Days Suites Maingate East

FirstTimertoDiz

<font color=teal>I love visiting NYC<br><font colo
Ok, so I have ressies for Days Suites for this June, and now that I have been reading some of these posts, I am getting a little nervous! From what I gather in my readings, Days Suites did some renovations about a year or so ago, so has anyone stayed there since that time? This is my first trip to Disney, and I want the experience to be a good (but very affordable) one!

Thanks,

Lisa

We had made ressies for this property in Aug. After reading reviews and posts and getting some insight from a few TAs I decided it would be worth it to switch to a different hotel.
When I called and cancelled, the reservations person asked why? I told her we decided to stay with Disney, she then wanted to know How much I was paying! I already have alot invested in this vacation, I did not want to risk ruining it with a property I was unsure of.just to save a few bucks.
It may be ok ,but for me.....I did not want to take the chance.:smooth:

FirstTimer,

We stayed at the Quality Suites in November 2000, which is next door to Days Inn Suites. Since our room and the parking area faced the Days Inn, I can tell you their customer base seemed to be large groups of High-school and college-age teens. Although I didn't see any troublesome activity, at almost any time of the day or night, there always seemed to be groups of kids milling about. Their parking lot also seemed to be full of buses. I have never read a good word about any of the Days Inns in Orlando, so you might want to consider making a change. Enjoy your first trip, wherever you stay!

True!!
I stayed at Days Inn Universal last april and it was one of the worst place I´ve ever been
I think Orlando was others places to stay that are affordable and better

We stayed at the Day's Inn right next door to the suites our first night. The suites looked much smaller than I would have expected from the pictures when we walked by them. We considered this property when we were planning the trip, and I was glad I passed. The Day's Inn was just a room. The next day we moved to Oak Plantation and for $5.00 more got a one bedroom unit in a quiet location with nice pools. I would stay in that area again on a first night because it was nice to walk the kids over to Old Town after the long drive. We would have been miserable there for a week though. I liked the location of Buena Vista Suites and Calypso Cay when we drove by too. With all the great choices available, I would definitely avoid staying in that area for more than a night or so. Have you considered doing a timeshare tour at one of the resorts in exchange for a good rate? We avoid those ourselves but would consider it if we had to.

Hi...what is your price range, dates and number of adults and kids in your party...maybe some of us old frequent flyers and give you some choices....Ted

Please help me.................

I too am booked at the Days Suites and now I'm will be looking for another place to stay. Any suggestions, I need a suite with enough room for 3 adults and 3 kids and a baby. But I am on a tight budget of about 500-600.

Hi, I would like to give 3 options to find a great deal in the Disney area...these all work and we have done each one several times depending on the size of our party and if we were going weekend to weekend or midweek to midweek........ I usually don't give specific places to stay so folks don't think I am getting a cut or something.....but I would refer you to vrbo.com and check out listing 2375...this condo is 3 bedroom 3 bath nice pool and short drive to Disney.....At the vrbo.com site there are over 500 homes and condos for rent......this is one of our favorites...tell them your buget is under 600 dollars and I am sure you can deal with these private owners.....The reason I would suggest a condo rather than a house is pool heat....it is about 20 dollars a day extra and the condo has a nice central pool for no charge....and in June a pool will feel good at the end of the day....these homes and condos rent usually Sat to Sat or Sun to Sun.....option two....go to skyauction.com and hit the "ready set go" add..then go to the 499 a week rentals and put in your dates for a 2 bedroom ( you could try the 299 a week for two and see if you get lucky or do a one bedroom for 299 but only accept Silver Lake as they have two baths and two pull out couches)....these are definately weekend to weekend deals, and if you can get Orange Lake, Silver Lake, Summer Bay, Cypress Point Sunterra or Celebration (2 bedroom) this would be a great deal...we just did Orange lake and it was great for 6 people....if you like to bid, go the auction part of the site and give it a try, but the "ready set go" involves no bidding just confirming the site....option 3...wait till 3 weeks before your trip and go Priceline.com and bid for two rooms in the Disney Vicinity only....I would suggest a 3 star for about 40 a night or 80 a night for two rooms....these are very nice hotels and Priceline is a very popular and reputable service.....Trying these auctions or Priceline can be a little scary at first, but they work and can save you hundreds of dollars and for the same price take you from a Days Inn to a first class property...feel free to post back with questions or email direct....we have been to Disney with kids and grandkids for many wondrful trips over the last 35 years and have learned a lot through trial and error......good luck...you will LOVE Disney....Grandpa Ted..FYI I just checked skyauction and they have a 2 bedroom at Orange Lake for 299 a week June 1st and a two bedroom for 499 on June 8..these are a very good deal!...good luck, Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter