DCL Should reward frequent cruisers

Miss Eeyore

<font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>D
Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE DCL, and choose to cruise Disney as frequently as our DVC points let us but......

DCL should have a rewards program that <really> trwards its frequent cruisers. I do appreciate the small token left in our stateroom, but would appreciate even more an effort on their part to let me know that they appreciate our loyalty to their line. We are frequent cruise members on three other lines, and it was an offer from Princess yesterday that got me thinking about this. I was offered a cruise on their brand neew ships, either to Alaska or in the Caribbean. A ten day verdandah stateroom cruise was priced lower than our March outside Eastern on the Magic....that is a huge savings.

I realize that DCL does not have to provide this level of $$$ savings since their ships sail nearly full all the time, but there are non-monetary perqs they could offer that would strengthen my DCL loyalty. The first concerns priviledges at sail away. The CC only check in desk has become a joke. Reward me right there at the port. It would be so easy to split the line and let CC members have their own loading line. ALL the other lines we cruise do that, on top of of the $$ savings. Let those CC members who arrive early be the first ones on the ship. As others arrrive after the first initial rush, allow them via a side cattle pen to meld in with those standing in the regular line. This would cost Disney nothing, and think of the goodwill it would create.

Another perq that would cost DCL nothing but build loyalty would be to allow CC members to sign up for Palo and the spa before the actual date, much like the excursion sign up. Repeat cruisers know what spa treatments and know if they want Palo reservations.

In this day and age of fierce competition for our loyalty, it would behoove Disney to attempt to attract loyalty by sprinkling some of that pixie dust amongst their most loyal fans.

Marilee

I absolutly agree & wrote to the President of DCL in the spring of this year. After booking a RCCL cruise & looking at the rewards programs they have, I believe even discount airfares after 10 cruises. Recd a nice letter from a staff person who adv us to book early (we do), try a travel agent (we did) and look for specials. Which I have never seen for a 7 day cruise. But I continue to come back.

With all the competition at Port Canaveral, you would think DCL would consider some type of reward program for its loyal customers. One consideration could be similiar to an airlines frequent mileage program. So many miles of cruise travel could be used to discount future cruises, upgrade a stateroom or be used for onboard credits. While the beach towel, trading pins, and cocktail party are nice, after 10 (7 day) cruises and 3 more booked for 2004, something different would be nice.

Miss Eeyore, I agree with you about allowing Palo and Spa reservations made prior to sailing. It's one of the least non-monetary perks they can do for their loyal customers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter