DCL & ABD - Speculation from the Cruise Line Forum

HappyGrumpy, the prices on May 5 & 15 2010 Med cruises have dropped to $999 for Cat 12 GTY. Sorry, I don't recall if you travel with children, but if not or if you don't have schoold issues this is a great deal. If DS wasn't in school I'd be all over this.

Oh my goodness!! What to do What to do!! This is a very good deal and no we do not have kids!

Based on the info over on the cruise board, an announcement is imminent of some combination of ABD with a 7-day Med cruise for 2011. I'm still having a hard time imagining how that is going to work and retain any resemblence to ABD as we know it. I'll be on the Wonder in 2 weeks. If Disney would like for me to try it out for them at a drastically reduced price, I would be willing to make the sacrifice. :rotfl:

DCL has finally notified some of the folks who were already booked on the Aug 2011 Med cruises that the length of the cruise has been shortened to 7 days, although they haven't supplied any details yet. Date and pricing information to be released on Dec 15. It will be interesting to see what, if any, is the tie in to ABD.

A shorter cruise would actually work better for me - assuming it makes it a little cheaper! We'll have to wait and see what they do.

I hope the announcement date is accurate. I'll be on the Wonder Dec 17 and if the tie in with ABD is something that appeals to me and if they offer the on-board rebooking discount, it would be a great opportunity for a European adventure for us in 2011. And if the dates don't conflict with school, of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter