Day 2, April 5

pathubia

<font color=green>Gets lost at Portofino<br><font
Day 2
Cast: Me
DH
DD,(8 going on 28)

2 cool things happened before we left home, we got a letter from the HRH explaining that we would be there for their 1st annual birthday bash and we got a call from universal to see if we wanted to ride on a Mardi Gras Float.

Checked out of the PBH with no flaws, we didn't have a car so we checked our luggage with the bell man and they said they would get our luggage to the HRH (they did). We took the bus to the HRH and checked in around 9am. There was no line to check in but the lobby was rumbling with people and excitement, they were hanging a big silver disco ball and a lighted dance floor on the lower part of the lobby. While checking in DD spotted Pat Travers from the concert the night before walking by, I thought she was gonna explode. Imagine if it was one of the *nsync guys, she would have passed right out on the floor. The clerk gave DD a welcome gift, bag with visor and other stuff in it. The room wasnt ready so we headed over to IOA. Hit a couple of rides and had lunch at 11:45 (no ressies needed) at my favorite rest Mythos. It was great. DH is a smoker so we sat outside. The weather was perfect. Headed back to the HRH around 4pm, room was ready. Deluxe pool view, room 3140, about 2 1/2 hallways from the lobby. The poolview was pretty obstructed by a big palm tree, but it was nice just the same.

It was 70's night at the HRH and they had a Austin Powers lookalike walking around. My DD brought her 70's costume with her and she was quite the hit with Austin and the rock and rollers. We couldnt hang around for Dive-In movies, so DD sulked for a while. We went for a swim during the Pablo Cruise concert, they had Pat Travers, some guy from Toto, and a few other "rock stars" playing with them. It was cool listening to them play live while we were spashing around in the pool. Had a quick dinner at the Beach Club and we headed to US for the Mardi Gras Parade.

We needed to pick up our parade passes at 8:30 pm in front of the Wild West Show, the woman was there handing them out. DH wanted to ride JAWS while waiting, but DD is terrified of that ride, we talked her into going on it, but she hid her face the whole time. We still had a few minutes to spare so DH won DD a stuffed dog, (which I had to lug around). Throwing out beads is not as easy as it looks, you have to sign waivers, get chained to the float, wear a costume. We got picked for the Universal Float, very ironic, it has JAWS on it, DD wouldnt even look at the shark....What a BLAST. We had the best time on that float. I couldnt believe the hordes of people screaming for beads. I tried to thow to kids, DH tried to throw to cute young chicks, and DD just tried to throw. Unfortunatly, our float ran out of beads around T2-3D, after that we danced and apologized to the throngs of screaming people.

After that workout we were wiped out. We could barely walk back to the HRH and we peeked in at the small crowd dancing on the disco dance floor, too tired to party any more.

Patty

We had room 3144!!!! Man I'm sorry, but it seemed like it took forever to get to our room....I think they needed another set of elevators in the middle of these halls!!!!

It sounds like you and your family had a blast!!! If you took pictures, it would be nice to see a couple of them. Thanks for sharing.:)

I would love to share my pix, but i cant figure how to hook up the scanner!!

Patty

Sounds like a great time. Hope we can see some pics! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter