Daughter won vip tour - first trip to USA

Azana

Earning My Ears
hi,
Been planning a while for our first Florida trip,(we are from UK) and this forum has been great! We are really excited, more so as my daughter won us 2 days of VIP tour, just confirmed with Disney, and some other stuff including our 14 day passes reimbursed!

Any top tips as to what we should ask to see? We will definitely go to toy story land as that’s how she won this prize and we gather it’s busy. Apart from that not sure which parks we should ask to go to. We are finishing one day at fantasmic and the other at magic kingdom fireworks before they take us home.

All tips appreciated........also, should we tip the tour guide? Don’t want to get it wrong!

We have fastpass booked for the other, non vip days

Thank you

We always do private tours when visiting Disney World. It is wonderful having a guide to help you navigate the parks and get you through the lines quicker. It is completely customizable so you really need to think about what is most important to your family. If you don’t want to do a lot of walking, they will drive you to rides on the other side of the park, or if you want to stroll casually they move the SUV to the other side and meet you there.

We were there last week and had our guide pick us up at The Contemporary valet. We saved time not having to go through security/entrances as we parked behind attractions. There were CMs waiting to scan our bands, and they had baskets of snacks and cold water waiting for us.

Our priorities were the newest rides in Toy Story Land and Pandora so our guide made sure we got to ride and see everything there. I’m not a fan of “spinning” rides so I planned to sit out at Swirling saucers, but our guide assured me it doesn’t just spin, but instead whips you around and you’re constantly changing tracks. I’m glad he talked me into it, bc I ended up loving it!!

At MK, we were able to ride everything we wanted including SDMT 3x in a row, front seat every time. Also, we had a dinner adr for 9:45pm at Be Our Guest, but our guide got it changed to 6pm since we were starving at that time. We invited him to have dinner with us, but they only had a table for 4 so he took a break while we dined. After dinner we rode a few more rides, and then our guide dropped us off at the private reserved area in front of the castle to watch Happily Ever After fireworks show. The view from there was fantastic and there were only 3 other families there so we had plenty of room to spread out.

We always tip our guides and they happily accept. We can’t go to Disney World without them anymore, they make it so much more relaxing and fun!

Last edited:
Hi thanks - all amazing info thank you for taking the time to write it - really appreciate it! Even more excited now! A rough ball- park figure for tips would be helpful - we can’t leave huge amounts but are worried too little might offend more than nothing ......... the flights from uk are expensive so ....

Congratulations! What a wonderful thing to win! I hope you enjoy it and let us know how it goes. I'd love to live vicariously through you

Congratulations!

Just remember though, you might have to pay the taxes on what you won at the end of the year, so make sure you screen shot or take photos of how much the VIP tour actually costs, cause sometimes they value it higher

Then again, I don't know how it works in the UK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter