• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day 3 at HRH- US, IOA and Mythos

Cast

DS - 10
DD - 11
DS - 10
DH&DW (40's)

First let me say thanks to all of you for telling me to eat at Mythos. What a great restaurant. We started out our last day in IOA. Unfortunately we got a later start than we wanted. Kids did Hulk again, we rode spidey, went into Suess Landing and believe it or not did One Fish 2 Fish. What a cute ride. Did CITH. It broke down while we were in it and when we came out, the attendant said we could ride it again immediately. We declined since we have FOTL anyhow. Kids wanted to try Dr. Doom. They were totally unimpressed. We had a early ressie for Mythos as we were going to head over to US. This rest. blew me away. Their decor, staff and food were wonderful. My hubby loves to make all kinds of soups. (He thinks he is the original soup Nazi). Their lobster and corn chowder was to die for. I had to prevent him from licking the bowl. We were torn on what to order, so we ordered pizza of the day(which was all types of veggies) and the wrap sandwich. Absolutely delicious. Kids ordered pizza as well. They said it was the best they had. We really did not have the room, but we ordered the chocolate gooey banana cake and shared it.(I can still taste it now) On my next trip, we will definitely eat there more than once. On to US.
Did BTTF, MIB(twice) great ride and then on to my favorite ET. The ride broke down before we got on it. We waited 20 minutes but this was the longest we waited for anything in either park. We went into Alfred Hitchcock, Hanna Barbera and the Beetlejuice show. Then on to KingKong again, Earthquake and Jaws.
My only beef with FOTL is that they keep changing the lane.. 2nd time on KK, we took a elevator. The day before, we walked up. It was great the 2nd time because we got to sit in the first row with the ride attendant. What a view.

We missed the last Animal Planet Show and WW Show so we sat down and had a soda. We headed back to the hotel for another swim and we went to Nascar that night for dinner. Nascar was okay if you are looking for burgers, fries, etc. DD ordered Chicken Pot Pie and our server told her not to order it because it has no chicken in it. I thought this was really nice of him. We lazily walked around citywalk and headed back to the hotel. We went into the HRH store and picked up some T-shirts. Here is the only place that I can honestly say that the staff were not friendly. They never asked if they could help you and they looked to me as being sorta stuck-up. I did not feel welcome in their at all. Oh well, everyone else was great. I had forgotten at check in to show my Loews card and asked if we could have cookies and milk that night. They obliged and broughtit up at 10:OO pm. Nice way to end the day. Oh, I forgot, hubby & I were celebrating a monumental anniversary and our best friends wired in $500 to the hotel. What a nice surprise to have a credit on your account when you leave a hotel.(Our friends had no way of knowing I had prepaid our rooms). The remainder of my trip reports will be on the WDW sites.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I loved HRH and I would stay their again in a heartbeat. FOTL I know is going to change sometime soon but I would still go back. Next time, I will stay more days. It is relaxing and to be able to walk to the parks is great. You have everything you need at your doorstep. If anyone has any questions, fire away, I hope I can help you.

FINAL THOUGHTS

Thanks for writing! Your reports were fun to read. What generous friends, wow! Good for you.:)

edwardlican,
The Sunset Grille has a continental breakfast buffet and a full breakfast buffet. We weren't real thrilled with it, but other people seem to love it. They also have a regular breakfast menu.

I'll be staying at the HRH next month along with my DW and 2 DDs. How did your DS and DD like the HRH? Is there anything that is a "don't miss" at the HRH? I know that we will be spending most of time in the parks but am also interested in the HRH. Did you do the Dive-In movies? Thanks
Eric

My kids loved HRH. They both enjoyed the slide and playing chess with the life size figures. I do not believe there is a "not to miss" at HRH with the exception of the pool. How old are your kids? Maybe I can help better if I knew ages.

minijeanie
Thanks for the info. And more would be even better. My 2 DDs are 9 and 12. We will get there 2 days after the 12 year old's birthday. They are both water rats so I am sure that the pool is going to be at the top of their favorites. Thanks
Eric

We were there last week and stayed at the HRH and the WL at Disney also.The HRH delux room was twice as big as the WL.The service was better also.

millerglass

Great ages for kids to go. They will probably enjoy the shuffleboard
and life size chess. The water slide is right next to the outside bar. It is a great place for you to hange while they are swimming. My DH & I did just that. We got to be alone for a while and still were able t watch the kids. When we were there in August, it was very hot. We had to stay in the shade. The other thing I might recommend would be to rent a cabana for the day. I am unsure of the rate, but I do not think it is that expensive. I believe there is a mini fridge in it. (which you can stock with your own libations) fan and TV. I have heard rave reviews about it. We were uncertain of whether to do it when we were there, but when I go back I will rent one.

ALso, tons and tons of lounge chairs all around. You will never have a problem finding a seat.
If you want a list of attractions that I think will appeal to them let me know.

The 1st one that comes to mind is MIB. My kids ( and parents) were on it constantly. What a fun ride. FOTL is the absolute best. You almost feel guilty passing the people by who are waiting. Any other questions, just shoot away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter