? Anything culinary that you'd specifically be interested in? What kind of subjects catch your attention? Also, do you already have an idea or two of specific things that you know you'd like to see or experience that might allow me to note other points near those spots? Let me know what you thinking and I'll be happy to send entirely too much information and detail your way.

Don't worry I wasn't offering it to anyone here. Good group but not that kind of group.

I don't think the clarification was needed. :sad2:

There goes the neighborhood.

Sometimes boring ain’t all that bad.
Which beach?
We’re hopefully headed for to the coast a spell ourselves in late September.

What's on the menu? I'm not likely to make it either way, but curious.

Miramar Beach. Some people from church have a condo on the beach. They are giving us a really good price.

Atlanta to Orlando is a long drive - 6 hours+. You really want to do that? I don't know anything about Atlanta other than a baseball or football game. Hilton Head Island has a Disney Resort that works off those DVC points. I liked Vero Beach DVC resort better. But HHI has a main house/ beach house thing going which was fun.

Afternoon fellas. DD headed back home this afternoon so a bit of a bummer day for everyone around here. Full mode operation "move him back" under way next couple of days including my foot in a special place of DS as he did not think that having his room cleaned "completely" before heading back to school was a requirement :headache:
Morning all. Not feeling particularly spry today, and will skip the gym for tennis tonight. Time for another haircut. My life is wonderfully boring right now, and looking forward to a week on the beach in October.
Boring can be o.k. most of the time. Hitting withdrawals as we are not going anywhere til next summer. Paying back savings from DD wedding and keeping some things open in the event we decide to go visit DD once they get settled in DC over the holidays or spring break.
‘Morning all…

Rather nasty here today and am ready for fall football weather - shorts and a sweatshirt type weather. Now you tell me about dinner, sorry too late for me to make it but thanks for the invite.

Morning all...

Random chance is a quirky thing.
Had a nice couples trip planned out for this coming weekend, but then I got a call from the young'en.
Seems his car stranded him on the side of the road belching steam. Spent yesterday getting it hauled back down here to a mechanic I can trust. There's a bill that I wasn't anticipating and will pretty much wipe out the funds I had set aside.
Well, I guess fate works in mysterious ways. Too bad to hear your getaway is off the table.

Watched Bad Santa 2 today. I didn't think anything could be worse than the first Bad Santa. I was wrong. I laughed and was disgusted at the same time.
I barely made it through the first one. Never attempted the second.

I have no tips but it sounds nice. I promised my DW a 40th birthday trip but haven't been yet. Her 40th was last year. I guess I should work on that. I keep holding out hoping she'll agree to a Disney cruise, but she refuses any kind of cruise, doesn't like being out on the water.

Full mode operation "move him back" under way next couple of days including my foot in a special place of DS as he did not think that having his room cleaned "completely" before heading back to school was a requirement :headache:
It's frustrating when they leave their room in a mess. We've had more than one run in with DD17 about it.

Just let me know when you are planning on being in Atlanta. I think more of the Gone with the wind would be found in Savannah, but I'll be happy to assist in ATL any way I can.

As far as things to see in ATL, it's not a big touristy type town. Travel hub and one of the busiest airports in the world, but not a lot of tourist things.

What type of things are you interested in?

Things I can think of off the top of my head:
Atlanta Aquarium
Stone Mountain
Kennesaw Mountain battlefield
World of Coke
CNN tour
Atlanta Zoo

Looking online, I found some others...
Fox theatre - I've seen several shows here, but didn't realize it was a "tourist" item
Atlanta Botanical Gardens
Swan house. I've lived here 21 years and hadn't heard of this, so no idea.
Centennial olympic park - I'm not sure there's much to it, but it's on the list
Atlanta History center
High museum of art
College football hall of fame
Walking dead big zombie tour
Atlanta's southern food tour
Swan House - you'll need to look this up. I've lived here 21 years and didn't know what this is
EDIT: I was trying to look this up to see what it is and came across an Atlanta Historical homes tour.
So, this might be the gone with the wind type thing she's looking for.
Centennial Olympic Park. In my opinion, not a lot to see here, but it's listed.
Atlanta History Center
High museum of Art
College football hall of fame
Walking dead big zombie tour
Atlanta's southern food tour

Several cathedrals, but I would think they'd pale in comparison to European cathedrals. Don't know.

There's also the Shakespeare Tavern Playhouse, if you want to see how poorly (or possibly how well) we do British style. :tongue:

If there's something in particular you're interested in, let me know and I'll try to find out more information for you.

Last edited:
Morning Guys.

Charity golf tournament today, my first golf game of the year. Glad it's a best ball.

Have a good one.

Atlanta to Orlando is a long drive - 6 hours+. You really want to do that? I don't know anything about Atlanta other than a baseball or football game. Hilton Head Island has a Disney Resort that works off those DVC points. I liked Vero Beach DVC resort better. But HHI has a main house/ beach house thing going which was fun.

I live a bit north of Atlanta, so that adds about 20 minutes, but I've never made it to Orlando in under 7, so 6 is flying even more than I do. :lmao:

I liked both HHI and VB. HHI has a better ocean experience since it's a gradual transition and mostly sand. VB has more rocks and steeper slope of the shore.
Two things I didn't like about HHI
Have to take a shuttle to the beach (or a rather long walk)...the property is a bit inland.
The stains on my feet. The sand dollars are everywhere and when you walk on them (inevitable), your feet get stained purple - minor annoyance

The sea turtle nesting sites at VB are pretty cool if you're there during the right time.
Avoiding them on the jet ski was a bit nerve wracking.

‘Morning all…
Kid’s car fixed and paid for, weekend trip canceled, but at least last night’s dinner was entertaining…

zIMG_0261.jpg

Sorry…
Should have warned you to avert your eyes.
At least the women folk improve the scenery considerable.

Dang! You're in SC.... that's a 24(ish) hour drive..... I think I might be late...

(Given a bit more lead time.... I'd probably do it.)
You are truly mad…
I’ll give you more warning next time.

What's on the menu? I'm not likely to make it either way, but curious.
I wasn’t cooking (this time)… just picking up the tab.
Gathering of random strangers at a brew-pub where I live.
Make sure to order the Schnitzel sandwich when you do come down.

Miramar Beach. Some people from church have a condo on the beach. They are giving us a really good price.
I suspected y’all were headed to the Panhandle.
Y’all be right in between the two major tourist centers there; should make for a relaxing stay
(and good prices are hard to pass up).

Full mode operation "move him back" under way next couple of days including my foot in a special place of DS as he did not think that having his room cleaned "completely" before heading back to school was a requirement :headache:
Sometimes “the foot” is about the only option.
May the operation run as smoothly as possible.

Rather nasty here today and am ready for fall football weather - shorts and a sweatshirt type weather. Now you tell me about dinner, sorry too late for me to make it but thanks for the invite.
And it won’t be any better today.
I prescribe shade, A/C and as much leisure as possible.
Hopefully this stuff will break in another day or two.

Morning Guys.

Charity golf tournament today, my first golf game of the year. Glad it's a best ball.

Have a good one.
Stinks to be you today, don’t it.
But I’m sure you can tough it out.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Short work week wraps up today with moving the boy to school tomorrow. DD made it back to her hubby in San Diego so all good there. Day job is becoming a real PITA these days as ya just can't fix stupid. Gonna likely miss Dan's call tomorrow so have a drink for me. Enjoy your weekends.

There's a whole lot of possibilities there. As for what may or may not be "can't miss", that can vary a mite depending on what interests you. I know what I love getting into in those cites but that doesn't necessarily mean that y'all will love those exact things.

I take it from the GWTW reference that She'd be interested in seeing a historic plantation or two and maybe some of the period residences. After that are you interested in some time on the shore, major parks, cultural or social icons, military or revolutionary historical sites? Anything culinary that you'd specifically be interested in? What kind of subjects catch your attention? Also, do you already have an idea or two of specific things that you know you'd like to see or experience that might allow me to note other points near those spots? Let me know what you thinking and I'll be happy to send entirely too much information and detail your way.
Just let me know when you are planning on being in Atlanta. I think more of the Gone with the wind would be found in Savannah, but I'll be happy to assist in ATL any way I can.

As far as things to see in ATL, it's not a big touristy type town. Travel hub and one of the busiest airports in the world, but not a lot of tourist things.
Thanks very much guys, I'll PM you if that's OK when I've got a bit more of my head round it. I think the plan is to land in Atlanta, stay a night or so and then go to Savannah & Charleston as bases to see stuff from while we work our way down to Orlando and then fly out from there. Trying to get 2 and a bit weeks out of it all. I was pushing to make it 3 and get down to Miami, but I think we are gonna struggle to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!