DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning Guys, welcome to Monday.

Pretty quiet weekend after Friday night. Stayed pretty close to home most of the weekend, did a few chores but nothing to heavy. Played soccer last night and ended in a 0 - 0 draw. Good run on a very warm night.

DS is taking a driver course for the next four days, man they are expensive!

Have a good one!

Well, our chances have ended. We had our own destiny in hand - win and in the finals. Sadly, we lost 2-3 today, which meant there were three teams at a 3-1 W/L record, and we lost on the # matches won tiebreak by two. I won again today, so my record was 3-1 this year, better than 2-1 last year. Still, it stinks to be so close to the finals and come up short.

Morning all. To make matters worse from yesterday, I re-injured my already injured knee yesterday. I knew when I did it during the match (up 3-1 in 2nd set), but played through it to win the match. My wife drove home, and I thought it maybe just stiffened up due to the long car ride, and ice, elevation, amd consuming alcohol would help. Nope. I can barely walk on it.

Good showing; you'll get'em next year. Sorry to hear about the knee, sounds like an excuse to stay home today.

Head down to Orlando tomorrow for sailing on Wednesday so likely won't be here the next few weeks. May post some on that other site. I did want to pass on a bit of WTH that the boy reported from AK today - The Dawa bar no longer has tables and chairs, just tall boy small tables to stand at? Other than that unfortunate bit of news DS reports that Pandora is really cool and that FLight of Passage is "unbeleivable". Everyone south of the Border and West of London have a great and safe 4th of July!
Well, our chances have ended. We had our own destiny in hand - win and in the finals. Sadly, we lost 2-3 today, which meant there were three teams at a 3-1 W/L record, and we lost on the # matches won tiebreak by two. I won again today, so my record was 3-1 this year, better than 2-1 last year. Still, it stinks to be so close to the finals and come up short.
Sounds like a good time and solid result.
Morning all. To make matters worse from yesterday, I re-injured my already injured knee yesterday. I knew when I did it during the match (up 3-1 in 2nd set), but played through it to win the match. My wife drove home, and I thought it maybe just stiffened up due to the long car ride, and ice, elevation, amd consuming alcohol would help. Nope. I can barely walk on it.
Until.................. reading this. Sorry 'bout the injury and hopefully just a result of more than the body is used to not a structural injury.
Beautiful day here today, 26C/79F sunny with a light breeze. Did some yard work, had to cut down a little maple on the front lawn that lost too many branches after a hard winter. Also helped my parents start their move into a new condo. Nice little place and no more worry about mowing the grass or shovelling snow.
Good deal for the parents and hope they enjoy the new living situation.

Last edited:
'Afternoon gents...
Back from a week on the coast. Which also means that it's back to work again.
It's nearly as bad a transition as when we got back from WDW.
Clearly I need to find a way to remain on vacation.

So, who's team is 3-0 going into tomorrow's match? Yes, this guy. We have one each match 3-2. My brilliant Captain strategy and recruiting have done so well. So yes, that now makes me a Captain.

On my individual effort, I am 2-1 this tournament in doubles. Had a bad first match this AM and couldn't adjust to the wind. Team dinner tonight. I'm hoping we can make the finals tomorrow.

Congrats on the great start.

I just want to say for the record, I did not start it in either thread so I'm NOT the common denominator.
Im gonna have to disagree with you on that one there. That is the definition of common denominator, you are the only guy in both conversations.

Tough break.

Hope the knee heals up soon. I feel your pain. 3-4 weeks ago I re-hurt mine officiating soccer and haven't had a chance to lay off of it to heal up. Then I went yesterday with youngest DD for laser tag(and yes I went full on Barney Stinson, its the only way I know to play). I'm sure that helped judging by the beautiful shade of purple it turned when it swelled up.
th

Thanks for the wishes on the knee. It is the one with the partial meniscus tear. I didn't hear anything pop, and i don't remember any awkward motions, except that I did twist when I hit the ball. So, I just hope it is some overuse on the existing injury and it finally caught up to me after so many days. I found my stash of methyl-prednisone in the medicine cabinet I had been saving for such an occasion. It seems to be working. I managed to cut the grass, and it didn't hurt too bad with the straight line motion. Sitting awhile and re-starting seems to be the most difficult.

Good showing; you'll get'em next year. Sorry to hear about the knee, sounds like an excuse to stay home today.

Good play on the pitch.

Head down to Orlando tomorrow for sailing on Wednesday so likely won't be here the next few weeks. May post some on that other site. I did want to pass on a bit of WTH that the boy reported from AK today - The Dawa bar no longer has tables and chairs, just tall boy small tables to stand at? Other than that unfortunate bit of news DS reports that Pandora is really cool and that FLight of Passage is "unbeleivable". Everyone south of the Border and West of London have a great and safe 4th of July!

What? Dan has to skip the 4th of July? Have the calendars been re-numbered? :lmao:

Have a great trip.

'Afternoon gents...

In order to qualify for your permanent vacation, your three opportunities are lotto winner, professional assassin, or male stripper. Choose wisely. :lmao:

Tough break.

Hope the knee heals up soon. I feel your pain. 3-4 weeks ago I re-hurt mine officiating soccer and haven't had a chance to lay off of it to heal up. Then I went yesterday with youngest DD for laser tag(and yes I went full on Barney Stinson, its the only way I know to play). I'm sure that helped judging by the beautiful shade of purple it turned when it swelled up.

Well of course. You play to win the game!

Sounds like your knee is doing a little better. Hope it continues to improve. If not, there's always alcohol.

Oh yes, don't I know it. And just wait until the insurance kicks in!

Head down to Orlando tomorrow for sailing on Wednesday so likely won't be here the next few weeks. May post some on that other site.
Enjoy your trip. I'll be watching the other site for any updates.

The good thing is course will reduce the insurance. The bad thing is we still haven't sold DW's Grand Cherokee so we are paying for insurance on 3 vehicles right now.

Enjoy your trip. I'll be watching the other site for any updates

Everyone south of the Border and West of London have a great and safe 4th of July!
Enjoy your cruise mate. Nice to see you on the other site.
Sitting awhile and re-starting seems to be the most difficult.
I would ease up on the re-start part of that, and go to the medicinal bourbon. Hope its starts easing off.
The good thing is course will reduce the insurance. The bad thing is we still haven't sold DW's Grand Cherokee so we are paying for insurance on 3 vehicles right now.
Its ridiculous over here. a 20 year old will attract a premium of about 1800 GBP, on a Fiat 500, which is basically a moped with 4 wheels.
What? Dan has to skip the 4th of July? Have the calendars been re-numbered? :lmao:
Yep, our calendars say 3rd July, Meh, 5th July. So make merry on High Treason day. Shame on you all (apart from Darcy and Jeff, obviously) and glory to our most Benevolent Majesty, Elizabeth.

Afternoon All,

I am declaring this Terrific Tuesday!

Just came back from the consult with the orthopedic surgeon and he has declared DS fit to play. Turns out the fracture was a Type A fracture which he described as similar to a sprain but better. Another x-ray should everything healed so he can start back with some light workouts at tonight's practice.

Afternoon All,

Just came back from the consult with the orthopedic surgeon and he has declared DS fit to play. Turns out the fracture was a Type A fracture which he described as similar to a sprain but better. Another x-ray should everything healed so he can start back with some light workouts at tonight's practice.
Great news mate. Fortune favours the non-treasonous.

Last edited:
Hmm. It's the first time that I ran across this thread. On January 19 of this year, I officially joined with my first born son. Most of the other criteria, I already met.

Glad to be a part of the club.

Hmm. It's the first time that I ran across this thread. On January 19 of this year, I officially joined with my first born son. Most of the other criteria, I already met.

Welcome. Pull up a chair. With a 5 month old, take a nap. Most of the other guys do anyway. Beer's in the fridge.

In order to qualify for your permanent vacation, your three opportunities are lotto winner, professional assassin, or male stripper. Choose wisely. :lmao:
Option-C in not in anyone’s best interest and the odds are heavily against Option-A.
So, I suppose that pretty much determines my new retirement plan.

We’re paying for four vehicles right now.
Interestingly, it’s not that much more expensive that it was with three.

Its ridiculous over here. a 20 year old will attract a premium of about 1800 GBP, on a Fiat 500, which is basically a moped with 4 wheels.
Is that 1800 a monthly or yearly amount?
It’s certainly high, but I’m trying to figure out how to compare it to what we tend to see down this way.

Yep, our calendars say 3rd July, Meh, 5th July. So make merry on High Treason day. Shame on you all (apart from Darcy and Jeff, obviously) and glory to our most Benevolent Majesty, Elizabeth.
I’m working that day, so “Meh” kind’a fits anyway.

As for the treason bit of it…
As a people, we’re quite good at that particular vocation.
Given the state of things, would you really want to try and govern such a mob?

I’d say that qualifies as: terrific.
May he continue to recover quickly and return to the performance levels we know he’s capable of.

I don’t know…
It seems to me that the more dishonorable one is, the more lavishly they are rewarded.
Far too many examples back up this observation.

:welcome:
To the club!

:welcome:
To parenthood!

That first step is a doozy.
I’m sure y’all have already gotten into the swing of young’en raisin’, but if I could offer one wish for you it would be this:

May the child get to the point of sleeping through the night as quickly as possible.
(It took our boy better than 22 months to learn that trick. Long months they were).

God save the Queen!
“We mean it, man…”

Is that 1800 a monthly or yearly amount?
It’s certainly high, but I’m trying to figure out how to compare it to what we tend to see down this way.
Yearly. On a 500cc car.
I don’t know…
It seems to me that the more dishonorable one is, the more lavishly they are rewarded.
Or, treason never prospers, because if its successful, no-one can call it treason.

Not much going on down here with me. The Pirate Princess has an interesting day tomorrow. She will be Captain of the boat on shark tagging trip. Not only that but they will be manually tracking a shark they tag. That means following where the shark goes in whatever direction it decides to go. Check the news tomorrow, she could end up in Cuba.

Sorry for the loss but even more so on the knee. Hope it heals quickly.

Yea but it saves on the aggravation on teaching him yourself.

Head down to Orlando tomorrow for sailing on Wednesday so likely won't be here the next few weeks.

Have a blast.

'Afternoon gents...

If you figure it out, let me know. Would love that plan.

No taxation without representation, you Tory.

That is great news. Bet he is a happy camper right now.

Welcome. My daughter was born on Jan. 19. Enjoy fatherhood. Wish I could tell you it gets easier as time passes but my mother said to never lie. You are in for a wild but enjoyable ride.

Happy Tuesday. Stopped by both offices today and accomplished what was needed. Oldest is at a church leadership program for the week and it has been really peaceful.

Sounds like your knee is doing a little better. Hope it continues to improve. If not, there's always alcohol.

Yeah, I downed the whole St Bernudus Abt 12 when I got home Sunday. I was feeling better for sure.

I still have the Tumbler (Aztec). It's nice to have a 3rd vehicle to haul stuff. Plus, oldest turns 16 in January, so it just made sense to hold onto it.

:lmao:

It's always good to hear another prospective. If you say Obama or Trump in USA, it's likely 50% of the people are ready for revolution.

:lmao:

For the record, I never committed treason.

Welcome. Dues are payable in dole whips, bacon, beer, or cake. You mail 820+ to me and I'll send them to all the guys. It always works. Our CBO will be around to give you a member # soon enough. Do you have a trip booked yet? We waited until 15 months old before we took the offspring.

Option-C in not in anyone’s best interest and the odds are heavily against Option-A.
So, I suppose that pretty much determines my new retirement plan.

…”

Same here. I thought about Option C so people would pay me money to put my clothes back on. I'm afraid they would pay for the hitman instead.

Not much going on down here with me. The Pirate Princess has an interesting day tomorrow. She will be Captain of the boat on shark tagging trip. Not only that but they will be manually tracking a shark they tag. That means following where the shark goes in whatever direction it decides to go. Check the news tomorrow, she could end up in Cuba.

Hope she drives the boat better than the car. Otherwise, she'll have a new nickname - shipwrecked.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Bit rough getting into Orlando last night due to storms. Had to divert to Tampa for refueling and then flew through the soup to finally get in. Staying at airport Hyatt and heading to Port Canaveral about 9:30. Have a good couple of weeks and will try to check in on the other site.
'Afternoon gents...
Welcome back, I think?
Enjoy your trip. I'll be watching the other site for any updates.
Thanks, will do my best
Enjoy your cruise mate. Nice to see you on the other site
Thanks and thanks. Your little guy with Darth Vader cracked me up
Afternoon All,

Great News!,

Welcome (see random post above from Walt)
We'll pick her up later today on the Fantasy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter