• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day 1 Arrive Hard Rock/Universal/Pool

JessicaR

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>
Trip Report- Day 1 August 29- Sept 07

Wake up at 4:30A pack car and head to airport for a 7A flight to MCO. Normal morning bickering since we were all too excited to sleep the night before. All goes smoothly and 2 ½ hours later we land at MCO. We have reserved a Tiffany town car to pick us up and Gregory is there waiting with a smile. We enjoy our interesting conversation with the driver and the trip to Hard Rock is over before we know it. Nice lobby! Kids loved those black leather couches. I didn’t imagine our room could be ready so early but surprisingly it was. The front desk check in was a pleasure and my son showed his report card and was given a nice gift not leaving my younger son out he received one as well. Nice touch. We reserved a pool view and were upgraded to a deluxe pool view. I did ask. We were told no Loews amenities since we had the discounted entertainment rate. No biggieJ WE get out keys and the bellhop take us to our room (Great View) Nice room…it was very clean and I liked the decor. At check in we were given a CD and I popped it in. I unpacked a bit while kids checked to make sure there was a play station in room. My husband went downstairs to concierge to buy our flex passes. We decided to head to City Walk after walking around the grounds a bit. Loved the look of the pool! The slide looked like fun. We walked via the shortcut told to us by the bellhop over to City Walk and had lunch at Margarittaville. Ordered those huge nacho’s and kids had a kids meal. No room for dessert but made a mental note to go back for just dessert (we saw the chocolate cake) Headed to Universal, it was not a very hot day but found that was short lived after waking the next day. Universal was open till 7P this evening. We walked right on Hanna-Barbera no line. Next was Kong…my 4-year-old son just loves this attraction. He has decided the proper name is banana breath ride. It’s so funny to hear and watch him egg Kong on like he’s real. Next stop Earthquake that fire is HOT when its 90-degree’s outside. Still always enjoy this ride and pre show. Jaws is next and we can’t wait since it was down when we were here last. Uneventful ride…the Captain just wasn’t into it so we decide to try this again tomorrow. MIB is next and we have great fun shooting up the aliens. My score was awful, what did I do wrong??? My husband gloated. I promised to kick his butt next time. By now the pool was calling our names big time! Had to figure out a way to bypass the Kidzone. A promise of ice cream and a swim did the trickJ back to the hotel changed into our suits and hit the pool. It was still crowded at about 6P but not too bad that you couldn’t enjoy it. I spotted the cabanas and knew we had to do that at least one day.My son took over the slide and soon had me hooked as well. We stayed in the pool area for a good 3 hours before we decided to get a bite to eat. Didn’t want to head back to CW so we changed and ate at the Sunset Grill. Great choice! I really fell in love with this place from the servers to the food to the ambiance it was all terrific. I ordered the risotto it had asparagus and sun dried tomatoes mushrooms and a few other things combined. Delicious! My husband had a burger and it was huge and tasty. My 8 year old the grilled cheese connoisseur had of course, grilled cheese and said it was the best one he’s ever had. My other son 4 had the kids steak it was a large kids portion and very good. The kids ordered the chocolate puzzle with ice cream and it was very cute and yummy. I had a cappuccino. Okay you will soon learn I am a cappuccino addict and often have 2 a day…this one was perfect. We finished up and made our way to the room. Before we knew it all were fast asleep. I am surprised we made it through this long eventful day with so little sleep the night before. Wake up call from Spiderman for 7:30A.

Sounds like a great first day! Ohhhh, spidey first thing in the morning! (Wonder if Robin has one of those:D )
Can't wait for your next report.

Great report! May I ask a few questions? Are there hair dryers and irons in the rooms?
Would appreciate your help. Wea re leaving Wednesday am (hopefully) Thanks in advance.

Peg:bounce:

Peg,
Yes, there are hair dryers and irons in the room. In fact the HRH is one of the few hotels that has a really strong hair dryer instead of those weak little things that hang from the wall.

Thanks gschmerl.
Two more things I can remove from my suitcase!! Trying really hard to fly light this time. Always take way too much.

Peg:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter