• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day 3, Sunday August 19, 2001 “I squish when I walk…”

Cora

Constantly in trip planning mode...I want to go aw
Up and down to the lounge for breakfast. From here we head to Islands of Adventure…BIG TIP: DO ALL THE WATER RIDES FIRST!!!!! WEAR TEVA’S OR ANY TYPE OF WATERPROOF SANDAL!!!!!!!!! They are great but they WILL get you wet. Hubby and Anthony were dressed in swim trunks so they were ok. However, me…I was soaked! Yes, I squished when I walked…it was not one of the most attractive things! Eventually I had to buy shorts and a top. So we first did Ripsaw Falls, the Barge and River Adventure. From there we tried to do the Pterodon Flyers but the wait was 45 min and then they had tech difficulties. We had the same problem with Spiderman, tech difficulties. The rides are great and they try with the themes but it’s just not WDW. I noticed on some of the rides that there would be areas with no theme. But we still had a ball. Again FOTL is the best. For lunch we headed to Mythos, very good! After this we tried Poseidon’s Fury. Warning I have a VERY daring son...Tower of Terror at 4 1/2. For the first time we had to use the exit, he got spooked before the final room. Just an FYI for kids. I don’t know why it could’ve been the loud noises and the darkness. We then headed to Suessland and it started to thunder and rain, so we decided to come back the next day.

We headed back to the hotel and off to the pool. The slide is ok, Anthony went up and down it a few times. When you’re used to the slide at Boardwalk I guess almost anything pales. The pool is very large and sprawling. We found it difficult to keep track of Anthony. But we had a good time, until they closed the pool. I was sitting near the lifeguard and a gentleman came up and was pointing to an area on the other side of the pool. Next thing we know there is security and they have the net…well, they wound up closing the pool…do you recall that scene in Caddyshack, when the girl yells “POOO”. Well, that’s what it was and in this case there was no BabyRuth bar! LOL

After our little bit of relaxation, we went up to shower and get ready for dinner. We decided to head to Margaritaville. We showed our room card and it cut our wait time in half…this was great. As we waited we had fun looking around in the store. TIP: Ask for the room downstairs, although the sedateness of it was great for DH & me, Anthony wasn’t too thrilled.

After a nice dinner and GREAT margaritas we headed back by boat to the hotel, cookies and milk and good nite…

Okay the poo things was too funny!!! :jester:

And as for Margaritaville I have to agree, we were seated upstairs and although it was nice and quiet it was away from the action of the restaurant (good if you have a headache I guess...;) ).

Off to read your next day! :D

been enjoying the Universal and IOA reports. I hope that on our next trip in a couple of years that we can stay here for a couple of nights before doin disney. We loved Margaritaville and had a lot of fun singing along with the crew. And the shrimp dip - YUM!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter