DCL Ground Transportation

It’s not so much the early part as the not needing to worry about our two parties having different times that I think is nice, we’re cruising with grandparents who haven’t really traveled since 2004.

I think my plan right now is a car service from MCO to our WDW resort, DCL shuttle to port and then car service from port back to MCO. If I didn’t have to worry about a car seat, we would just rent a car.

Maybe I’ll see if my BIL who lives in Orlando wants to drive us 😅
Why not add a car seat to the rental reservation?

We've done all three options: car service, car rental and DCL bus. Transportation is expensive! If you use a car service, after gratuity it often ends up about the same as DCL for our family of 5 plus luggage as you need a larger SUV/van. Car rental can be cheaper depending on the length of cruise but is also stressful--the roads around orlando can be confusing, and don't forget you have to add the cost of gas and tolls and parking on top of the rental costs. Plus if you have little kids, I remember our last time in the rental one of our kids needed a bathroom midway through the drive to the port and there was NOTHING for miles. We ended up having to take him off the side of the road to do a "bush wee" as they say in bluey. On the bus they have a toilet in the back. Plus, at the end of the day, getting to the port earlier is a big perk for us.

Why not add a car seat to the rental reservation?
Because I would have no idea what that car seat has been through. If it’s ever been in an accident or been cleaned in the right way.

We've done all three options: car service, car rental and DCL bus. Transportation is expensive! If you use a car service, after gratuity it often ends up about the same as DCL for our family of 5 plus luggage as you need a larger SUV/van. Car rental can be cheaper depending on the length of cruise but is also stressful--the roads around orlando can be confusing, and don't forget you have to add the cost of gas and tolls and parking on top of the rental costs. Plus if you have little kids, I remember our last time in the rental one of our kids needed a bathroom midway through the drive to the port and there was NOTHING for miles. We ended up having to take him off the side of the road to do a "bush wee" as they say in bluey. On the bus they have a toilet in the back. Plus, at the end of the day, getting to the port earlier is a big perk for us.
I am for sure on the car service to the resort at this point, two hours on the Mears shuttle was awful. But I didn’t even think about the bathroom so THANK YOU, I think that may sway me to the bus 😂

Car rental can be cheaper depending on the length of cruise but is also stressful--the roads around orlando can be confusing, and don't forget you have to add the cost of gas and tolls and parking on top of the rental costs.
We've always done two one-way rentals. It's about $100 each way (plus toll and gas), but drop off is right at port (at PC) and then you don't have to pay for the days you're not using the care and parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter